• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sooooo...Who here vapes?

lol i hear you...

so you think i should just get the vt mini v2 kit, and not fuck with the presa 75wtc + some random tank?

i really like the round shape of the kangertech stuff... but it sounds like you dont like their firmware?

Yes, i liked the VT Mini. I liked it so much i got a dual battery Joyetech Cuboid also. Both use a Wismec chipset that can be updated by USB. Temp control with stainless and NI200 coils has worked very well.

When i used tanks i did like the Kanger Sub Tank Mini. Since you want something smaller the Sub Tank Nano might work. Neither are still made but they evolved into the Kanger Top tank. The Kanger premade coils do vape very well IMO. I like their tanks but there mods are over priced for what you get.

DNA, YIHI and Wismec chipsets are far better in that order. Wismec based mods are by far the best value.

i went a whole day today without the vape pen... no noticable withdrawal symptoms far as i can tell.

how much nicotine is in a pack of cigarettes? ive been smoking this 18mg stuff... about a 2ml tank a day for about 2 weeks now, gone through about 50ml of it.

real smokes must be sky high compared to that?
btw, a day without vaping... this shit STINGS the back of my throat hard all over again.

i ended up getting the evic vtc DUAL... not the mini.

it was only like 10 bucks more, and it came with this fancy tank instead of that cubis one.

i got it last night. pretty nice, but its stupid huge and heavy with the double battery cover...i think ill just run it with the single battery cover thing.

My dual battery Joyetech Cuboid is a pig too but it usually stays at home. I got the new Geekvape Ammit tank and it rocks. It doesnt hold as much liquid as i would like but its super easy to build a coil for it.

I never use anywhere near the 150watts. Kinda wish it was 2 batteries in parallel and just 75watts.

i just realized that the ceramic coil that came with this thing is not supposed to be used in temperature control mode?

that sucks... and i cant figure out what coil i need to buy for TC control on the joytech "Ultimo" tank... their website only lists three coils, the clapton coil, the cermanic one, and the klanthal one?
it came with the ceramic and the clapton, but nothing else.

dont i need a nichrome or titanium one? do i have to buy the rebuildable coil insert, and special coils to do temperature control?

You need this coil for temp control
MG QCS NotchCoil 0.25ohm - Allows You to Replace the Cotton with Ease. NotchCoil offers Great Flavor and Vapor Production for Variable Wattage or SS316 Temperature Control Mode

https://vapenw.com/joyetech-ultimo-mg-coils

$15/5 is why i wrap my own. I can buy a lot of 316 SS wire and Japanese cotton for $15.

ULTIMO_Atomizer_05.png

so wait, that notch coil goes into the quick change atomizer thing?

thats basically the same thing as a rebuildable head then?

shouldn't i just get the rebuildable one then? it looks like its the same thing other than the QCS using premade coils with cotton already in them?

that notched shit looks stupid and contrived to me... how is it any different than a regular coil of wire? i dont get it.

Never used one so your guess is as good as mine. All i know is its made from stainless and supports temp control. It says you can replace the cotton which is a big plus. I reuse mine all the time and just replace the cotton when it gets nasty. Rewicking takes some practice. Cant get it too tight or too loose but its not that hard to learn.

They do offer a RBA deck that supports a similar coil as well as wrapping your own. Never seen it in person and ive never looked up the reviews.

yea ive been reading for a bit about that thing.

i think you can ONLY change the cotton, not the coil like i thought.

i think ill just buy that rba coil head thing and figure out how wind the coils and all that shit.

That is why i got the Geekvape Ammit. The deck for the coils is fairly large. They have a new larger one coming too.

Wrapping a coil from wire is easy. You just need to know some sizes to calculate resistance.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?awg=28&id=2.5

A few cents per coil beats the hell out of a few dollars I use cheap 26 gauge 316 SS wire most of the time. IIRC about 30ft was around $5-$6. All depends on how much room you have and what resistance you want. Some places sell pre wrapped coils at semi good prices. You just need to install them in the deck and wick them.

so i got that rebuildible thing... 5 fucking bucks lol... and brand new premade coil is like 11 bucks?

lol one would think that they would ass rape you for the rebuildible thing... but its cool that they dont.

it even comes with extra o rings and extra set screws...and 2 of those SS notch coils.

the first one i exploded by firing it up without any cotton or liquid... yea i never did watch any videos about this shit, but i got it to work reasonably well.

also got a box of like 10 different types of wire? ill get to that at some point i guess, but this notch coil thing seems to work alright... its just a tighter draw.

oh and temp control is pretty fucking nice. i looked at my last coil, and its CAKED with this black shit that i just cannot clean off. im guessing it was getting too hot?

the cotton on that premade head cleans up well though... it turns white when flushed with water at least, but the coil is super cruddy with this blackened carbon shit.

u guys still around?

i did my first coil this morning for shits... idk how many wraps or what diameter... just fucking around.

it came out at 1.04 ohm which is cool i guess, but in TC mode it seems to run way hotter than the old SS notch coil?

like... it reads 215f, but its running like its at 450f? and it keeps asking me if i switched the coil out?

yea i know i need to watch videos and shit... but yea wtf is the deal, i thought this shit was simpler... i mean i set it to 316L, what else should i be doing to get it to read accurately?

*raises hand*

Smoking is WAY too expensive in Australia.

30 bucks a pack, set to increase 12.5% per year to 2020...

I use a subtank nano day to day and an Avocado 24 / Wismec releaux at home

1.04 ohms is pretty high ohms for a temp control coil build. I normally build around .5-.7ohm which is still a little high.

You really need to watch some videos and go to the ECF forum to get a better understanding of coil building "does and don'ts". There are also plenty of videos about the Joytech TC mods and how to use them. Its a whole lot better than for me to try and type it all out here.

yea i was just fooling around when i was bored... the first one looked pretty good so i just put it in to see whats up.

it actually started working really well randomly after like an hour... idk if it had to build up some corrosion or a film of baked on gunk, but what ever... it seems to work well in TC now.

but yea i need to watch and read shit... its just so boring.

Back