• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TC's 2016 Pepper Patch

I am going to try and do a Glog this year.  This is my initial grow list and I am sure it will change once I see what seeds are left from the Chris Phillips auction.

Aji Jobito -- Lindberg
Aji Llaneron -- Lindberg
Aji Margariteno -- Lindberg
Aji Pepon -- Lindberg
Aji Rosita Red -- Lindberg
Aji Risito Yellow -- Lindberg
Bahamian Goat -- Jamison
Billy Biker Jalapeño -- Burpee
Brown BBG7 --Romy6
Caramel Brainstrain --Romy6
Chocolate Habanero -- Juanitos
Cumra Cherry -- Pepperlover
Friarello Di Napoli -- TC saved seeds
Guajillo -- Unknown
Hot Rod Serrano X CBBG7 -- FreeportBum
Jimmy Nardello -- TC saved seeds
Marconi -- TC saved seeds
MOA Scotch Bonnets -- TC saved seeds
Mystery Citrus -- GrantMichaels
Mystery Wine -- Joyner
Numex Big Jim -- Fiogga
Onza -- Chili Pepper Institute
Orange 7-Pot -- Buckeye
Pasilla Bajio -- Unknown
Red Rocoto Lima Market #1 -- FreeportBum
Rocapica -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 355812 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 585273 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto San Isidro -- FreeportBum
Yellow Manzano -- FreeportBum
Yellow SBJ7 -- Romy6
Yellow Tepin -- Unknown

I plan to have roughly 45-50 plants.  So I may have some doubles in there and I will be adding some more varieties.  

Baha Goat x Butch T Yellow -- D3monic
Lemon Drop x Inca Berry -- D3monic

Pepper-Guru said:
Looking good in here. Package goes out today :)
Thank you.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looking good, glad the Mystery Wine are still going strong from the seed stock. I have been very fortunate with the germination rate. 

I do not have a single seed in dirt yet, hell do not even have my 2016 list.
It is still a bit early, but I wanted to do it in waves. Some of these plants will be to big by early May.

It's unfortunate that half of the Lindeberg varieties did not germinate, but it seems to be the same varieties for everyone. Could be a bad batch of seeds. I believe Lindeberg was offering replacement seeds, if I remember correctly, in that original jobito thread. 

Comptine said:
It's unfortunate that half of the Lindeberg varieties did not germinate, but it seems to be the same varieties for everyone. Could be a bad batch of seeds. I believe Lindeberg was offering replacement seeds, if I remember correctly, in that original jobito thread.
I still have a couple of more seeds to try, hopefully someone will get some to germinate and then share for next year.

I'm hoping for something similar too. I bought all but am only growing the jobito and margariteño this year. I've been particularly interested in following people growing some or all of the Lindeberg seeds.

Your plants are looking good!  I wish I could have my own pepper patch like you.

I'm going to try and build another raised bed in my yard next month.

tctenten said:
Thanks Scott. How are you doing? Hope all is well.

Thank you. Still have a long way to go.
 I'm doing well thanks!

I made some killer sauce from the peppers you sent last season, pureed them is all I did and shared some with coworkers, they loved it, thanks again!

Still catching up on all the stuff that fell behind last year, looking forward to normal next season. This year is a coast glog wise ;)

Things are going pretty smoothly so far. This past weekend I started to germinate some more varieties.

Numex Green Hatch
Numex Red Hatch
Guajillo
Friarello di Napoli
Pepperoncini
Numex Big Jim
Pasillo Bajio
Red Savina
Marconi
Jalapeno Yellow
Jalapeno Gigante
Jalapeno Farmers
Cumra Cherry
Jimmy Nardello
Scotch Bonnet Foodarama
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie
Yellow Tepin
Shishito
Aji Limon
Jalapeno x Chaotian
Orange Thai
Goatsweed
Aji Pepon
Aji Habanero

I also sowed some tomatoes

Chocolate Cherry
Lemon Drop
Mr Stripey
KBX Orange Beefsteak
Teton De Venus
Woods Famous Brimmer
Romeo Red Plum

Some pics because words are boring.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is a new product that I have been using

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for looking and any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Your chocolate habanero looking great....and so do all your other plants as well.  ;)

Have you grown the brown bb7 before?  I ordered some seeds about a month ago and contemplated starting some.

t0mato said:
Your chocolate habanero looking great....and so do all your other plants as well.  ;)

Have you grown the brown bb7 before?  I ordered some seeds about a month ago and contemplated starting some.
I have not. This wil be my first bbg7 of any kind.

Spicegeist said:
Everything is looking very nice.

pepperguy1 said:
I just had to stop by and check out your Glog and plants. :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

moruga welder said:
well rounded list !  wishing you a great grow my friend !       :onfire:
Thanks for dropping in. Plenty of new varieties to me this year, so I am looking forward to trying them.

grantmichaels said:
little MC's =) ... look healthy, though!
Yes they are finally starting to pick up their pace.

tctenten said:
I had to water tonight, so I snapped some pics. Everything still progressing as it should. I will try to get an update this weekend of what I actually have growing.
FreeportBum's Hot Rod Serrano cross is getting ready to flower.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
D3monics IncaBerry cross
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
The Lindberg seeds that germinated for me are growing into nice robust plants.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Plants look great. Hard to tell but it looks like the Serrano cross has the BBG calyx? #stoked. Cheers

FreeportBum said:
Plants look great. Hard to tell but it looks like the Serrano cross has the BBG calyx? #stoked. Cheers
I will keep the updates coming. What kind of light do you keep your rocoto/manzano under? The ones I have under T5's do not seem to be as strong/vibrant as the ones under T8's. I have them all under the T8's now. I was wondering if the added heat that th T5's put out was effecting them.

Back