• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Somethings wrong here.......

Probably better than anything that their wives or mom's could ever whoop up... Once you start making your own its hard to ever ever go back... made my own sausage the other day and I'll be damned if I ever buy it again, same with ribs, brisket virutally everything.... my wife like to go out because its the point just to go out

LUCKYDOG said:
... my wife like to go out because its the point just to go out

Yeah, that's true too. You don't have to worry about the prep, busting your butt in the kitchen, clean-up, the dishes, etc. Sometimes it's nice to just go out and have a meal and a drink(or twelve!)and not have to worry about all that.

If anyone on here hasn't seen Fast Food Nation yet, then you should. It's a film by Richard Linklater. He's also recently done A Scanner Darkly, which is based on a great novel by Philip K. Dick. Philip K. Dick is probably one of my favorite authors! Richard Linklater has also done Waking Life and Dazed and Confused.

Mmmm, after seeing Fast Food Nation, you might really think twice about getting that Wendy's burger to got a craving for! lol Even going to a large chain restaurant like Chili's or Friday's. Soooooooo much iodized salt! Which is another huge problem with the mainstream food supply in this country. Also be careful of the evil and devious corporate takeover of the Organic Foods market.

Fresh Samantha/Odwalla: Fresh Samantha is a popular organic juice brand regionally produced in Maine. Odwalla is a juice company founded in Santa Cruz, CA, in 1984. Fresh Samantha and Odwalla merged in May, 2000. Little do health conscious consumers suspect that Odwalla Juice is owned by CocaCola, as part of their Minute Maid unit.

Boca Burgers is owned by Kraft Foods, which is owned by Philip Morris.

Stoned Wheat Thins are made with GMOs (genetically modified organisms) and is owned by Nabisco, which was acquired by Philip Morris in December, 2000.

Arrowhead Water and Poland Spring Water are owned by Nestle (which is being boycotted because its "breast milk substitute" causes the deaths of millions of babies).

Soy Silk is owned by White Wave, which is owned by Dean Foods, whose main shareholders are Microsoft, General Electric, Philip Morris, Citigroup, Pfizer, Exxon/Mobil, Coca Cola, WalMart, PepsiCo, and Home Depot.

So even when you think you aren't supporting some of these corporate giants, in actuality you still are! Talk about capitalism run amok! -Lars-

my kids LOVE bbq'd ribs! lol the bigger questions is why people go to Chili's?
i like the ribs at Outback Steakhouse (not sure if it becuase my wife is manager and she bring me home some 3 nights aweek)

I've been to chilis once. About 2 years ago when I was last in Texas.

I had the ribs and TBH I didn't think they were that bad. My it's my amateurish taste buds. You guys seem to love your ribs stateside :)

Untill I moved here years back..I never seen so many chiptrucks in one town.When I lived on the other side of toronto I remember seing 1 chiptruck for the whole town here there is 3 for a town of 5000 always with lineups id be lieing if I sead I never went to them but what gets me is tonnes of peeps live off these chiptrucks..Poutines and a coke lol..
is it people are too busy,lazy to cook for themselves or is it a habit that has been passed on..Ill never know but myself id rather fire up the bbq anyday over eating that stuff..Eating poutines every day cant be that healthy..But off the rant lol theres a place around here I am dieing to try,Big Lukes he is known all around for his ribs hell you have to make resevertions to get in...And he claims to have the hottest sauce in this aera..

Back