• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TabascoKilla's 2012 GLOG... LET THE PODS BEGIN!

Well I've just started growing Tabasco Peppers which is almost my entire Garden as of now but soon I'm hoping my garden will be much bigger. I went out and bought some seeds today to plant and add to my garden. The seeds consist of:

1.) California Wonder Bell Peppers
2.) Pasilla Bajo
3.) Long Thin Cayennes
4.) Serrano Chili
5.) Tam Jalapenos
6.)Anaheim Chili

New additions!

1.) 7 Tabasco Peppers
2.) 1 Golden Cayenne
3.) 1 Cajun Belle
4.) 1 Chilli Reds
5.) 1 "Worlds Hottest Habanero"
6.) 1 Thai Hot peppers

Seeds Started:

1.) Tam Jalapenos 7/12
2.) Serrano Chilis 7/9
3.) Tabascos 0/9 :mope:

Seeds for Next Year:

1.) Easter Egg plant (Slade Russel)
2.) Unknown Bhut (Slade Russel)
3.) Tequila sun rise (SR)
4.) Purple Flash (SR)
5.) 7 pod Jonah (Jedish)
6.) Mystery Pepper op (Romy6)
7.) Aji lemon op (Romy6)
8.) Yellow 7 pod op (Romy6)
9.) Red Brain Strain op (Romy6) (Jedish)
10.) Red 7 pod op (Romy6)
11.) Choc Bhut op (Romy6)
12.) Yellow Scorp op (Romy6)
More to come But im tired of typing and i cant find the names to some of the people who sent me these seeds darn it haha

Great video. Large garden that is starting to produce largely! Glad to hear your bro was able to move his plants. I remember reading he was bummed to leave them behind.

Keep growin'!

Brent

Thanks for the words of encouragement brent! And i know im so glad im getting pods in :party: haha and yeah hes pretty glad they got here safe too! :dance:
Grow on to you, sir!

Lucas

So the past few days me RealxSpice and TheAmatureGreeThumb have
been tilling up some ground in my back yard to prepare for next years plants!
Ive been wondering if anyone knows what type of soil i need to add to Georgia
clay to make it suitable for growing peppers! And by that i mean making them grow
awesomely!! :dance:

2012-08-05134219.jpg

Then the rows
2012-08-05185654.jpg

Please comment if you have any suggestions on what i should do/change/fix/or add!
Thanks a bunch!
Lucas.

Red clay grows some of the best plants around, you need to add aeration though. A good bit of composted manure and you should be up and running.

I see you were serious. Details in my garden thread, as i replied to ya bout what i did.
Looking good!
Peace
GA GH

Im very serious when it comes to peppers haha and thanks for all the help!

Lucas

Red clay grows some of the best plants around, you need to add aeration though. A good bit of composted manure and you should be up and running.

What about if it is very compacted clay that likes to come up in clumps?

Lucas

+1 to MWM...organic material will help loosen up your soil and keep your clay from turning into concrete in the GA sun. Mix in some good compost and manure. Get a soil test to see if you need anything else. Once the plants are in there top dress with some mulch (hardwood is best) and you'll be set to jet fellas! Nice work!

Shane

PS...from the looks of it you may be on an easement. Make double sure you're within your rights to plant on it...I would hate to see you put in a nice group of plants only to get them plowed under by the Electric Co, County, City or State.

If its super compacted, just keep working it. The more you work it and the more organic material you add the better it will feel. But do not go overboard, GA red clay(and TN) has TONS of nutrients in it already, you just need to allow to roots to reach it. Keep working it every couple weeks or so(whenever you can or feel like it) till plant out next year and you will be amazed at how well it turns over then.

And like Shane said above, add some mulch. Honestly, I would add a couple bags, like 2 or 3, of hardwood mulch with the manure and compost when you mix it all in. I would mix it all in now and let the mulch go to work breaking down till next season.

+1 to MWM...organic material will help loosen up your soil and keep your clay from turning into concrete in the GA sun. Mix in some good compost and manure. Get a soil test to see if you need anything else. Once the plants are in there top dress with some mulch (hardwood is best) and you'll be set to jet fellas! Nice work!

Shane

PS...from the looks of it you may be on an easement. Make double sure you're within your rights to plant on it...I would hate to see you put in a nice group of plants only to get them plowed under by the Electric Co, County, City or State.

Thanks for the input and concern Shane its close enough to my backyard that it shouldnt be a problem.
my neighbor has plants much further into the easement than i do so if they make it a problem theyll have
a bigger problem on there hands cuz ill raise HELL!!

Damn right mines further under the easement (more sun) theres also a horse farm under theme as well but me and the county never have gotten along had to take down my pool last year but..... IF ANYBOBY THINKS ABOUT MESSING WITH MY PLANTS THEY AINT NEVER SEEN HELL!

Im agreeing with millworkman and shane. Mixing in good organic matter. Enough mixed in very well, will loosen the clay. And u will not have a problem. Throw some aact on there and get the colonies going, to really help break down that stuff. You will have some really good soil for next year. Mulching and then tilling in. ++1. My garden is a virgin one and will be better, soil wise, next year from doing these things.
A bit sketched on your location there. But have seen power lines not maintained by the county before. Do they cut there twice a year or left you and your neighbors to care for it?
GaGH

Im agreeing with millworkman and shane. Mixing in good organic matter. Enough mixed in very well, will loosen the clay. And u will not have a problem. Throw some aact on there and get the colonies going, to really help break down that stuff. You will have some really good soil for next year. Mulching and then tilling in. ++1. My garden is a virgin one and will be better, soil wise, next year from doing these things.
A bit sketched on your location there. But have seen power lines not maintained by the county before. Do they cut there twice a year or left you and your neighbors to care for it?
GaGH

They leave it to us to cut them. They cut them for about the first two years i lived here but that was 5 years ago so im not worried haha :dance:

Hey guys! I know i havent been on in a while but there hasnt been much going on in my garden. So ill show you the little that has happened.

Many varieties of pod shapes
2012-08-14191507-1.jpg

My Indian Cayenne.
2012-08-23184940.jpg

Chile reds
2012-08-23184920.jpg

Thai hot peppers
2012-08-23184953.jpg

And lastly! My super awesome Tabasco Pepper!
2012-08-23185010.jpg

Thanks for stopping by all and comment and tell me what you think!
Thanks!

Lucas

Plants are looking good TB. What you feeding them guys. Anything new?

You wont believe what ive been giving them man! Its this thing called water!! :rofl:
Sometimes it comes from the sky!
But no really i havent really done much to them. They May need to be fertilized Tomorrow. So that shall Happen!

Back