• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Super Hot Overwinter

Get the Victor M240 Electronic Rat Trap, I used it outside in the garden and in my garage last summer and killed both mice and rats. Nothing gets by it.

Wow. Great over wintered plants! Very impressive new growth! As for the mice, have you thought about borrowing a neighbor's cat for a few days or a week?

Wow. Great over wintered plants! Very impressive new growth! As for the mice, have you thought about borrowing a neighbor's cat for a few days or a week?

Best mouse traps ever! Only problem is my cats eat my pepper plants! They have stripped the leaves off a couple ornamentals of mine...

http://www.ehow.com/info_8536188_spices-mice-hate.html

Spice rack mouse deterrents...first one listed is cayenne. I would mix some with water in a sprayer for foliage and also dust the soil heavily daily...also listed is garlic and cinnamon I would use all three to dust the entire window sill! I use pretty much the same concoction for my dogs substituting the garlic for sage for them. Good luck!

Shane,
Thanks for the other options. I sprinked some scorp powder around the pots so I hope that should help as it is much stronger than cayenne. If I notice anything else eaten I will try spraying the leaves so if they eat it their mouths will be on fire and cause them to never do so again.

Thanks paul. They were doing well except for the mice recently. I know a few people with cats but the problem is I have a dog and she hates cats. A lot of things would probably get broken with her chasing a cat around which would also preoccupy the cat from trying to catch mice.

Hey we had a rodent problem a while back but now we have an exteminator we have no more problems :)
garden12oct2011027.jpg

Hey we had a rodent problem a while back but now we have an exteminator we have no more problems :)
garden12oct2011027.jpg
Definitely looks like a mouser! I lived in a wood frame barrack building one summer, conplete with mice. We borrowed a cat and in a few days the mice were gone! I suppose they probably came back later.

Well I haven't noticed any new evidence of damage from mice since the application of the powder. But it has left two plants quite trimmed. Some had full branches with no leaves so I just cut them off. The thing is there are a few branches that just have one or few leaves left on the end. My question is should I just cut them off also or just leave them?

peppers001.jpg

peppers002.jpg

I also forgot, got another one of them bastards this morning!

IMG_0168.jpg

Nice catch brother!!! Glad it seems that the powder is working too...I think I lost 4 plants to heat today. Got up to 80 here and I was out of town. I had my son open it, but not enough. They were starved for water and fried I think. I watered the hell out of them and maybe they'll come back. None were supers...couple Jalapenos and maybe a cayenne. I'll check the tags tomorrow. Anyway, I got plenty of extras of those, and some overwinters that are doing really well too. I was going to have my son sell the extra plants in a month or so at a lemonade type stand down the block. Guess he'll be making a few less $$$.

I would leave the branches alone. They should bud out again. Hard to tell by the angle, but those branches look like they're down low. So, if you lose them you lose them. Don't think its really that much of a setback for you this time of year where you live. You got tons of time before plant out, and they should come back just fine.

Thanks for your input Shane. I had also figured that I should just leave it but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. As for your plants I think you might be alright as long as they didn't get crispy. I had a few that got pretty wilted myself and once I watered they perked back up. I planted three seeds each of the seeds you gave me and so far I have two of the cobras showing hooks.

Back