• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Count's Drunken Adventures In The Kitchen

I know we already have the drunken chef thread, but I'm going to start this anyway.  Almost anytime I snap a picture in the kitchen whisky is involved.  Don't let the beers with the plated pics fool you, I just crack one open to drink while eating since hot straight bourbon doesn't taste good with food to me.  The rest of the night is all WHISKY!!!  t didn't even know I had taken most of the pics I'm going to upload initially.  They date back to October 2015 or so and I just found them while uploading pics from the camera of a recent off-roading trip.

So lets start with Drunken Chicken Lo Mein…...

Next up is BBQ chicken, oven roasted potatoes and Ranch Style canned beans.  

Tostados?  I seriously do not remember making or eating these!

These are leftovers from lunch at Coopers in Llano. Brisket and a couple of pork ribs. They are my favorite bbq place. They cook bbq like I grew up on, not smoked but cooked several feet directly above coals. The pinto beans and thin super vinegar strong sauce are amazing. I didnt cook it but I did have the decency to reheat it in the oven in foil

Attachments

• 4F7C8E62-0071-406A-BF37-6E18CD6AA46F.jpeg
    4F7C8E62-0071-406A-BF37-6E18CD6AA46F.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 43
The Count said:
These are leftovers from lunch at Coopers in Llano. Brisket and a couple of pork ribs. They are my favorite bbq place. They cook bbq like I grew up on, not smoked but cooked several feet directly above coals. The pinto beans and thin super vinegar strong sauce are amazing. I didnt cook it but I did have the decency to reheat it in the oven in foil

No pickles or white bread?

Gotta' have some veggies and carbs.

texas blues said:

No pickles or white bread?

Gotta' have some veggies and carbs.
I actually closely watch my bread(carbs) and I have some on the menu for this week, so I skipped the bread. They have fresh loafs on the table, and our daughter put a good dent in one.

As for pickles, they are replaced by whole pickled jalapeños in jars on the tables. Im not sure why, but I have many times been left with a stomach ache after eating bulk pickled jalapeños. Not cap cramps, just an odd pain. I avoid them if possible. I actually try to only eat Mrs. Renfros brand at home.

I was gonna make up some pizza dough and have homemade pizzas for us tonight. But then I realized I was down to about two cups of flour. So out of the freezer came the store bought crusts.

Im having pepperoni, jalapeño and habanero pizza. And the Wife is having all the other veggies and pepperochini.

At least the sauce is homemade from crushed canned San Marzano tomatoes

Attachments

• AAF95D7D-F64F-41F7-B356-6849FDC349D7.jpeg
    AAF95D7D-F64F-41F7-B356-6849FDC349D7.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 40
The Count said:
They were good, as far as toppings go. The crust was super crispy and thin. I like a little thicker than these par cooked thin crusts offer.

Go full on Twilight Zone.

Picture if you will.  

Those pizzas.

And a drunk hobo.

With a broken beer bottle trying to steal them.

Best choice a hobo ever made.

I was craving some pulled pork sandwiches. My fav cut of pork for them is ribs. They are covered in course ground sea salt and black pepper, BBQ sauce and Sriracha. Then crock potted for 10 hours on low, then shredded and added back to the juice and more Bbq sauce. Homemade pickled jalapeños top it off with some white onion.

The sauce used is Kinders Organic Sweet Sriracha BBQ with more Sriracha.

Attachments

• C3B1CA5C-304A-42F6-B28E-3B38822F9649.jpeg
    C3B1CA5C-304A-42F6-B28E-3B38822F9649.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3E00720C-3686-462C-9C6F-B27B984EF4B4.jpeg
    3E00720C-3686-462C-9C6F-B27B984EF4B4.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 39A5C760-D635-4C7E-B947-37D2DB7DFE84.jpeg
    39A5C760-D635-4C7E-B947-37D2DB7DFE84.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 36
  • DE9DC479-AD80-4A5D-A33F-527EE0A39742.jpeg
    DE9DC479-AD80-4A5D-A33F-527EE0A39742.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 35
The Count said:
I was craving some pulled pork sandwiches. My fav cut of pork for them is ribs. They are covered in course ground sea salt and black pepper, BBQ sauce and Sriracha. Then crock potted for 10 hours on low, then shredded and added back to the juice and more Bbq sauce. Homemade pickled jalapeños top it off with some white onion.

The sauce used is Kinders Organic Sweet Sriracha BBQ with more Sriracha.

God have mercy.

Imagine you and your gal on a desert island.

And all that you have to eat  between the two of you is that sandwich.

I'm so sorry.

She's going to starve to death.

texas blues said:

God have mercy.

Imagine you and your gal on a desert island.

And all that you have to eat  between the two of you is that sandwich.

I'm so sorry.

She's going to starve to death.
Unless she is prepared to go cave woman on me in my sleep, I think Id come out on top in that situation.

My coleslaw was quickly criticized by a NC friend of mine. He asked if it was a salad next to my sandwich. Apparently my family were the only ones to rough chop cabbage for slaw

Two kinds of Tex mex chicken and rice tonight. The chicken on the rice is fajita style and the other breast strip at the top of the plate is coated in taco seasoning and baked. Spanish rice, pickled jalapeños and hot sauce finish it off. Quick and easy Tex mex meal on the cheap

Attachments

• BF3C6A59-C2C4-4DBD-8B5C-19FBFEA4D51D.jpeg
    BF3C6A59-C2C4-4DBD-8B5C-19FBFEA4D51D.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 51
The Count said:
Two kinds of Tex mex chicken and rice tonight. The chicken on the rice is fajita style and the other breast strip at the top of the plate is coated in taco seasoning and baked. Spanish rice, pickled jalapeños and hot sauce finish it off. Quick and easy Tex mex meal on the cheap

Oye!

Waiter!

We forgot to get a side of lime wedges.

And a bowl of queso.

Could you also bring us a dozen warm street taco size flour tortillas too?

Chingon!

texas blues said:

Oye!

Waiter!

We forgot to get a side of lime wedges.

And a bowl of queso.

Could you also bring us a dozen warm street taco size flour tortillas too?

Chingon!
There is a bunch of lime juice in the fajita marinaded chicken. And yes...... this is supposed to have melted shredded cheese on it. I skipped it due to my cheese reprocussions. I pick and choose my battles and this one was win-able without cheese. And If I had some tillas on hand, I would not have need a shovel to get this in my mouth.

My Mother In Law is in town for the weekend. She is big on chicken, picky on beef and pork. So I have some organic air chilled butterflied and pounded chicken Bs marinading in a buttermilk, egg and salt brine. Tomorrow night they will get battered up and fried for some awesome Chicken Fried Chicken and Baked Potatoes.

No gravy, I cant stand gravy on chicken. Thats what hot sauce was made for!

Chicken fried chicken and baked potatoes. The chicken came out moist and was easy to prep for frying, since it was brined with a beaten egg it went from the brine bag into the flour and spices.

Franks Xtra Hot sauce went on the chicken

Attachments

• 460112DD-B130-4463-A5D3-B4FB668D8932.jpeg
    460112DD-B130-4463-A5D3-B4FB668D8932.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 5D3103EA-C1C4-45D1-BD28-4217EB0D8D21.jpeg
    5D3103EA-C1C4-45D1-BD28-4217EB0D8D21.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 43
Back