• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Steak Marinade?

Hey guys,
I have a nice chunk of eye fillet in my fridge and i don't know what to do with it. I need something that isn't spicy so everyone can enjoy it. Any ideas?

Good filets? Marinade? Noooooooooooooooo. Olive oil, S&P, cook. Good meat speaks for itself.

Well is you must... nothing so acidic it cooks the meat.

I'm with THP.. no marinade needed.. bit of salt and pepper...

if you really want.. fry off a bit of garlic and thyme in some butter and put that on it once its cooked..

My preference for steak is a TOUCH of salt, then some cayenne, garlic, and tarragon. If I'm getting "fancy" that is...

Edit: I use cayenne like other people use pepper. I NEVER use pepper in the piperacae family.

Well I don't know about that specific cut of meat but I like to marinade with Italian dressing. I like doing it with chicken as well.

The boss prefers dry rubs. We always kick it up a tad with some super hot flakes. You can adjust for your own personal needs. Tomorrow looks like thick cuts of sirloin cook on the grill and smothered with "Count Douglah"…for me and my son of course!! Now for the wife and daughter a more traditional seasoning is required such as "McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning" comes to mind.

Back