• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

Hammerfall said:
if any has 3 or 4 seeds i would liek to have some to grow this year!   hit me in pm if you have some  

thanks
I think Joe Delaney might be the only one to have them.

Nigel, Looks like you and Joe better dedicate some acreage to this little boy.
I'm thinking there's gonna be hoard of us beating a path to your doors for seed come next fall!

I just watched the review again.
You didn't eat those seeds did you?
You need to get them all snugly nestled in the ground -use the neighbor's yard if you must!

Nigel said:

A huge thanks to Joe Delaney for sending this amazing pepper to me. Aji jobito is from Venezuela. 

First of all, let me say "This is a truly astonishing pepper" so I can get it off my chest. This is the best tasting non-hot C.chinense I`ve ever eaten, bar none. I`ve eaten a few, too!

A great looking pepper, to my eyes, and it is even better when you bite into it. The flavors are really sweet, rich and complex.There is a little C.chinense flavor mixed in there, too, but it isn`t strong. The aftertaste is very rich and nutty, like raw almonds or Brazil nuts. Almost oily, but in a great way. The sweetness of the pepper is also rich and reminiscent of dark brown sugar, Persimmons or Mamey sapote. Rich complex and delicious. 

There is no detectible heat at all. Who cares?!?!? If something tastes this good it does`t matter one little bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMS9tb3TyGo&feature=youtu.be!

Well, you got my attention... as do most of your videos. Just when I think I've capped off my grow list, I see 3-4 more videos of peppers I must add. You got me. I got CAPCOM's seed train last week and there were tons of varieties I wasn't familiar with. Aji Jobito was one of them. I spent hours reading up on those I was unfamiliar with to see if I wanted to take seeds from the train. Planted 2 Jobito seeds Saturday. Looking forward to it.

I grew this pepper last season, think I added it to the train? I received it from Joe Delaney. He offers an amazing variety of peppers via Seedsavers Exchange. He has done quite a bit of traveling and is conserving and making available wonderful international varieties of peppers and tomatoes. We are very lucky to have access to these. Hats off to you Joe!!! I'm sure he's a member here, but I found him in Seedsavers years ago. You all should try his seeds! I found Aji jobito to be a very special pepper, very complex and delicious!

Oh, forgot, if folks want to find Mr. Delaney's seeds at Seedsavers Exchange they need to peruse the 2015 Yearbook, where the members offer their seeds. Seedsavers Exchange has their own catalogue of listed seeds. Joe is mainly in the Yearbook, Yearbook is what you want.

fiogga said:
I grew this pepper last season, think I added it to the train? I received it from Joe Delaney. He offers an amazing variety of peppers via Seedsavers Exchange. He has done quite a bit of traveling and is conserving and making available wonderful international varieties of peppers and tomatoes. We are very lucky to have access to these. Hats off to you Joe!!! I'm sure he's a member here, but I found him in Seedsavers years ago. You all should try his seeds! I found Aji jobito to be a very special pepper, very complex and delicious!

Oh, forgot, if folks want to find Mr. Delaney's seeds at Seedsavers Exchange they need to peruse the 2015 Yearbook, where the members offer their seeds. Seedsavers Exchange has their own catalogue of listed seeds. Joe is mainly in the Yearbook, Yearbook is what you want.
You did. Your selections in that train were fantastically obscure. I had to look up just about all of them. Looking forward to the Aji Jobito.

Dumb question, but how does SSE work? I've been aware of it for 20 years but embarrassed to say I don't know how it works. I know anyone can buy from them. I know you can buy a membership but what do you get? Access to other traders? Is membership good for a year or longer? Worth it?

It's worth it to me, I'm a seedsaver. I've gotten most of my favorite varieties from there. I also offer seeds through the yearbook. If you offer seeds, it's cheaper to purchase through the yearbook. You also receive a seasonal mailing with great info. Some folks are mad about politics involved in the organization and have spoken out against it. I try to have an open mind and use the organization to have access to some very exciting seeds from all over the world. I've met some wonderful people, and have shared seeds with many gardeners so it's very worth it to me. Anyone can purchase seeds through the yearbook, you don't have to be a member, it's just more expensive. I love looking through the yearbook which is normally mailed in Jan. It hasn't come yet, they are late this year. It's over 500 pages long, there are around 700 varieties of tomatoes listed, for example. Fascinating stuff in there. I think the membership is $20.00 a year. If you like heirlooms there are descriptions about how the people obtained the seeds, great histories, love the yearbook! The bean section is fabulous.

fiogga said:
It's worth it to me, I'm a seedsaver. I've gotten most of my favorite varieties from there. I also offer seeds through the yearbook. If you offer seeds, it's cheaper to purchase through the yearbook. You also receive a seasonal mailing with great info. Some folks are mad about politics involved in the organization and have spoken out against it. I try to have an open mind and use the organization to have access to some very exciting seeds from all over the world. I've met some wonderful people, and have shared seeds with many gardeners so it's very worth it to me. Anyone can purchase seeds through the yearbook, you don't have to be a member, it's just more expensive. I love looking through the yearbook which is normally mailed in Jan. It hasn't come yet, they are late this year. It's over 500 pages long, there are around 700 varieties of tomatoes listed, for example. Fascinating stuff in there. I think the membership is $20.00 a year. If you like heirlooms there are descriptions about how the people obtained the seeds, great histories, love the yearbook! The bean section is fabulous.
Double like.

Hello to all members of this forum, my name is Lindberg Figueroa, and I was the person who sent the seeds of different varieties of sweet peppers including jobito, I am very pleased with the comments about this pepper, I indicate that I have great amount of seeds, which can make them reach those interested, sorry for my bad English, Greetings from Cumanà / Sucre / Venezuela

21181-MLV20204468672_112014-O.jpg

Welcome senor Figueroa!  We're happy to have you/glad you found us!  The Aji Jobito is a variety I hope to grow next year.  Thanks for putting these seeds out!

Welcome Figueroa!

I have been reading about this excellent pepper for a while now, looking forward to growing it in the future!

Can you describe the other two peppers in the pic? Taste comparable to Jobito?

Thanks!

Hello friends, I am grateful to Joe Delaney and nigel to publicize a chile that is the pride of my city, I tell you that for me would be an honor to send you seeds of varieties of sweet peppers of my country, but there are several difficulties monetary order, I imagine that everyone should know the bad situation of my country because it is extremely serious and so our moneta this very devalued'll give you an example, I in one month win work almost 30 dollars, meaning that one dollar per day, so I can not do exchanges, unless you pay the postage by regular mail as shipping costs are very high, I would be giving them the seeds, I sold seeds for the value of 10 seeds for 5 dollars, but I can send them a combo seed 30 type 4 varieties that I have, in the amount of 20 dollars, this is just to pay the shipping, I send a lot of seeds if you like, is very embarrassing for me to say this but I can not longer be in this situation and so I see the painful obligation to borrow money by sending (sorry), soon I'll be creating a website to sell seeds of the four sweet varieties and it can overcome something my difficult economic situation, sorry for my bad English (I'm using a translator), I apologize if this review does not meet the forum rules give the authorization to be deleted, I speak Spanish and little English, Greetings from Cumana / Sucre / Venezuela

good getting out a little money issue, I want to present the sweet peppers varieties in my country, which are: AJI jobito, AJI ROSITA, AJI LLANERON, AJI PEPON, which passeth described.

AJI jobito
AjiJovitoDelaney.jpg

The Jobito pepper is a variety that was grown in eastern Venezuela in Sucre, Anzoategui and Monagas, but now it is grown in the central region, is a very tasty fruit, intense but not spicy flavor, globose and anarajado intense color when ripe.

Sweet Pepper Pepón:
aji-dulce-venezolano-en-industria-alimentaria-3016122___5283_Reasells.JPG

The sweet pepper is a variety pepón virtually nothing spicy, globose green color when unripe and switches to ripen to red, purple or yellow. The plant is the most susceptible to attack by thrips and mites, is widely appreciated in Caracas and centralas preferences stews.

Llanerón sweet pepper:
semillas-de-aji-dulce-llaneron-13599-MLV35156787_2654-O.jpg

The Aji sweet variety llaneron is a variety planted in the Venezuelan plains, is characterized by elongated fruits, orange or red when ripe color, the flavor is intense and accepted it some spicy, but when the plant goes too spicy is rejected by the market.

Rosita sweet pepper:
7000-semillas-certificadas-de-aj-dulce-rosta-lata-25gramos-2034-MLV3809423329_022013-O.jpg

The sweet pepper Rosita is a variation of oriental sweet pepper that is spherical but with edges at the apex of the fruit fruit stand giving an aspect of a pink, the color is deep red when ripe and not accepted it all spicy flavor is similar to jobito.

Sweet pepper jam

ingredients:
4 cups of sweet pepper cut into small pieces.
1 cup sugar / 2 cups water
Cloves and cinnamon
Juice of 1 lemon.

preparation:
In a large pot add all ingredients. Wait till it boils, and low fire, let cook about half an hour or until the liquid is textured soft candy, let cool and refrigerate for conservation.

Hey there Lindberg,

I'd love to get these varieties to try, they sound very tasty.

What is the best way to buy these seeds from you?

SR.

hello, the person who is interested should send your personal details and address to my email account (lindbergf@gmail.com) specifying the amount you want or number of combos (30 seeds per type), I will be sending an email with the account paypal to enforce the payment, I must remember that I will be sent them the seeds by mail, if you can lose the shipping I will assume the cost of a new sending by mail, I remember that money that send me is they are just to pay the shipping, not the cost of seeds (if you want to give me something more is your desicion), sorry for my bad English. Greetings from Cumana, Venezuela.

Note: are not hybrid seeds

Hi Lindberg,

Thank you for your willingness to help out all pepper lovers. I am sorry that things are not good for you economically, but you will find many pepper lovers who will willingly pay for the shipping and your efforts.

Are there any pepper varieties that you would like? There will be plenty of people, including myself, who will help.

And your English is good (much better than my Spanish).

Tom

Back