• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

sp33d DIY air prune pot grow glog 2014 (update 9-10-2014)

Ok I'm a newbie around here but figured I would create a glog to contribute...hope you enjoy and I will update it weekly ...hope I'm doing/setting up this glog the right way

Ok this is an all organic outdoor grow..yes I am an all organic gardener and landscaper but I do not preach like some do...grow whatever you want to as long as your growing something is my philosophy..
9- 5 gallon air prune pots, 1- 7-gallon air prune pot and 2- 20sh gallon pots
Pro mix HP with 20 lbs EWC and nutrient kit from buildasoil.com, all mixed and then cooked for a week under a tarp

Feeding will strictly be alternated every week between
Neptunes fish/seaweed emulsion
Tea brewed with EWC compost from my worm factory and bat guano

Watering and tea will be made and done strictly with rain water from my rain barrel

Strains in this glog are
Big daddy hybrid sweet yellow
Cherry pepper
Thai pepper
Mild jalapeño
Green habanero
Bananarama hybrid
Carmen sweet pepper
Chocolate moruga scorpion
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Chocolate Bhut jolokia
Yellow mini bell
Carolina reaper

Drilled 1 1/2" holes in 5 gallon pots for air pruning, lined with garden paper and covered with shelf liner to stop pots from heating up in sun

Pepper food
Worm factory for fresh EWC, bat guano both to make tea and alternate weekly with the Neptune's fish/seaweed emulsion

Rain barrel for water for the tea brewing and fish/seaweed emulsion..will strictly be using the rain water for all feeding and watering

Chocolate bhut jolokia

Mini yellow bell

Carolina reaper

Islander said:
What bulb/ballast combo are you running on your MH?
Its a ballast I got off of HTG supply website, it's a generic or their brand and same with the bulb..I probably should replace the bulb because I have had it running for over a year now...;)

Well here is a small pull I got from the peppers today....waiting on the bhuts to ripen..can't wait ..

Few cucumbers, cherry peppers, mini bells , yellow bell, Carmen sweet and bananarama...

Pickled and canned some peppers with cucumbers and onion all from garden and pepper patch ..

15 cups of chopped cucumbers, onion, carmen sweet pepper, cherry peppers, mini bell peppers, jalapenos...

Pickled with 1 cup salt in cold water for 2 hours
Rinsed
Boiled 4 cups vinegar, 2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon mustard seed, 1 tablespoon celery seed, 1 tablespoon turmeric and a pinch of coriander
Added chopped peppers etc and brought back to boil..
Put in jars and and filled the jars with the liquid leaving 1/2" at top of space

Water bathed for 30 mins...

Let cool and have a perfect seal..

Enjoy
image.jpg

image.jpg

Alright probably the last update for this glog folks....thanks for the members that showed interest..at the most I might post a pic of the final ripened chocolate bhuts and the enormous amount of green habs my hab plant will be ripening with at one time...it has a sheeit ton of pods and the canopy is ridiculous on it..

I just think these glogs are to much work for the little interest it gets....:) I would rather look at everyone else's ..:)

Enjoy...

So the chocolate bhuts are starting to ripen..here are a lot of pod son this bhut plant
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Carmen sweet pepper plants is loading up on huge pods..the first flush was so tasty...
image.jpg

The big daddy sweet is doing well as well, like the Carmen the first flush of big daddy peppers were tasty..I stuffed some and pickled the rest
image.jpg

Finally my green hab in a 20 gallon pot...this plant has a huge canopy and is seriously loaded with pods..my crappy camera does not do it any justice
image.jpg

image.jpg

Pickled peppers are the best when they're from your own garden,,,,,so many combinations of ingredients to choose from.

I know what you mean about the glogs....time is valuable. ...and it is quite a bit of work. A few yrs back there weren't a quarter as many glogs as there are now

If I can't find extra time next yr to make the stage here in the glogs...I may just arrive late to the show with my pop corn as a viewer.
The garden must go on !

Sp33d, if it makes any difference to you, I really enjoy your glog. I don't have much space in the city, so I'm really digging your tiered bucket setup.
Thanks for the work you put in to keep it up.

sp33d said:
Alright probably the last update for this glog folks....thanks for the members that showed interest..at the most I might post a pic of the final ripened chocolate bhuts and the enormous amount of green habs my hab plant will be ripening with at one time...it has a sheeit ton of pods and the canopy is ridiculous on it..

I just think these glogs are to much work for the little interest it gets.... :) I would rather look at everyone else's .. :)

I wouldn't say that it gets little interest. You have over 2300 views for this 7 page glog. I'm thinking it attracts quite a bit of attention.

Jeff H said:
I wouldn't say that it gets little interest. You have over 2300 views for this 7 page glog. I'm thinking it attracts quite a bit of attention.
That's very true...it's really more so the effort of keeping up with it on top of trying to create another quality glog for my indoor DWC, also my mycology hobby is consuming a lot of my time as well....I won't totally abandon it ...;)

sp33d said:
That's very true...it's really more so the effort of keeping up with it on top of trying to create another quality glog for my indoor DWC, also my mycology hobby is consuming a lot of my time as well....I won't totally abandon it ... ;)

Glad to hear you'll be hanging with us Tony. :)  Don't be discouraged by what seems like scant interest right now... it's the harvest season, and most of us are scrambling to process our peppers/veggies with what little free time we have right now. Cheers!

Snapped a few pics this morning.. We have a big storm rolling in and behind it is highs of 65 lows of 48 so I hope my pepper plants survive lol..

I am going to bonchi my green hab plant.. It has a really cool stem with many branches coming off it.. It's stem is nearly round as a quarter and the canopy is 3' wide and has a huge root system from being in a 20 gallon pot.. So it will be awesome for bonchi... Stay tuned for that..
Hope to be able to harvest my chocolate bhuts soon..
Lots of chocolate bhut pods ripening..
DSCN0521.JPG

DSCN0520.JPG

DSCN0524.JPG

DSCN0525.JPG

Excited that my Cayenne is ripening as well.. Their is a sheeit ton of pods on this plant.. Can't wait to make some powder
DSCN0522.JPG

Here's some more pics to add to the above post I just made..wanted to show my green hab that I'm gonna bonchi

Green hab canopy and this plant has a friggin ton of pods..seriously..

Green hab Side shot

Green hab stem..round as a quarter and has some cool branches that will make a great bonchi...

And some close ups of chocolate bhuts pods

dash 2 said:
Hmmm. Something tells me those aren't chocolate bhuts...
I was thinking the same thing but until someone tells me definetly or they ripen to something else my untrained eye doesn't know ...:)
From what I'm reading is that chocolate bhuts don't go from orange to red to brown...so not sure ....need a pro to identify for me..if so then this is the second plant that chileplants.com gave me that was not what I ordered...

Chocolate bhuts ripen from green directly to brown. No intermediate shades of red. Having said that, red bhuts taste awesome and the ones you're growing look really good, in particular.
     If you're jonesin' for a taste of chocolate bhuts, let me know. I'll hook you up.

Ok cool man..so I have red bhuts?

I will for sure love some chocolate bhuts man cause I had a specific plan for these "chocolate" bhuts..damn chileplants.com..twice they screwed me like that..otherwise they have been awesome...2 out of the 10 times I have used them they were wrong..not bad I geuss..sheeit happens...

So yeah dash2 man I would love some chocolate bhuts...:)

Here is the pull from my garden today
Genovesa costaluto mater, pink ponderosa, chocolate cherry mater, cherry mater, pineapple mater, cucumbers, cherry pepper, mini bell peppers, bananarama peppers, green habs, Carmen sweet, green bell and a bunch of basil....

Probably a SFRB or more if possible...no need to burden yourself though man...However, I do really appreciate it though..

dash 2 said:
How many do you need? I'm going to pick as soon as my foliage dries out and the chance of spreading BLS goes down.

Back