• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweet Banana Peppers

do sweet banana peppers have any heat or are they like bell peppers, none :P?
wondering because i bought one plant like that :onfire:

The sweet bananas are only sweet not hot, but you can get hot banana or hungarian wax types which are similar but with heat

POTAWIE said:
The sweet bananas are only sweet not hot, but you can get hot banana or hungarian wax types which are similar but with heat

I find that the Hot Hungarian is excellent in salads and great stuffed.

I'm not growing hot banana's at the moment, but I actually love the taste of them pickled. I love peperocinis for flavor as well. Of course I mix something with more heat with it, but the flavor of them sliced and pickled on a sandwich or pizza is pretty hard to beat.

hiya rabbit keep herein about peperocinis gonna have to grow them next season..is there a particular variety you've grown?:)

talas said:
hiya rabbit keep herein about peperocinis gonna have to grow them next season..is there a particular variety you've grown?:)

I've never grown them yet. When I get more room in the future I'll grow quite a few more things. I just buy them pickled in the grocery store for now.;):)

we good do with better selections in the u.k usally just jalas/manzanos and unnamed chili jars :(

Just tried a Hot banana and was loving the lovely fruit taste but no heat..then wam a short really tight burst of heat.. a nice pepper by far :)

Back