• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

sp33d DIY air prune pot grow glog 2014 (update 9-10-2014)

Ok I'm a newbie around here but figured I would create a glog to contribute...hope you enjoy and I will update it weekly ...hope I'm doing/setting up this glog the right way

Ok this is an all organic outdoor grow..yes I am an all organic gardener and landscaper but I do not preach like some do...grow whatever you want to as long as your growing something is my philosophy..
9- 5 gallon air prune pots, 1- 7-gallon air prune pot and 2- 20sh gallon pots
Pro mix HP with 20 lbs EWC and nutrient kit from buildasoil.com, all mixed and then cooked for a week under a tarp

Feeding will strictly be alternated every week between
Neptunes fish/seaweed emulsion
Tea brewed with EWC compost from my worm factory and bat guano

Watering and tea will be made and done strictly with rain water from my rain barrel

Strains in this glog are
Big daddy hybrid sweet yellow
Cherry pepper
Thai pepper
Mild jalapeño
Green habanero
Bananarama hybrid
Carmen sweet pepper
Chocolate moruga scorpion
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Chocolate Bhut jolokia
Yellow mini bell
Carolina reaper

Drilled 1 1/2" holes in 5 gallon pots for air pruning, lined with garden paper and covered with shelf liner to stop pots from heating up in sun

Pepper food
Worm factory for fresh EWC, bat guano both to make tea and alternate weekly with the Neptune's fish/seaweed emulsion

Rain barrel for water for the tea brewing and fish/seaweed emulsion..will strictly be using the rain water for all feeding and watering

Chocolate bhut jolokia

Mini yellow bell

Carolina reaper

everybody raises their children differently, there is no right or wrong (except the legal stuff) 

and yes i agree i cant wait to see those choco bhuts ripen up. cant wait till my red bhuts ripen lol

magicpepper said:

and yes i agree i cant wait to see those choco bhuts ripen up. cant wait till my red bhuts ripen lol
I'm just praying they are true to what they said they are which is chocolate bhuts..no doubt that they are bhuts, it's just what kind they will ripen too lol...

hopefully they do ripen true.   i have some white bhuts i cant wait to grow out. definitely going to grow them next year.

magicpepper said:
hopefully they do ripen true.   i have some white bhuts i cant wait to grow out. definitely going to grow them next year.
Yeah me to I got them from Judy..I also got some purple and peach bhuts I wanna grow out next year, or maybe in my hydro setup that I will be firing up soon..still need to decide on clones or seeds, hmmmmmm

lol i got mine from judy as well. i got the ultimate bhut collection, then ordered orange bhuts. the only one i dont have is purple.  
ive only ever grown the red bhuts my self but im going to grow every type i can get my hands on. i love the flavour of thr red bhuts and i hear that all the other colours are just as good if not better

sp33d said:
 I doubt it man she cause loves her veggies lol...she's almost 2 and hasn't had meat or sugar other then what's naturally in fruit ....people are amazed when we tell them that she is 2 and hasn't been sick, not even a sniffle yet... yeah we are those crazy parents but we don't care because our daughter is beyond healthy.
I hope it stays that way - I was convinced that our son was going to eat healthy forever. He would always choose plain, boiled whole wheat pasta with no sauce, steamed fish and steamed broccoli as his favourite meal ever when he was little. Now, he eats everything he shouldn't, but at least he still eats the healthy stuff too (just as long as he hasn't filled up on junk)!

Bigwelshprop said:
I hope it stays that way - I was convinced that our son was going to eat healthy forever. He would always choose plain, boiled whole wheat pasta with no sauce, steamed fish and steamed broccoli as his favourite meal ever when he was little. Now, he eats everything he shouldn't, but at least he still eats the healthy stuff too (just as long as he hasn't filled up on junk)!
A child will more likely then not eat, enjoy and like what their parents eat and have around the house....if we have junk (which we don't) then she will like junk if we have healthy whole foods then she will like healthy whole foods...that's the way we feel anyway....

Back on topic..

Glad to see you got your grow dialed in Tony... you got some nice looking pods growing. It's a rare toddler that doesn't like cherry tomatoes! :)  Have you ever grown the Japanese variety called Sungold? They're the perkiest, sweetest cherry tomatoes I think I've ever grown, and they'd do very well up your way.

stickman said:
Glad to see you got your grow dialed in Tony... you got some nice looking pods growing. It's a rare toddler that doesn't like cherry tomatoes! :)  Have you ever grown the Japanese variety called Sungold? They're the perkiest, sweetest cherry tomatoes I think I've ever grown, and they'd do very well up your way.

Thanks dude!!!

No man we haven't grown that variety. My wife is usually the one who goes to the local farmers market and gets the heirlooms from the same farmer every year and she also tells me which seeds to start for the tomatoes but I will certainly have her check that one out....

We love the sweet ones and the most sweet one we have growing is the heirloom "pineapple tomato" check it out if you have not before...seriously the juiciest and sweetest mater I have ever had... :dance:

Well they survived the serious rain storm we had....we got 8" of rain yesterday and more today...it's more then we usually get on an average month....there is some serious flooding and people have lost a lot...

Did a pepper check today and they are looking good...

Enjoy the pics

Just a garden shot...tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, herbs, beans and garlic

Pepper patch shot...harvested some cucumbers that are laying between the peppers bottom row and going to pickle and can them with some bananarama hybrid peppers tomorrow after I harvest the peppers

Bananarama hybrid

Big daddy pepper, can't wait to stuff these bad boys...starting to ripen

Cayenne pods all over this plant

Jalapeño pods all over this plant as well

Carmen sweet pepper...also can't wait to stuff these

My first chocolate scorpion pod...

My chocolate bhut is doing awesome...it is loaded with pods
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think I'm gonna clone either my cherry pepper plant or the chocolate bhut or maybe do 3 of each for my DIY DWC hydro setup in my 7x7x7 grow tent....at least I have it narrowed down to 3 choices now lol

Harvested some bananarama hybrid sweet peppers today.. Also harvested some cucumbers from garden..gonna do some pickling tomorrow...
Bananarama sweet, cucumbers and sweet onion pickle recipe from my grandparents.. I will share the recipe and some pictures when I do it...
Boom
DSCN0380.JPG

Took a few pics while I harvested the bananramas...
Enjoy

Chocolate bhut pods.. cant wait for these to ripen
DSCN0382.JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

Jalapeno loaded with pods
DSCN0385.JPG

Cayenne loaded with pods
DSCN0384.JPG

Yellow mini bell loaded with pods
DSCN0383.JPG

Hey man, nice glog!
I've read you had issues with min temps... Here too has been a cold summer till now (but an hot spring).
Good looking pods and i agree that choco bhut is beautiful.;)

Essegi said:
Hey man, nice glog!
I've read you had issues with min temps... Here too has been a cold summer till now (but an hot spring).
Good looking pods and i agree that choco bhut is beautiful. ;)

yeah man it is crazy...our low last night was 51....wtf!!!!! its August ...oh well what can we do...

Ok everyone, so I wont be updating this glog much in the future (yeah I know like you give a f*&*%$)....or I should say as much as I do now because I am going to concentrate on my DWC hydro system that I am building and going to setup in my grow tent..So I will make a glog for that. I was also asked to start a glog documenting my mycology growing...I have been growing mushrooms for 6 years now , so I will start a glog on that when I start my next strain of shrooms, should be within 2 weeks...

So it would be tough for me to keep 3 glogs updated and since I have a run of the mill glog here that doesn't stand out much, I will not update this glog as much and concentrate on making my homemade DWC hydro setup glog really kickass....I will also make the mushroom glog pretty cool as well...I have a really cool setup for my mycology stuff, you will see... :dance:  

So with that said stay tuned for my future hydro and shroom glogs and an occasional update to this boring run of the mill glog.... :high:

Off to do some pickling with my freshly harvested cucumbers and bananrama hybrid sweet peppers... :onfire:

Back