• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SKULLBIKER’S Let’s See How It Goes in 2018 GLOG

I thought that after a year off because I could barely walk(I have a new knee now that is working much better), that I would try to post another glog. Im not going super wild and Im using seeds saved or purchased from 2013 to 2015, with most of them from the older end of the range! Im going to try for 1 or 2 each on the super-hots and 2 to many on the more edible, table friendly peppers. As usual, I will go heavy on the jalapenos and cherry bombs. Anyway here is my list. (subject to change without notice)

2018 GROW LIST

Bhut Jalokia Indian Carbon
Brain Strain
Butch T Yellow
Carolina Reaper
Devils Brain
Jonahs Yellow Brain
Madbalz Brown

Aji Brazillian Starfish
Albanian Red Hot
Brazillian Starfish Yellow
Bulgarian Carrot
Cajun Belle
Cherry Bomb XL
Colossal Hybrid Bell Pepper
Emerald Fire Jalapeno
Fatalii
Numex Heritage Big Jim
Palmyra Sweet Pepper
Primo Jalapeno
Ms. Junie
World Record Big Jim
Yellow Hot

Just moved the Biker Billy in Kratky hydro from the pgh to a bigger reservoir in the big greenhouse. There was a little carnage but the job got done!
7BBA3F8C-4890-463F-8502-C34EE412B949.jpeg

183F6700-FCD2-4CB4-8AD9-3D5D884F3305.jpeg

And the first red ripe pods off of this plant.
BA6C0571-E46F-47B3-B176-7967F4B0531E.jpeg

karoo said:
Really good pics.
Enjoy those peppers.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, just phone pics. I enjoyed those last night loaded with cheese and bacon bits, also tried a couple each of Emerald Fire jalapeno, Primo Jalapeno, Ms. Junie & World Record Big Jim hatch peppers, and 1 Sahauro Big Chile. All were good.

This is a great GLOG.  Really like your progress. Very nice results. I am getting ready to move a few plants from indoor aerogardens to 35 gallon outdoor kratky set-ups as they have no more space inside.    

J.Hobbs said:
This is a great GLOG.  Really like your progress. Very nice results. I am getting ready to move a few plants from indoor aerogardens to 35 gallon outdoor kratky set-ups as they have no more space inside.    
Thank you. A couple of things with outdoor Kratky is to paint the containers silver or cover them with foil so they don’t get too hot. And cover your net pot or whatever to keep rain water out(changes the ph and nutrient concentration), but you still have to have air into the reservoir to supply the air portion of the roots.

Moved two more Kratky plants from the pgh to the big house this afternoon, they were really cramped and growing into each other in the pgh. Some carnage and leaves and a few pods lost in the move. Only 2 left to move!

The first one is a Butch T Yellow, then Devils Brain, and the Biker Billy I moved yesterday.
2357A662-A756-4827-B769-5E05D0A496C9.jpeg

The Devils Brain is fairly loaded with pods.
0DD8C009-8828-483E-A46E-1546E800D6D1.jpeg

Walking around checking the deer fence, here are a couple of pics from the outside.

The original Reaper, that turned ou to be a Reaper X ?. Lots of pods to pick.
0392B570-DA1A-4F05-8766-D2AC8D5C7E02.jpeg

7 Pot Douglah Yellow with good poddage, plants in the 5 gal buckets are getting huge and suck water like crazy. I have to water most of the 5 gal plants daily unless it rains.
37EC0507-8A1C-4E15-ABDB-9F697B52D7D9.jpeg

Kratky update, all the Kratky plants are now moved into the big greenhouse for the remainder of the season. Five pepper plants, three tomato plants, and one artichoke plant.
8CA4EA6C-1B20-4C1B-92E6-6EC60684BF08.jpeg

Red Moruga Scorpions in Kratky.
C04DB69A-795A-4D71-B2BA-9EB3121D61E3.jpeg

Two of the tomato plants on the end, one is about ready to go out the top vent(thats ten feet).
B900464B-093B-4C76-9BDE-F38C30240B42.jpeg

Looks good!
You will be up to your eyeballs in superhots in a few weeks.
You can take personal responsibility for turning me on to Kratkys this year.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Walchit said:
Those kratky things seem to work well. I saw peter s had a giant Jpgs plant in a trash can a year or two ago
They work pretty well once you get it all figured out. Nice and simple, no power needed, no stone or pumps, etc. Last year I had a couple of Honey Dew melon plants going in garbage cans at the very back of my grow area. Peter S has some good info on making them self filling to maintain the nute level. That is my biggest problem.......letting them run out of juice. Next year 55 gal plastic drums are on my list, you can usually get used food grade ones on Craigs List pretty cheap.

The float valves are in the plan for next year but will still go to 55 gal drums. I have had tomato plants where the root mass completely filled a garbage can. Bigger root mass, bigger plant.

Back