• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

stickman said:
...And after baking. Dang! This is good! The onions are silky and caramelized, and flavored with garlic, rosemary, coarse salt and a sprinkling of Gochu flakes.
attachicon.gif
0220172052a.jpg
Looks delicious!

tctenten said:
Nice looking pizza Rick. You can put me down for a couple of slices.

Looking more closely, I see you're right Terry. If I was trying for a focaccia I should have let it rise more before adding the toppings and baking it. Still, the results were incredible! I'll definitely be making this again. :drooling:

Essegi said:
Looks delicious!

Thanks Giancarlo. I think this would have hit the spot you have for onion bread for sure. :)

Everything looks great in the horticulture and gastronomical
departments at Chez Rickster, my friend   :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about replacing your AeroGarden bulbs, Rick.
I bought an extra set with mine when I bought it, and haven't
had to change them yet.  If one grew out the plants in the
AeroGarden year-round, that might be an issue.  

PaulG said:
Everything looks great in the horticulture and gastronomical
departments at Chez Rickster, my friend   :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about replacing your AeroGarden bulbs, Rick.
I bought an extra set with mine when I bought it, and haven't
had to change them yet.  If one grew out the plants in the
AeroGarden year-round, that might be an issue.  

That's about what I thought Paul, but thanks for confirming it from your experience. Cheers!

tsurrie said:
Nice looking pie Rick. I bet it was delicious.... rosemary, onion, garlic and peppers .... I can smell it. Yup, it's going to be that time soon .... to make some mouth burning pizza.

Thanks Uros! Be sure to take pics. :drooling:

Devv said:
I've always been a sauce and cheese guy, but that recipe sounds killer!

Thanks for sharing ;)

For you Scott... how 'bout another pie with the Ajvar and the caramelized onions, garlic, mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, kalamata olives, capicola, grated parmagiana and fresh mozzarella. I made another pie with the rest of the dough I made last night.
0221171930a.jpg

stickman said:

Sure... nothing to it Rael... just roast and peel any sweet, thick-fleshed ripe pepper and process to a chunky relish consistency in a food processor, then add salt and a splash of lemon juice or vinegar and reduce to a spreadable paste on the stovetop. Different recipes add other ingredients as you can see from this thread.   My own taste runs to adding garlic and roasted eggplant pulp, and I always roast the vegetables on my charcoal grill to give them a smoky flavor.   Cheers!   http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36298-ajvar/

Beautiful! Got a couple of days off - this, I shall be doing!

Cheers :cheers:

RaelThomas said:

Beautiful! Got a couple of days off - this, I shall be doing!

Cheers :cheers:

Cool! I nearly forgot... when roasting the peppers, I leave the stem and seeds in until after I peel the peppers, but remove them before processing in the kitchen appliance. I use Kurtovska Kapija peppers to make my ajvar because they're so big and meaty in size, and sweet in flavor. You could use Pimientos or Bell peppers too... just make sure they're completely ripe to get the best flavor. Cheers!

I came home for lunch and found an early birthday card from brother Fabrizzio in the mail. Molte grazie Fabrizzio, Io li mettere a buon uso. :cheers:
card.jpg

Devv said:
Well the next time we make pizza we're going to try a "loaded pie"!

Looks great!

The pie last night was pretty good, but I found out that sun-dried tomatoes or a thin layer of thick sauce are better on pizza than thin slices of fresh tomatoes... It was OK when hot from the oven, but the water in the tomatoes made the crust soggy by lunchtime today, even when I removed the jelly and seeds before baking. Oh well, live and learn...

Round-2 seedlings are all potted up now! Left seedling is Scotch Brain, right is Alphanerdz Douglah
0222172018.jpg

The two MoA Bonnets
bonnets.jpg

The two Papa Dreadie Bonnets
P. Dreadie.jpg

Still waiting on the Naga King and C. Galapagoense in round 3, but I see radicles on the Galapagoense.

Looks like spring is trying to push its way in... we're having an intense thundershower this morning at 6:20!

Things are a bit cool in the grow-box down cellar but the round-one plants there look happy, and they're slowing down to let the others catch up.
0220170633.jpg
SANY1993.JPG
SANY1994.JPG
SANY1995.JPG
SANY1996.JPG

Some of the round-three seedlings are starting to put out their first true leaves.
SANY1997.JPG
SANY1998.JPG

TGIF all... Have a great weekend!

randyp said:
    The babies look great Rick.I am glad I got in yard work Wednesday, a snowstorm is just north of me this morning.I will get some.but on this side of January, it won't last long. :dance:

Thanks Randy! Think positive... a little more than three weeks 'til the equinox, and then things will warm up even more quickly! :thumbsup:

Hey Rick, i hear ya on the cold indoor placement.

I'm growing in my basement and it gets pretty cold at night but i've tought the same, a slower growth lets me more time to complete germination and doing a decent selection without being overcrowded :)

Plants look good anyway, nice to finally see the Forbing Naga seedling i'm 6/6 with mines :)

Have a super nice weekend, more pizza maybe?? I will :D

Fab

Back