• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Superhot Concentrate

I had to figure a way to preserve my superhot harvest over the past two weeks and I decided to simply add a little vinegar and salt to the blended peppers and pressure can them...

I ended up with 14 8 ounce jars of concentrate. The fresh taste of the pods remains and I can use this various ways including making hot sauce with them...

A pic of the jars...2 Dorset Naga, 2 Trinidad Scorpion, 3 Yellow Trinidad Scorpion, and 7 7 Pots...

This will get me thru the winter I am sure...thank you Billyboy for the recipe...

100 grams pepper
60ml vinegar
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp sugar

110108c001.jpg

So...what does it mean if one of your mason jars upon pressure canning is oozing out pepper juice? Should i just dump and redo this one? I just did 5 jars and only one had issues. This batch didn't turn out as good as yesterday. It also appeared the jars were boiling inside. They did all get a good vacuum seal. I heard them pop.

Should i let them be?

Man this was the perfect thread.I`ve got about 250 orange habs i`ve been trying to decide what to do with.Pretty much running out of ideas.By the way all of your concentrates looks great.

hixs said:
Man this was the perfect thread.I`ve got about 250 orange habs i`ve been trying to decide what to do with.Pretty much running out of ideas.By the way all of your concentrates looks great.
making 2 more batches tonight. :hell: I can't imagine AJ's done yet though.

AlabamaJack said:
I am taking a break from canning...pretty busy at work and I am really tired right now...

I have enough peppers for probably another 20-30 half pints...
Man, AJ, you have an awesome collection of sauce for winter! Congrats again on the fine harvests.

Hey, I must have missed the thread.....when did you become a MOD?

CONGRATS! You're a fine choice.

Pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeee don't throw me in that hot pepper patch!

hehe

NatGreenMeds said:
Man, AJ, you have an awesome collection of sauce for winter! Congrats again on the fine harvests.

Hey, I must have missed the thread.....when did you become a MOD?

CONGRATS! You're a fine choice.

Pleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeeeee don't throw me in that hot pepper patch!

hehe

This doesn't mean I can't come sleep among your peppers next year does it? You know fraternizing with the underlings and all?:lol:

JayT said:
oops sorry. I was reading your comment and thinking/typing at the same time. Where did AJ go anyway?
Hey, that's cool man, you can come sleep in my peppers as long as you pet the rattlesnakes. They get grumpy if they don't get attention.

All kidding aside, that's why I'm building a wire cage to grow mine in this coming year. The rattlers here are no joke. You grow short leafy plants and you get rattlers under them. Cotton mouths too. Damn snakes are everywhere here.

I'll make sure there's enough room for your sleeping bag though....hehe

NatGreenMeds said:
Hey, that's cool man, you can come sleep in my peppers as long as you pet the rattlesnakes. They get grumpy if they don't get attention.

All kidding aside, that's why I'm building a wire cage to grow mine in this coming year. The rattlers here are no joke. You grow short leafy plants and you get rattlers under them. Cotton mouths too. Damn snakes are everywhere here.

I'll make sure there's enough room for your sleeping bag though....hehe

heh heh heh i learned the hard way....if you don't like the critters, dont move near the swamp or woods.....way too many 'interesting' moments out at my buddy's farm way out east of here

NatGreenMeds said:

I'll make sure there's enough room for your sleeping bag
though....hehe

Not a big fan of snakes. Think I will pass.

JayT said:
Not a big fan of snakes. Think I will pass.
You have to try rattler BBQ sometime. It's really good. Only good use I know of for a damn snake unless you make something with the skins. I always thought that looked as tacky as a $2 whore.

I've actually had rattlesnake before. Don't mind eating them, just don't want to sleep with them. Uh oh, I think we have hijacked a mod's thread now. :lol: Sorry AJ.

I keep coming back to this thread, can't get enough of looking at all the pepper filled jars. You folks around here are incredible at doing this pepper thing. I've gotten a lot of ideas and joy from this site. Thanks to all.

Back