• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Small batch co-packers

Hello All,
I need some help...
Is there any small private co-packer near Lancaster, PA. I have some sauces I would like packed...
Thanks in advance for the help,
Capt Ron

Lancaster Fine Foods have relatively small batch minimums but they charge you for EVERYTHING else that most co-packers consider a price of doing business. I sent them some of my stuff for price quotes and after all the additional and hidden charges, I told them to go pound sand before we really even got started.

RedtailForester said:
Lancaster Fine Foods........they charge you for EVERYTHING else.......hidden charges...
Be careful my friend, Lancaster is home to the Amish Mafia. lol

Seriously though, I have looked into several places and the untold things still get on the bottom line. It gets annoying, but they know if they tell the bottom line from the door less people will stay and listen to how they stroke every bottle with care and gently handle them with cotton gloves while packing them up for you in fine Arabian cardboard boxes that just look like normal boxes by chance.

Honestly Capt, it would be just as easy for you to get your registration with the Department of Agriculture and make it yourself. I have been looking for a co-packer for my sauces but I can't find one that is able to duplicate the quality and consistency of my sauces. Until then, I get to sweat over the stove!!!

Back