• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SnF's Feastival!

NOTE:  tinypic previously hosted my photos.  They have closed after they were purchased by photobucket as news corp pushes people to pay for photo hosting.  I'll be replacing images here as I'm able.  Check out post image dot org for free photo hosting in lieu of pay sites...

Last night I made some poppers.  

poppers-plated.jpg

8oz brick cream cheese, softened
1 lb jalas
2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
4 oz shredded cheese
4 oz fire roasted salsa (home made)

Slice the jalas lengthwise and gut them.  Keep stem on, it serves as a handle.

all hollowed out and ready to stuff!

Mix the softened cream cheese with the bacon, shredded cheese and salsa.  Stir well to combine.

Get a spoon and make with the stuffing!!  Here they are ready to go topped with a bit of smoked jala powder:

And now to the grill we go!

Gently remove the poppers about 20-30 minutes later and plate.

Thanks for looking!

tctenten said:
Looking good Dru.  BLT is something I just do not eat as frequently as I should.

neither do I truth be told.  humble and simple sandwich but yet when all the ingredients are put together the sum is greater than its parts.  full disclosure: I ate two of em and contemplated a third but I knew the wife would be pissed if I ate that whole mater...  lol

Oh my goodness :drooling:

You know I was wondering if maybe when your kids are growed up and move out, you could adopt me?

Just saw the blue plate special again. I really think that is one of the best meals I've ever seen posted. That cauliflower...oh fer crying out loud, I think i'm tearing up.

hogleg said:
Oh my goodness :drooling:

You know I was wondering if maybe when your kids are growed up and move out, you could adopt me?

Just saw the blue plate special again. I really think that is one of the best meals I've ever seen posted. That cauliflower...oh fer crying out loud, I think i'm tearing up.

It's only a matter of time before we get together and make wonderful plates brah.  I'll be sharing my cauliflower roasting secrets too.  ;)

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow just can't say it enough Dru!!!!! Fantastic post brother!!! Put them all together and it's a masterpiece!!

SmokenFire said:
Last night I made some poppers.  

j0lmol.jpg

8oz brick cream cheese, softened
1 lb jalas
2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
4 oz shredded cheese
4 oz fire roasted salsa (home made)

Slice the jalas lengthwise and gut them.  Keep stem on, it serves as a handle.

xgimp0.jpg

all hollowed out and ready to stuff!

2mrco5v.jpg

Mix the softened cream cheese with the bacon, shredded cheese and salsa.  Stir well to combine.

30ca8f4.jpg

Get a spoon and make with the stuffing!!  Here they are ready to go topped with a bit of smoked jala powder:

2upspci.jpg

And now to the grill we go!

143hwfm.jpg

Gently remove the poppers about 20-30 minutes later and plate.

6zt3cz.jpg

Thanks for looking!
looking good !  

grantmichaels said:

She slays meatloaf ... mine's just alright ...

I get extra veg in the kids by mincing our kale/parsley/onion and garlic into it.  Great flavor.  That glaze made from the sauce Old Salty me though - mixed about 50/50 with ketchup - is just super great.

Meatloaf may be humble, but it's a comforting touchstone to my youth. :) 

SmokenFire said:

I get extra veg in the kids by mincing our kale/parsley/onion and garlic into it.  Great flavor.  That glaze made from the sauce Old Salty me though - mixed about 50/50 with ketchup - is just super great.

fried meatloaf sammies the next day is good eats as well  :cheers:

SmokenFire said:

That's the best part about Danielle's ... her's is tastier, AND healthier ...

I like that it's lighter - I know she uses a portion of ground turkey, for one, but also it's the way she handles the diced veg ...

It's the exception to my anti-ground-poultry rule ...

Back