• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sooooo...Who here vapes?

Not to pee in your corn Flakes,but be careful about Vaping.

Lots of the Machines(whatever) out there.
A lot are built cheap and have several big time problems with them...

Also,this mostly seems to be a problem with young adults,people use them for the rush.

People vape that never smoked before.

I've met several "Kids" that Vape with Nicotine and Honey Oil.

I've read Vaping is like main lining Nicotine.
A non smoker that never smoked/isn't used to high doses of nicotine can ,more or less blow up their heart.
Well at least make a 17yr. old heart be like a 30yr. old heart...

They aren't used to high doses of nicotine...

Like anything else,as an X smoker (15yrs.),I think I'm understand why there could be nasty stuff happening at times.

I started smoking very young.But a pack of smokes At First lasted me a week +/-.
When I quit I was smoking 2 packs a day-if I wasn't drinking or whatever.

I think the warnings are because the kids are starting out with the equal amount of nicotine from the start,that I used after 35+ years of smoking.

When I first quit,I used the patch at first,it worked great-for a while.
I didn't like the On and Off switch type thing.
You craved nicotine Instantly as soon as the patch needed to be replaced.

As posted above - after a few months you don't like smoking and the smell sucks too. LOL
Added to the whole process of not wanting to quit.

So I went to the Lozenges (4mg.).
Back then they tasted like I just licked an ash tray.
So I went to the gum - I used 1 piece of gum and 2 pieces of regular gum at the same time-to get the ash tray taste out.

Now,If I get the urge (stressed or whatever) I keep a pack of 2mg. lozenges around.

I was thinking about vaping,but all that does is keep you addicted to nicotine.
I'd rather use lozenges every so often than Vaping.
I only used them after fighting off the Urge for several hours.

Here in CA.
they are trying,and may have added Vape stuff to be taxed the same as smokes are-sin tax.

I don't think it'll be cheaper than smokes for much longer.

Maybe I should have started a New post- How I quit smoking or whatever.
I posted this here because ,as I read it,people are trying to stop smoking Tobacco.

Also I see too many people Vaping not just the Juice with no resistance to Nicotine,using whatever Wally World or whoever has starter kits for Cheap.

Good post!

If nothing else,you guys can tell about What Vape machines etc. suck.
What mods. work...
Exploding Batteries,nasty tasting juice etc.

People vape that never smoked before.

I would never suggest a non smoker starts vaping or using nicotine in anyway.

I've met several "Kids" that Vape with Nicotine and Honey Oil.

Using it for drug use was not even remotely part of the topic although i can see why it might be appealing to some, Anything beats sucking in smoke and the 1000s of additional chemicals and solid particles in smoke.

I've read Vaping is like main lining Nicotine.

Hardly, Nicotine ratings on eliquid are based on MG per Liter. So what people call 6mg is actually much much less than a cigarette My bottle says right on it .6% nicotine not 6%.

Vaping however simulates smoking behavior and is more useful as a "stop smoking" aide than say... gum. Sure you can get high nic liquid and a high watt device that can give you too much. The current trend is moving away from liquids with over 12mg ratings. I know of several places that no longer even offer any liquid over 12mg and some even less.

Just like anything, vaping can be abused. There are high quality products and some pretty poor ones. The ECF forum is a pretty good place to find out what is and what is not.

queequeg152 said:
yea first time ever. i smoke cigars and a pipe very occasionally. never smoked cigarettes though.

i used to smoke a particular pipe tobacco blend (samuel gawith 1792)untill i would hallucinate... but never enough to build any tolerance.

what nicotine solutions do i need.

i never smoked, and ima smoke the shit out of this contraption.

suck on that nancy Regan.

Interesting but you wont create smoke with a vaporizer unless you burn the wicking material.

I never intended to get on you...give you crap.
You took it that way...

My post was intended to say that a lot of young adults are into the rush instead of seeing the possible health risks of high doses of nicotine.
Not being used to it and having health problems.

Several Vape people I know don't use just the nicotine in the whatever.
Actually most of the vape people I know use it to get high at work.

Sorry I gave you the wrong impression.

Smoke

ive never use a tobacco product in my life, but i married a smoker.

she tried the vape for maybe a week or so, then back to her Marlboros, the long ones too.

any tips i could give her to try again? 

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Interesting but you wont create smoke with a vaporizer unless you burn the wicking material.
yea yea yea. by smoking i mean like... lung smoking, like cigaretts.

Ive smoked like 500 cigars in my whole life... and just a few ounces of pipe tobacco, sounds like a lot but ive been at it for years and years... i smoked the pipe alot inbetween classes and while studying, but i average probably 3 cigars a month over the last 10 years.

im not a smoker though. im just a cool guy.

nicotine inside my brain feels good. pursuit of pleasure.

dude this thing is ridiculously harsh.

with the .5 ohm coil, its like breathing in a burning shoe... i have no clue how these people smoke these things so aggressively.

i put in the 1 ohm coil and its still really really harsh. i have to like... bypass 75% of the airflow and titrate in the vapor flow.

ehhhhh..... this thing is pretty cool.

i guess the coils got a little weaker... or maby i had women lungs at first, but the thing seems to be somewhat milder now even with the .5 ohm coil. 

i switched back from the 1ohm because i just cannot get any nicotine high from this thing at all... or at least nothing approaching the high from my briar pipe and just mouth-haling.

still with the 5 ohm i cant get anything out of the 6mg nicotine solution without hitting it real real hard which is terribly harsh.

lol why do they use cotton in these coils?  why not fiberglass?

i had my thing going off in my pocket for like 30 seconds and it roasted the little coil thing.

i used to buy corning glass wool for solvent distillation... why dont they use that shit. good up to like 2,200 degrees and 100% chemically inert.are people afraid of glass fibers or something?

They wont run for 30 seconds. Nearly all mods have a 15sec or shorter cutoff. They do offer non cotton coils for some tanks. Its called silica but if you would have gotten temp control like i mentioned then you will never burn your cotton. You are stuck using that tank and im not aware of anything but cotton coils for that tank. Wet cotton simply wont burn at 420F or even a little higher.

BTW that is what the off setting is for. Turn it off when its in your pocket. They don't turn on unless it clicked 5 times rather quickly. Never had one come on in my pocket since i started.

how ever long it was, it roasted that coil. i got another though at the local place... of which there are a great many.

"silica" is just glass lol... so someone beat me to that idea i guess. id be curious to see what brand glass they are using, the owens corning stuff is greatly regarded.

and yea i turn it off now seeing as how the coils are like 4 bucks a pop.

im still having a hard time getting any nicotine out of these things. i have to smoke half a tank to get any appreciable intoxication.

i got a small bottle of 12mg solution, but its taste is just terrible, it was an inhouse blended thing, i think ill order a fancier name brand solution at some point 18mg seems to be as high as they go though.

when does new vape shit come out?

i think i wanna get a better deal...probably a single battery box mod? the tube shape is real nice, but i cant tell you how many times its tipped over and rolled off my desk and clattered onto the floor.

ive been looking at this kanger top tank kit, but they seem to be sold out in alot of places, making me thing people are liquidating stock for tax reasons, or there is a new one in the pipe line?

seems like alot of new ones get released on or around new years... but idk.

During Chinese New Year the whole country basically shuts down especially on exports. They rush some things just before that time which is more or less NOW.

I dont use tanks that require premade coils so i cant really help you on what to try. There are tons of good box mods with temp control. Im not a fan of Kangers box mods. There are far better options with better chipsets. Wismec (part of Joytech) and YIHI are about the best chipsets from China and DNA has a new entry level DNA75. Lots of companies use these chipsets for their mods. Some of the Chinese companies are even selling USA made DNA chipsets in their Chinese made mods.

the top tank has a rebuildable coil, and some tiny naked coils that come in the kit, but i would probably just use the pre done coils that come with the thing.

regarding box mods... the problem im having is i only like the ascetics of like... 5 of these things, and of the 5, only 1 of them is small and slim, and not that much larger than my cigar tube sized thing.

maby you can help me though... i do like the looks of the wismec D shaped mods, but thats about all i like. problem with the wismec D shaped mods, is they all take the fatty 26-something cells that i hate.

i hear what you are saying about the DNA 75 PCB's( i watched some of those "taste your juice" guys videos) ... problem is... A most of them are like 100+ bucks and i hate how they look.

i just want a simple looking non gaylord thing with a tank thats flush to the rounded face of the mod, and with a button on the side, not the middle.

i dont think i need a multi battery thing... im vaping 18mg nicotine so its not like i need to drag on it all day.

oh snap. that wismec company does have a thinner one that uses 18650 cells.

its called the presa 75tc.

no kit offered though... any idea what tank to get? im pretty happy with the little 2ml tank on my pen thing.

can i get a tank "kit"? like... something with a buncha coils and shit to try out?

Joyetech VT Mini V2 is one of the smallest 18650 box mods around. I had a VT Mini version 1. It lasted me about a year before it croaked.

Mod only but its sold as a kit too
https://vapenw.com/mod-pvs/box-mods/evic-vtwo-mini

Sorry i told you i dont even bother looking at tanks that take premade coils. The RBA decks that come with some of them are just too small. Im waiting on the GeekVape Ammit which is "wrap your own" only.

Back