• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Some food I cooked (JayT's Flog)

I couldn't figure out where to post this stuff and didn't want to inundate The Drunken Chef, so I figured I would start my own thread for posting my foods, hot sauces and other creations.

100_1819.JPG

Teriyaki pork chops dusted with Cajun Island Blackening Spice

100_1821.JPG

100_1822.JPG

Pork quesadillas with three kinds of peppers cheddar jack cheese and Pex' HornetBomb sauce.

100_1824.JPG

100_1825.JPG

100_1826.JPG

100_1828.JPG

100_1829.JPG

100_1830.JPG

Yankee Enchiladas filled with, yep, more pork, tomatoes, onions, peppers, chiles, rice, and cheese.  Topped with Ranchero sauce, moar cheese, and black olives and baked.  Then topped again with sour cream and salsa verde.

What's going on in here JayT?  You're pictures are in focus and your pizzas are round?!

There's nothing left to critique!

Damn you sir, damn you I say!

Looking good up in here!  Didn't know they were ribs though, I was trying to work it out then had to scroll down to see the description.  I was going with a smoked flat sausage ;)

:D

Stole this idea from someone on FB, Meatball Sandwich Casserole.

24oz of frozen meatballs (I used Mama Lucia Brand, personal preference)
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 loaf of fresh Italian bread, sliced

To prepare:

Preheat oven to 400. Brown the meatballs in pot with olive oil, then cover with sauce (I also add garlic, basil,oregano, pepper powder, salt and pepper to taste) and cook over medium heat until warmed completely through, about 10 minutes. Stir as needed to keep meatballs from sticking to pot. Once heated through remove from heat. Place meatballs in the center of a 9x13 baking dish, layer mozzarella and Italian blend cheeses over meatballs topping off with the Parmesan. Take the slices of Italian bread and line the pan all the way around with them so that they are kind of keeping the meatballs toward the center of the pan. The bread slices will be standing up in the pan as shown in the picture. You have creative freedom here with the bread...you can lightly butter and garlic the bread prior to placing it in the pan if you prefer or even brush lightly with olive oil and garlic.  I made garlic bread and used that.

Place in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!

101_0145.JPG

101_0146.JPG

taking a page out of Joyner's menu tonight.  Simple venison stir fry.

Venison steak marinated overnight with soy sauce, worchestershire, seasoned pepper blend, a splash of sesame oil, and olive oil.
Chunks of green bell pepper, Vidalia onion, mushrooms, and some sort of little red peppers that Prodigal Son sent me.

Stir fried the meat first in olive oil over high heat, just enough to brown a little, and pulled it.  Then the mushrooms over lower heat with a little red wine to deglaze.  After about two minutes, the rest of the veggies, a little more olive oil, some sea salt and pepper, and cranked the heat again.  Added the meat back in and it was done.  I thought of serving over rice, but it is just fine by itself.

100_0181.JPG

100_0182.JPG

100_0183.JPG

After eating about a third of this I have decided it has a higher calling.  I am going for the tore tillahs!!!  Bless me TB.

En la nombre de la Madre y el Padre y la Espirito Santo, Amen.

That'll make some rockin' tacos!

Chingon.

Oh and that meatball casserole is MONEY!!!

Those look like leftovers.

Keep the wings and bacon but gimme' the poppers por favor.

Got any queso saved? 

Pour that on the poppers too!

Muy bueno!

JayT said:
taking a page out of Joyner's menu tonight.  Simple venison stir fry.

attachicon.gif
100_0183.JPG

After eating about a third of this I have decided it has a higher calling.  I am going for the tore tillahs!!!  Bless me TB.
yeah gimme some of that! You are right, it doesn't need no rice!!! Looks killer!!

I know it is blasphemy to put a sauce on such a nice steak, but I am trying out some products for review.  It and they were quite good.

100_0227.JPG

100_0228.JPG

Yeah.

LIke G said.

Spill it mang, what's on there?

And there ain't no sin in puttin' sauce on a steak.

(Bearnaise is The King of steak sauce's)

No that is all SoFlo.  Them peoples is crazy! :crazy: 

All I can tell you is that it is a HIGHLY decorated bbq company, like World Championships and stuff.  Reviews forthcoming.

JayT said:
I know it is blasphemy to put a sauce on such a nice steak, but I am trying out some products for review.  It and they were quite good.
I agree, but still seems awesome and well cooked! :D

This was just before I left for hunting camp, the last of my deer steak, with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

100_0250.JPG

And since today is a snow day, I guess it is a good time to make some bacon wrapped shrimp and some wings two ways. The first is a hodgepodge of Defcon 2, my fatalii puree, an unknown sweet Scorpion sauce, cajun seasoning, and Sriracha.  The other is the remnants of sauce 1 in the shaking bowl, and a healthy dose of Mae Ploy.  So a spicy Mae Ploy sauce.  I fried them in canola oil, shook them and put them in the oven to dry them out a bit and cook the sauce in.  I also sprinkled Kung Pao powder on the hotter wings.  The shrimp were tossed in Sicman's SicMix and wrapped in bacon then more powder. When they were cooked, I dipped them in the Mae Ploy sauce too and baked them (the ones I didn't already piehole) too.

100_0266.JPG

100_0267.JPG

100_0265.JPG

100_0268.JPG

100_0270.JPG

100_0271.JPG

100_0272.JPG

Well, I can say this, it is one thing to not eat bacon.  It is entirely another to take Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and REMOVE the bacon!!!

Back