• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TC's 2016 Pepper Patch

I am going to try and do a Glog this year.  This is my initial grow list and I am sure it will change once I see what seeds are left from the Chris Phillips auction.

Aji Jobito -- Lindberg
Aji Llaneron -- Lindberg
Aji Margariteno -- Lindberg
Aji Pepon -- Lindberg
Aji Rosita Red -- Lindberg
Aji Risito Yellow -- Lindberg
Bahamian Goat -- Jamison
Billy Biker Jalapeño -- Burpee
Brown BBG7 --Romy6
Caramel Brainstrain --Romy6
Chocolate Habanero -- Juanitos
Cumra Cherry -- Pepperlover
Friarello Di Napoli -- TC saved seeds
Guajillo -- Unknown
Hot Rod Serrano X CBBG7 -- FreeportBum
Jimmy Nardello -- TC saved seeds
Marconi -- TC saved seeds
MOA Scotch Bonnets -- TC saved seeds
Mystery Citrus -- GrantMichaels
Mystery Wine -- Joyner
Numex Big Jim -- Fiogga
Onza -- Chili Pepper Institute
Orange 7-Pot -- Buckeye
Pasilla Bajio -- Unknown
Red Rocoto Lima Market #1 -- FreeportBum
Rocapica -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 355812 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto PI 585273 -- FreeportBum
Rocoto San Isidro -- FreeportBum
Yellow Manzano -- FreeportBum
Yellow SBJ7 -- Romy6
Yellow Tepin -- Unknown

I plan to have roughly 45-50 plants.  So I may have some doubles in there and I will be adding some more varieties.  

Baha Goat x Butch T Yellow -- D3monic
Lemon Drop x Inca Berry -- D3monic

Devv said:
looking mas good!
Thanks Scott. Anxious to get them outside. The weather is finally starting to warm up.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
How are the MW's?
Looking very good. I was unable to isolate any pods last year, so I am still using the seeds you sent me last year. I found there heat perfect for me for sauce making. Unless catastrophe happens I wil be making a smoked Mystery Wine hot sauce this year.
grantmichaels said:
... and MC's ;)

Plugging along. They have caught up. I will grab a few pictures this weekend when they go outside.

Mystery Citrus

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mystery Wine

image.jpeg

Mystery Citrus & Mystery Wine

image.jpeg

Brisket on the WSM

image.jpeg

Starting to get ready for plant out in three weeks. I emptied all the root pouches and amended them with Bumper Crop and Pro-gro. All of last years are done. Tonorrow I will fill up 18 15 gallon root pouches and 1 30 gallon.

image.jpeg

Last years were under a tarp all winter.

image.jpeg

Soil amendments.

image.jpeg

All done! I am going to be very sore later.

image.jpeg

Last years root balls. Compost them? Or garbage?

Might as well compost them. 

every things looking good. I really need to amend my garden beds and i'm going to plant out in a few 10 - 15 gal containers as well. 

any recommendations for amendments I can add this late in the game? I was thinking a few bags of mushroom compost. 

D3monic said:
Might as well compost them. 

every things looking good. I really need to amend my garden beds and i'm going to plant out in a few 10 - 15 gal containers as well. 

any recommendations for amendments I can add this late in the game? I was thinking a few bags of mushroom compost.
Normally I use mushroom compost. I get it by the yard and spread it everywhere. I was lazy and wanted to try the Bumper Crop this year.

tctenten said:
Last years root balls. Compost them? Or garbage?

Verra Nice plants Terry! Your season is gonna run on rails if things continue as they have.

Do you have access to a chipper? I'd run the old root balls through one to speed up the time it takes to compost them... otherwise, garbage. Cheers!

stickman said:
Verra Nice plants Terry! Your season is gonna run on rails if things continue as they have.

Do you have access to a chipper? I'd run the old root balls through one to speed up the time it takes to compost them... otherwise, garbage. Cheers!
Thanks! I do not, so they will be tossed into a wooded area across from my house.

FreeportBum said:
Everything looks great. no worries on you getting some fresh pubes this year, they look ready for action.

Cheers
I saw in Rick's grog that the yellow manzano is full shade.

How about the others:

Rocopico
Lima market
Pl355812
San Isidro

Thanks.

Back