• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thai Peppers...very slow this year

My orange thai plants had hundreds of pods last year and grew super fast. Here's a pic of one in May 2007. By the end of the season I could not pick all the pods

POTAWIE said:
My orange thai plants had hundreds of pods last year and grew super fast. Here's a pic of one in May 2007. By the end of the season I could not pick all the pods

Looking great again there terrific amount of pods on that plant :)

POTAWIE said:

Man, that's pretty.

I sense a lot of Sambal and chili oil going on there...:D

Very pretty Potawie...

AlabamaJack said:
No hijack meant Superdv1...

here are two pics of my Orange Thai Plants and one close up of a pepper...they have great heat and a very pretty color when dried that can be used to "lighten" the color of your chili powder....

071708b002.jpg

a closer view of two plants...

071708b001.jpg

I don't know if you could see the pepper in the above pic so I picked it and here it is...

071708b003.jpg

they have stopped producing right now because of all the heat we have had for the past month or so...all my plants are now starting to flower/fruit again...I hate to jinx myself but I think the worst of summer is over, now lets just hope we have a long fall before ms. winter comes visitin...

Teriffic amount of small pods on there..erm gonna grow orange thai on its own and the cross looks super and can imagine it looks great fully loaded with orange pods..cheers for that A.J another added to my 2009 growlist lol :)

Ok, Thai peppers are starting to pick up steam now. More and more pods are forming on my plants now, and flowers everywhere. No pics yet, but should get some soon. Looks like they just might be loaded very soon. Sneaky little devils. I've been looking and looking and took some time before I started seeing the pods because none are turning yet and they blend right in.

This year, I grew what pepperjoe calls "Thai Sun". It grows to about a foot tall and about a food and a half wide, and it produces hundreds of red scorchers that measure about an inch long. The orange ones definitely win in the aesthetics department, though. That's a very attractive cultivar.

My Thai Peppers

Here are my Thai peppers. Not a ton of peppers yet, but the two plants I have are nearly to my shoulders and looking pretty healthy with numerous flowers/pods forming now.

ThaiPeppers_8-24-08_1.jpg
[/IMG]

ThaiPeppers_8-24-08_2.jpg

superdv1 thats going to be a big producer buddy..so you been growing this for 2 years..whats the taste like ? :)

No, this is the first year for them and haven't gotten a single pod yet to this day, but will soon. Oh, and these are planted straight in the ground. I've grown Thai peppers numerous times in the past, but this seems like the tallest they have ever grown for me.

Back