• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TabascoKilla's 2012 GLOG... LET THE PODS BEGIN!

Well I've just started growing Tabasco Peppers which is almost my entire Garden as of now but soon I'm hoping my garden will be much bigger. I went out and bought some seeds today to plant and add to my garden. The seeds consist of:

1.) California Wonder Bell Peppers
2.) Pasilla Bajo
3.) Long Thin Cayennes
4.) Serrano Chili
5.) Tam Jalapenos
6.)Anaheim Chili

New additions!

1.) 7 Tabasco Peppers
2.) 1 Golden Cayenne
3.) 1 Cajun Belle
4.) 1 Chilli Reds
5.) 1 "Worlds Hottest Habanero"
6.) 1 Thai Hot peppers

Seeds Started:

1.) Tam Jalapenos 7/12
2.) Serrano Chilis 7/9
3.) Tabascos 0/9 :mope:

Seeds for Next Year:

1.) Easter Egg plant (Slade Russel)
2.) Unknown Bhut (Slade Russel)
3.) Tequila sun rise (SR)
4.) Purple Flash (SR)
5.) 7 pod Jonah (Jedish)
6.) Mystery Pepper op (Romy6)
7.) Aji lemon op (Romy6)
8.) Yellow 7 pod op (Romy6)
9.) Red Brain Strain op (Romy6) (Jedish)
10.) Red 7 pod op (Romy6)
11.) Choc Bhut op (Romy6)
12.) Yellow Scorp op (Romy6)
More to come But im tired of typing and i cant find the names to some of the people who sent me these seeds darn it haha

Looking great, man.

Did you ever find out of those were cayennes?

I still have yet to find out if there cayennes. But i think they might just be a hybrid of cayennes either way there good producers haha but for some reason the four i have on the plant have been green for about to weeks now and dont show any signs of turning red or darker green or even brown? Idk ill just wait and see.

Lucas

Lookin good little bro. Can't wait to get up there man. Hopefully I can successfully get some of my peppers out of the ground to bring with me.
I also think its is a Habanero... When I get up there we need to Pot it up so it can get huge. Keep up the great work.

I hope you can get some of those up here too! And if were gunna pot it up were gunna need to go to Home depot haha im out of poting soil /: But every day that supposed "worlds hottest hab" Gets longer and its already the size of your habs you brought up and i think its still going soo hopefully its something crazy! haha but well see after our vacation (:

Today I got my package from @Romy6 it was loaded! Thanks soo Much Again Jamie and Ill keep you updated on the seedlings! Heres the pic!

2012-07-23133143.jpg

^ at the top mystery pepper, the big one is a choc bhut, 2 brown ones choc bhuts, 2 yellow pods aji lemons, 3 pods in the middle bhut hybrids, top right is two bhut hybrids a yellow scorp a yellow 7 pod that got smooshed and a red brain strain that was smooshed but the yellow 7 pod was great when i cooled it into some hot dogs and im plaining to make some hamburgers with the other half (:

Hope you enjoyed!
Lucas

I like cooking them with some rice or veggies on the grill with some garlic,olive oil and spices. Goes great with taters too. Also great with noodles too!

"Any Suggestions on what i should have it on?"
The Brain is a great snacking pepper...just eat it! :liar:

Actually the Aji's are a nice snacker. I just throw them on the plate and snack on them with a meal. I would use the mystery's the same way or in a fresh salsa. The Bhuts/hybrids would be nice diced up on some pizza. That Brain will be a swift kick to the junk no matter how you use it!

"Any Suggestions on what i should have it on?"
The Brain is a great snacking pepper...just eat it! :liar:

Actually the Aji's are a nice snacker. I just throw them on the plate and snack on them with a meal. I would use the mystery's the same way or in a fresh salsa. The Bhuts/hybrids would be nice diced up on some pizza. That Brain will be a swift kick to the junk no matter how you use it!

I snacked on the aji lemons today with my burrito and i had a choc bhut just to taste and they were very good! The aji lemon was a good heat and a good taste. A :hot: Taste :rofl: and that choc bhut Woooaaahhhhza! :onfire: It had a heck of a kick to it. To be honest im afraid to mess with the brain :rofl: when i cut into it the seeds looked like they were burning up just being in there haha so ill save tht for later :party:

Lucas, if you can munch a bhut, you can handle a sliver of the brain. I had some brains and morugas a couple of weeks ago. I cut off about 1/32'd of the pepper and ate it. Just that little bit lit me up pretty good. Before doing that, however, I tasted the fork that I used to hold the pepper down while cutting it. That prepared me and dictated the size of sliver I would try.

Lucas, if you can munch a bhut, you can handle a sliver of the brain. I had some brains and morugas a couple of weeks ago. I cut off about 1/32'd of the pepper and ate it. Just that little bit lit me up pretty good. Before doing that, however, I tasted the fork that I used to hold the pepper down while cutting it. That prepared me and dictated the size of sliver I would try.

Well ill work up the courage to do it some time :rofl: Hopefully when my brother ( TheAmatureGreenThumb ) Moves up here he will help me make some pod review videos of romy6s pods.And ill hopefully have the courage by then :liar:

Have fun with Jamie's pods! He is definitely the ambassador of poddage!
The yellow 7 was one of my favorites, as well. Going to grow some next year!

Flame on :fireball: !

Have fun with Jamie's pods! He is definitely the ambassador of poddage!
The yellow 7 was one of my favorites, as well. Going to grow some next year!

Flame on :fireball: !

Im having to much fun with these PODS :dance: And i agree on that!
Id have to say out of all of them that Ive eaten so far the Yellow 7 is my favorite. Im deff going to attempt to grow some yellow 7s Next year!

Plants look great the habanero can be a habanero just different variety from the traditional habs the only way to really know until it ripens and try it. There are so many hab crosses with different characteristics from texture, flavor, and heat. Great looking pods can not wait to see those tabasco plants to create a jungle for you.

Hey, Killa! Didn't know that Amateur Green Thumb is your brother!
Way to keep it in the family! As for the bugs, my nuclear weapon of
choice is Neem Oil. It's from the Neem Tree, and grows in India. It's
used widely for a host of applications, but my interest in it is as an
sucking/chewing insect control. It doesn't kill them outright, but
interferes with their hormonal system so they just stop eating. Therefore,
it's not a quick fix; takes a little time to work. Spray thoroughly every seven
days for a few weeks, and then less often after that. Spray when bees
aren't working, and you protect them from the Neem. It will kill them if
they get sprayed since it is an oil product. There's lots of info online,
just be careful of the hype. The mystery 'habanero' could be a hab,
just a different variety - I have Pointed Yellow Habanero (from Spankycolts)
that has small 1-2" pods that are smooth and pointy, and pack a pretty
good punch; the shape is changing a bit as the season progresses.
I'd say those mystery habs look fun!

Plants look great the habanero can be a habanero just different variety from the traditional habs the only way to really know until it ripens and try it. There are so many hab crosses with different characteristics from texture, flavor, and heat. Great looking pods can not wait to see those tabasco plants to create a jungle for you.

I thought tht but i feel like the odds are against that. The pods are very light green and when they ripen there very red. Idk maybe i just want them to be something better :party:

Hey, Killa! Didn't know that Amateur Green Thumb is your brother!
Way to keep it in the family! As for the bugs, my nuclear weapon of
choice is Neem Oil. It's from the Neem Tree, and grows in India. It's
used widely for a host of applications, but my interest in it is as an
sucking/chewing insect control. It doesn't kill them outright, but
interferes with their hormonal system so they just stop eating. Therefore,
it's not a quick fix; takes a little time to work. Spray thoroughly every seven
days for a few weeks, and then less often after that. Spray when bees
aren't working, and you protect them from the Neem. It will kill them if
they get sprayed since it is an oil product. There's lots of info online,
just be careful of the hype. The mystery 'habanero' could be a hab,
just a different variety - I have Pointed Yellow Habanero (from Spankycolts)
that has small 1-2" pods that are smooth and pointy, and pack a pretty
good punch; the shape is changing a bit as the season progresses.
I'd say those mystery habs look fun!

Yeah hes my older brother. He moved in with me and the folks but he got the plants up here he wanted so its all good haha and thanks for the help on my bug problem ill deff research that and get rid of the little buggers! And im just hoping that the hab is something better! :dance:
Thanks for stopping by.

Lucas.

Great video. Large garden that is starting to produce largely! Glad to hear your bro was able to move his plants. I remember reading he was bummed to leave them behind.

Keep growin'!

Brent

Back