• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Tenda Rub...Forget "low and slow"!

Roguejim said:
I wish I could get my hands on this stuff just to show you stodgy prigs what Tenda Rub can really do, in the right hands. I think I'd be willing to buy a jar, if oldsalty would use it one time, and give it his best shot. It would be fun.

I emailed myself the stuff, I thought it might be fun to pimp one day, kind of like a truffle-topped Totino's ...

lolz

If anyone does it they have to test 2 racks... you can't just use it and say wow it is juicy, compare it to a rack cooked the same exact way w/o it with your own rubs sauces brines whathaveyou. 

lol ...
oh, and since you are here, now ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441323960.783276.jpg

=)

Roguejim said:
I wish I could get my hands on this stuff just to show you stodgy prigs what Tenda Rub can really do, in the right hands. I think I'd be willing to buy a jar, if oldsalty would use it one time, and give it his best shot. It would be fun.
Can I just mix corn oil, acetic and citric acid and pretend it is his "rub"? :cool:

grantmichaels said:
add some meat tenderizer ... or bromelain or papain or whatever ...

I thought about your guess before that the product contained bromelain or papain or something. Wouldn't the high heat of direct grillling denature any enzymes in the stuff before it has a chance to penetrate the meat and do its thing? Maybe if it was used as a marinade or something, but I just don;t see meat tenderizers working in this context. 
     I think it's snake oil.

meat tenderizer works during the fridge -> room temp part, usually ...

did he go bottle to grill in seconds or minutes? - can't remember (watched like a week ago) ...

Back