• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Straight out of the can/bottle

WarrantMan said:

Wow! You added such a "gourmet" spin on it, it almost makes me feel ashamed at the thread title. 

I should change it to " Gourmet eats - prize picking pantry delights for awesome meals." Or maybe "Tasty delights on limited time."  Or maybe "open the cupboard and see what is not too outdated" :cheers:

Fify. ;)

SL,

They have a great stainless steel "kids cook set" that rivals any backpacking or prepper products for a fraction of $. I've got a set in my bug-out bag. Can't beat the price...  This ad says a little different, but they are stainless steel as far as I can tell... They function as such...

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00130167/#

I think I actually got a 9 piece set now that I think about it......

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
" next time on; 

Gourmet Artisanal Eats 
            or 
Quick and Easy Treats "
I never did like the word 'artisanal', don't know why... but after whoever posted that breakdown of the word like 'assume = ass-u-me'....Really don't like the word.

Imagine a TV good show titled "Artisanal Eats"....

The Hot Pepper said:
Leave it to SL to fully derail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
BGLn1S3.jpg

salsalady said:
Imagine a TV good show titled "Artisanal Eats"....
Oh, wow! Imagine that title with one well placed apostrophe....

The Hot Pepper said:
You really want that 2018 award! :lol:

OK...I'm gonna quit while I am so far behind noone else is even in the hemisphere for whatever that award is that I probably don't want.....

SL,

Haha No assembly required, really as top notch as any camping gear (except the handles don't fold) I've tested them, they are top-notch.

Semi back on topic. Something I ate as a kid, it was a staple product in those days. My dad would scramble it with eggs and we thought it was great. Don't think I've had it since I was twelve, and barring some extreme starvation scenario, don't think I would ever attempt it again... I eat some odd stuff by some standards, but have a hard time trying to remember why I thought it was so good. A mental block now I reckon... Still on the shelves in many parts of America. No, I never had it "straight out of the can" but thought it might add to the delight of this thread anyway....

That is just...Just....

Just.......

SO not right!!!!

Seriously, that serving suggestion? Who garnishes eggs and brains with parsley and not an orange slice!?!?!??

OK..Who is gonna post Spam?

Back