• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

I was going to make you some with the pods you will be giving me. I think you’ll really like it as our #1 & I loved the scotch bonnet flavor in a dip. As you know my plants are just starting their next round of pod production, I probably won’t have enough to make dips & sauces for a few weeks. At least the mites are dead, long live the dead mite situation ... thank the pepper Jah and a little elbo greese :D

lol, I can mix you a batch of mine but I’d rather help you start your own batch, it’s easy. I’ll be beach side next to the Clipper this coming Saturday for beach soccer, why don’t you meet me down there with a few plastic bags and I’ll help you get started and show you why it’s so good, dat seaweed is filled with life!!! PS don’t forget to wear a bathing suit, you’ll get wet … heck why not bring the wife. Hillary, and Charles. My wife and our #2 will be there with me, #1 might but I doubt it, he's become a home body since swim racing is over …

BTW love dat stinger look :)

I think I will take you up on that offer. I love Fort Lauderdale beach. We'll talk more tomarrow.

Cool pod shot. Do you get many pods off the TFM's ? Mine are all low growing and pod up better towards the end of the season.

Thanks Greg,

3 of the 5 TFM plants have been late to mature and are not that productive, however, I have one superstar TFM plant(where all of my pod pics come from), that has has been producing pods likea beast since May 2012. Its the one on the right
007_zps11e6b205.jpg

Three packages arrived today!The good people of THP are too generous!!!

First up King Denniz!

I received a plant in a salt shaker! Genius!
Scotch bonnet seeds (Foodarama, Montego Bay, TFM, and one labeled simply "Jamaican Bonnets" !!!!

Thnks Denniz!!! MoA seeds Cali bound! BTW what kind of plant is it?

014_zps89d3138c.jpg

Next up Jamison!
You're too good to me bud!

I recieved smoked Butch T pods! Pecan smoked scotch bonnet powder!
seeds:
7 Pot Primo
Maui Purple
Monster Infinity
Bhut Brown
White 7 Pot
7 Pot Orange
Scotch bonnt Orange
Jamaican Red
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Fatalii

Thanks Jamison!

Last but not least Dan G.!
sent SASBE for TFM
and a 2 dollar bill for good luck! Thanks Dan!

Three packages arrived today!The good people of THP are too generous!!!

First up King Denniz!

I received a plant in a salt shaker! Genius!
Scotch bonnet seeds (Foodarama, Montego Bay, TFM, and one labeled simply "Jamaican Bonnets" !!!!

Thnks Denniz!!! MoA seeds Cali bound! BTW what kind of plant is it?

014_zps89d3138c.jpg

Woohoo. Well wasnt sure if there would even be mail today. That my friend is an FDA scotch Bonnet. It is a clone. Why just seeds right. ?! Those sB seeds are from Greg (a scotch bonnet master). I have those plants already growing and I'm confident in. My grow to share seeds. I have learned in THP to share not because you expect something back in return. Rather to share the heat and knowledge. Happy growing and hope the seedling recovers. I should've put it in a bigger shaker.

Gentlemen, I apologize for snapping pics with addies. Over excitement! Noob mistake.

Denniz, the clone has a very strong root ball(unlike I've ever seen)!Top leaves a bit waterIogged from the journey. Trimmed it down for faster recovery!

It was very kind of you to send. I will keep you updated on the growth.

Met up with Ramon this afternoon! Yesterday we had a meeting at "the spot" to exchanged some pods, plantains and some chicken schmit!

Oh, and a bottle of WalkGood's Seaweed tea!
004_zps9278dca5.jpg

This is what I teaf him today!

WalkGood's TFM picante dip! Will review later...
003_zpsb949a9f1.jpg

hehehe you teif mi back mon, so did you dig in yet?

It's half way gone! I'm trying to hold myself back!

Light/creamy with a hint of onion. Very refreshing! 2 out 5 heat....mild scotch bonnet flavor. Caribbean hummus!
Now only if I could teif dat recipe!!

Outstanding dip Ramon!

Steve, Lucky you !
That dip looks amazing...and the tea looks like the real deal. Don't tell Ramon but I think his looked like Rum......... :lol: .........just kiddin WG.

Hands down best dip I've ever had! You are correct Greg, Seaweed tea is acually slang for rum! j/k

You boys have too much fun down there! I need to move to Florida!

Come on down bwhy! We be always have a "rum" time in SoFla!

It's half way gone! I'm trying to hold myself back!

Light/creamy with a hint of onion. Very refreshing! 2 out 5 heat....mild scotch bonnet flavor. Caribbean hummus!
Now only if I could teif dat recipe!!

Outstanding dip Ramon!

I’m happy your better half enjoyed, many things take our time and attention in our lives, but Family is key so if mama is happy da birds be singing ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

So keep mama happy mon ;)

Edit: I can get over how orange you made my tea look ... check your cam manual for white balance and that should help correct all your pics ... it looks seriously brown when I shoot it.

I know. I'm horrible with the camera!

2 weeks ago during the "broad mite plague"(claimed 80% of crop) I pruned this MoA SB.

Here is last weeks progress
006_zps0a695363.jpg

Same plant today showing progress.
002_zpsdf7f75d6.jpg

Its funny how fast them things grow once established eh? That new growth still looks a bit twisted. Any signs of mites still?

Yes. Broad mites are still around. Not nearly as bad, still here none the less.

Either keep hitting them with the h2o2 or just buc up and get the bonide!

Got those TFM seeds today. Man the postman charged you an arm and a leg. Must be the old non-machineable, too stiff excuse. Thanks a lot for sending them though. Can't wait to get them sowed.

Sorry about your critter problem. Hope your plants make a full recovery.

Your TFM pods look amazing! That's what a SB should look like! Good luck! DEATH TO ALL BROADMITES!!!!!

Back