• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoked Ribs and Poppers 01-24-09

AlabamaJack said:
012409h002.jpg

2001%20SPACE%20ODYSSEY.jpg

thanks gents....

TCG I love that...isn't that from 2001?

Dinner is served...I boiled the corn in the drip pan and it is delicious...pretty simple...poppers, ribs and corn with a shiner....

gonna go get a full belly

012409i002.jpg

Thank you for visiting AJs Kitchen, 01-24-09

Bon Apetite

:lol: roflmao

AJ...that plate is a thing of beauty. French cooks are experiencing much woe and gnashing of teeth because you have posted those pics. God took a rib from Adam and turned it into Eve. I think you did one better on that plate. Adam and Eve didn't have any smoked poppers! Good ol fashioned Texas cookin' does a spirit good! You should write a book "This is How We Roll in Texas" and have the rib and popper pic on the cover!

Cheers, TB.

AlabamaJack said:
thanks gents....

TCG I love that...isn't that from 2001?

Lol yeah. Great movie.

I like the idea of boiling corn in the water pan too, i'll have to give that a shot.

Thanks all for the nice compliments today...

Overall, I would give my first shot at smokin' an A....meat was tender, corn only needed a touch of salt...didn't use any butter or anything...the drippings seasoned the corn...and the poppers, well the poppers tasted great...I got a couple of hot ones...

Its been about 25 minutes since I stopped eating and my mouth still has a nice little glow to it...the spice was right on....(for me and wife anyway...)

I am whipped....gonna check the forums for a bit then probably go snoozin'...

later all..

Aj that all looks so good..

I am getting more and more inspired to get a good smoker because of all you guys.......:)

I love smoked food.....and hate the fact I don't get it enough

I should have eaten breakfast before clicking on this thread. AJ I'd say you did just wonderful for your first attempt at smoking.

My first assignment was at Nellis. Loved it. Good luck to all of ya.

AJ - you did a fine job for breaking in your smoker. the ribs & poppers look tasty!
what do you mean when you say lump oak charcoal, did you use regular dried oak or do they sell oak in charcoal form ?

chilehunter said:
AJ - you did a fine job for breaking in your smoker. the ribs & poppers look tasty!
what do you mean when you say lump oak charcoal, did you use regular dried oak or do they sell oak in charcoal form ?

I got it at walmart...it was in a bag that said chunk oak charcoal and sure enough, it was chunks about the size of your fist and smaller...looked like camp fire coals that had been doused with water then dried out...

Back