• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sriracha Sauce

The Hot Pepper said:
stop_zpsd318a235.jpg

If you lived in a hipster town you'd understand.

I don't know if you have them in TX TB, but if you do, they're nerdy lookin' dudes in tight jeans and vintage tees, mountain man beards, wearin' spurs, playin' banjos, and ravin' about Shiner Bock, ruinin' Shiner Bock for everyone else! :lol:

For all I know Shiner Bock is already a hipster beer in Austin. It makes sense. They like to claim shit like that and then the regulars can't stand it.

The Hot Pepper said:

I don't know if you have them in TX TB, but if you do, they're nerdy lookin' dudes in tight jeans and vintage tees, mountain man beards, wearin' spurs, playin' banjos, and ravin' about Shiner Bock, ruinin' Shiner Bock for everyone else! :lol:

For all I know Shiner Bock is already a hipster beer in Austin. It makes sense. They like to claim shit like that and then the regulars can't stand it.
Hmmm…. so you've been to Austin recently!  ;)

The Hot Pepper said:

Hipster sighting in Spokane. :sigh:

View attachment 11451

Of course he designs purses. :rofl:

geeme said:
Hmmm…. so you've been to Austin recently!  ;)

Hear me now 'bleed me later.

All the hipster's hangout around 6th street where its cool and hip to be.

Most of 'em are IT computer nerd's and lifetime UT students who've never been laid.

But they are still far outnumbered by the hippy's that live and hangout on S. 1st and SoCo.

I don't mind hangin' with the hippy's down there. 

Especially at Torchy's where hot hippy chicks roll up to get their fried avocado tacos.

Scoville DeVille said:
The real question is...

How the hael does The TB know all of this?

It's easy.

Just take a stroll down S. 1st. headed to Torchy's Taco's and you could be Ray Charles and still tell who's who.

How?

Because of the smell.

All the hipsters are cheapass's that save up their lunch money and schmokin' schwag.

The hippy's are rollin' dank.

texas blues said:

Hear me now 'bleed me later.

All the hipster's hangout around 6th street where its cool and hip to be.

Most of 'em are IT computer nerd's and lifetime UT students who've never been laid.

But they are still far outnumbered by the hippy's that live and hangout on S. 1st and SoCo.

I don't mind hangin' with the hippy's down there. 

Especially at Torchy's where hot hippy chicks roll up to get their fried avocado tacos.
6th street is so 1995, 4th st is where it's at! The Gingerman!!!

On 6th going towards the 35 is Tears of Joy hot sauce shop.

Good little joint that has heaps of choice's including not only all the heavy hitters but off the wall stuff too.

I been there 3 or 4 times now and not once have I seen any hipsters hangin' out there.

Those guys are wimps anyways.

I'm over due to go see my dear sweet ma in Georgetown.

And when I go I absolutely have to hit up Dirty's for a burger as I ain't had one there.

TB is that breakfast joint on the opposite side of 35 still there. They are like the soup Nazi but for breakfast. When you walk in there is a 10 rule list...

I do not recall them but it was funny as hell

Something like..

Do not stare at the busboy
Do not as for us to change or turn down the music
Do not sit at a dirty table

What exactly is that thumb jammed into in the first pic TB?  Looks like yer seriously violating some type of slaw there....

Hipsters in Chicago are drinking PBR or Old Style cause its cheap.  They ride their fixed gear bikes with reckless abandon around the city and smoke pal malls, cause badass I guess.  They talk about having their 'work' published, sleeping with dimes and getting day drunk.  The few I've had in my employ have been jaded cynics that tend to the dramatic and ultimately are short on experience but long on opinion.  You know, adolescent late teen and early twenty-somethings.

A lot like most of us were at some point or another.   ;)

Chris are you talkin' 'bout east of the 35?

Haven't been over that way except to look for Franklin BBQ.

Sucked.

They're closed on Mondays so no bbq for moi.

Smoken that's a silver thumb 'rang with 2 fish engraved on it.

Couple hard core fish bums/guides I knew and fished with in Alaska had 'em.

They could toss a fly into a damp trash can and pull out a 15ib. trout so I had to have some of that good juju for myself.

Not hipster.

Back