• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SnF's 2015 glog attempt

Planted 72 cells yesterday 2/27/15.  This year we're going with the following varieties:

1. Vulcan
2. Elo De Ecuador
3. Sigaretta de Bregamo
4. Pusa Jwala
5. Criolla de Cocina 
6. Piment de Bresse
7. Aji Colorado
8. Numex Conquistador
9. Sulu Adana
10. Aleppo
11. Yalova Charleston
12. Murupi Amarela 
13. Jalachuan
14. Bahamian Goat
15. Numex Pinata
16. Purple Beauty
17. Onza Amarillo
18. Orange Rocoto
19. Bell of Gollu
20. Tobasco
21. Traveller Jalapeno
22. Mulato Isleno
23. Peguis
24. Greek Pepperoncini
25. Italian Pepperoncini
26. Jalafuego
27. Fish pepper
28. Trinidad Spice
29. Long red cayenne
30. Padron
31. Chimayo
32. Cheongyang Gochu
33. Numex Mirasol
34. Pimente d'Espelette
35. Jemez Pueblo
36. Alcalde
37. Surinam 8 
38. Numex Spanish Piquillo
39. Fresno
40. St Helena
41. Giant Aconcagua
42. Bishop's Hat
42. Jamaican Gold

35m4foo.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good congrats on the ripe pods. Looks like your plants are all doing well.

I made a new batch of sauce the other night. Still tuning it up. It's getting better every time I make it. As soon as I get the recipe down in going to order bottles. Just hobby stuff.

Love it!  Gets addicting fast.  When you're looking for bottles check out Fillmore.  :)

Are those ripe pods Aleppos? I've had a few of mine and they are super tasty, but not very hot at all. Is that normal? Or maybe it was just because they were the first pods?

Ozzy2001 said:
Are those ripe pods Aleppos? I've had a few of mine and they are super tasty, but not very hot at all. Is that normal? Or maybe it was just because they were the first pods?

The ripe pods are Alcalde.  They're a landrace pepper from Mexico/American Southwest.  Only a slight heat - I'd put them between a jala and a serrano.  Aleppo are about the same in terms of heat though bigger.   :)

SmokenFire said:

Love it!  Gets addicting fast.  When you're looking for bottles check out Fillmore.   :)
Good price!  

Back