• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Superhot Concentrate

I had to figure a way to preserve my superhot harvest over the past two weeks and I decided to simply add a little vinegar and salt to the blended peppers and pressure can them...

I ended up with 14 8 ounce jars of concentrate. The fresh taste of the pods remains and I can use this various ways including making hot sauce with them...

A pic of the jars...2 Dorset Naga, 2 Trinidad Scorpion, 3 Yellow Trinidad Scorpion, and 7 7 Pots...

This will get me thru the winter I am sure...thank you Billyboy for the recipe...

100 grams pepper
60ml vinegar
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp sugar

110108c001.jpg

tip...I got a little case of hunan hand yesterday from stirring the sauce while it was boiling...didn't realize the vapors coming off the sauce would burn you....I am such a dummy...

AlabamaJack said:
tip...I got a little case of hunan hand yesterday from stirring the sauce while it was boiling...didn't realize the vapors coming off the sauce would burn you....I am such a dummy...

Well, I know it burns my eyes/throat and nose when I'm cooking it. Hell, when I made that chili, the knife and cutting board I used on your peppers went into the dishwasher afterwards and I swear there was vapor coming out of there when it was running! Seems like as soon as hot water hits anything with pepper residue that happens.

agree with the hot water on the superhot residue JayT...

just finished making five 8 ounce jars Chocolate Habanero concentrate...got this stuff is good in a bloody mary...

110608a001.jpg

cool, I just figured I have made 2 1/4 gallons of superhot concentrate since last saturday...

AlabamaJack said:
I had to figure a way to preserve my superhot harvest over the past two weeks and I decided to simply add a little vinegar and salt to the blended peppers and pressure can them...

I ended up with 14 8 ounce jars of concentrate. The fresh taste of the pods remains and I can use this various ways including making hot sauce with them...

A pic of the jars...2 Dorset Naga, 2 Trinidad Scorpion, 3 Yellow Trinidad Scorpion, and 7 7 Pots...

This will get me thru the winter I am sure...thank you Billyboy for the recipe...

100 grams pepper
60ml vinegar
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp sugar

110108c001.jpg

AJ,

Those jars look like pints to me. Your fatali concentrate looks like 8 oz. jars.

Mike

AlabamaJack said:
agree with the hot water on the superhot residue JayT...

just finished making five 8 ounce jars Chocolate Habanero concentrate...got this stuff is good in a bloody mary...

110608a001.jpg

cool, I just figured I have made 2 1/4 gallons of superhot concentrate since last saturday...

That's a whole lotta hot there AJ. I did that with my orange habs and fataliis I swear it makes them hotter. I didn't pressure can them, just boiled them and put them in canning jars while hot. That sealed them good. I know what I'll be doing with a lot of my peppers next year now! Question, what do you plan to do with all this stuff. I mean there is no way you're going to eat all those powders and sauces and concentrates by the time you are ready to do all this again next year. You should sell them on ebay or something! Look how much money Mark was making with that Naga paste when he first started making it!

wordwiz said:
AJ,

Those jars look like pints to me. Your fatali concentrate looks like 8 oz. jars.

Mike

Mike: all the jars are 8 oz jars...the tall ones are standard 8 oz jelly jars and the shorter ones are wide mouth 8 oz jars...

JayT said:
Question, what do you plan to do with all this stuff. I mean there is no way you're going to eat all those powders and sauces and concentrates by the time you are ready to do all this again next year. You should sell them on ebay or something! Look how much money Mark was making with that Naga paste when he first started making it!

I will be making some hot sauces over the winter and will use this concentrate for heat...that is the plan right now...

As far as selling goes...I may try selling some at the local farmers markets or to a chef I know that cooks hot...I don't want to get into the ebay thing....

AJ thanks for posting this. I just got done.

Tonight i prepared some orange habanero pepper concentrate. I used 1000grams of peppers, 600ml apple cider vinegar, 10 dashes of kosher salt, 10 Tablespoons of white sugar. First i heated the peppers to a boil. Next i pureed them and brought them back to a boil for 20min. While i did that i sterilized all the jars and heated the lids. I filled 7 exactly with this chile mash and capped them. 15 minutes in the pressure cooker while at full pressure and allowed to cool at room temp.

I used the same pressure canning method last night to bottle the last of my 4th batch of hot sauce.

Here's some chile zen for you.

The pepper puree
IMG_0507.jpg

The jars sterilizing
IMG_0508.jpg

The finished product
IMG_0509.jpg

good job fine...I love the color of the orange habs...I can't take credit for the recipe, billyboy sent it to me...you are lucky you can cook in the house, I am banished to my storage building for cooking

AlabamaJack said:
good job fine...I love the color of the orange habs...I can't take credit for the recipe, billyboy sent it to me...you are lucky you can cook in the house, I am banished to my storage building for cooking

Looks like you did fine job on that sauce..A.J can we have a look inside your storage Building..A Bit like A look inside A.J Heat Crib..Please Please :)

*stares at all the pretty colors*

Dang, now I wanna make something..but my fridge is about to explode already..heheh. I need to get a canner huh.

Awesome stuff guys.

I'm at it again. :lol: Tonight it's the last of my Scotch Bonnets. They were getting soft and if i don't cook em up now i won't get to enjoy them. There were 2 fataliis in the container i must have missed. So they went in as well, which i dare say will not hurt the flavor at all.

Tonight i swapped out the cider vinegar in favor of rice wine vinegar, and my kosher salt for pink seasalt. I should have a gorgeous yellow mash when i'm all done.

Tomorrow i have the night off so i'll be making a mega batch using my 2lbs of giant red habs and also the fataliis from Cross County Farms and Cheesequake Farms.

Needless to say, thanks to AJ and Billyboy, i will be set for chile base for quite some time.

Back