• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Count's Drunken Adventures In The Kitchen

I know we already have the drunken chef thread, but I'm going to start this anyway.  Almost anytime I snap a picture in the kitchen whisky is involved.  Don't let the beers with the plated pics fool you, I just crack one open to drink while eating since hot straight bourbon doesn't taste good with food to me.  The rest of the night is all WHISKY!!!  t didn't even know I had taken most of the pics I'm going to upload initially.  They date back to October 2015 or so and I just found them while uploading pics from the camera of a recent off-roading trip.

So lets start with Drunken Chicken Lo Mein…...

Next up is BBQ chicken, oven roasted potatoes and Ranch Style canned beans.  

Tostados?  I seriously do not remember making or eating these!

24AFF4AF-9F72-4500-AB49-C28CE7797D19.jpeg

Oh..... my........ god! I reheated some dirty rice from last week and added it to the plate of this, along with oyster crackers. Ive only eaten crawfish etouffee at Pappadeaux in Houston Tx, and they make everything taste amazing. This was sooooo much better than theirs, Im in shock.

Attachments

• 8D69C8D7-6B37-45D3-8366-248154BFDB22.jpeg
    8D69C8D7-6B37-45D3-8366-248154BFDB22.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 39
Cheesesteaks with homemade french fries. The bun didnt hold up well under the broiler to melt the cheese, and was way too crunchy. The meat was super thin sliced sirloin and it came out perfect. Onions, bell pepper and jalapeños to top it, with white American cheese to finish it off. The fries have Franks Xtra Hot and giardinera on them

Attachments

• 81A9A373-A884-4511-A9F1-7A07AC18FF01.jpeg
    81A9A373-A884-4511-A9F1-7A07AC18FF01.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 43
Nice sandwich! And fries as well.
The broiler is sometimes tricky to control and if your not watching closely you get fire alarms going off.
Quick!
Try tenting the sandwich with foil and baking to get the cheese started melting and then full force onslaught of the broiler to finish.

I love Papadeauxs! I've been to the San Antonio off the 410 many times and the Cincinnati location a few.
Large fried crawfish basket when in season.
For desert I'd recommend more crawfish :)

The Count said:
Before I started mixing s**t together on the plate

DUDE, what happened? That ain't nothing like it should be. I'm sure it was good, how can you go wrong with crawfish and sausage but it looks like a stew and it's served on rice not dressing. Did you make a roux? It must be the Worcestershire sauce that gave it that color. It's looks more like a BBQ Shrimp sauce, maybe that's what you were going and you definitely are holding up the "Drunken Adventures" theme.  :rofl:  :rofl:

I know, I know. Not everyone cooks it the way it's supposed to be but at least call it something else so you don't confuse people. 

I'm not ragging on you, I'd eat it at least once, more if it's good.  

And you get a pass because of that sandwich!! I'm a cheese steak junkie.

Rajun Gardener said:

DUDE, what happened? That ain't nothing like it should be. I'm sure it was good, how can you go wrong with crawfish and sausage but it looks like a stew and it's served on rice not dressing. Did you make a roux? It must be the Worcestershire sauce that gave it that color. It's looks more like a BBQ Shrimp sauce, maybe that's what you were going and you definitely are holding up the "Drunken Adventures" theme.  :rofl:  :rofl:

I know, I know. Not everyone cooks it the way it's supposed to be but at least call it something else so you don't confuse people. 

I'm not ragging on you, I'd eat it at least once, more if it's good.  

And you get a pass because of that sandwich!! I'm a cheese steak junkie.

:think:  the color doesn't look that off to me 
a quick google search showed it often served with rice too
Etouffee-Final.jpg

IMG_3601-997x1024.jpg

But whatdda i know bout cookin' em up...
I keep them little mudbugs as pets  :lol:

:cheers: 

Back