• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Dual Burger Duel Afterparty!

The Hot Pepper said:
You surprised me with a double burger I thought you would do 2 totally different things... can't argue with that choice tho after seeing it.
I cook better burgers in pans regularly, but the short rib needed extended cook length to properly deal with the kind of fat in that meat, so I had to either SV or Cinder it - and 1010 picked Cinder in my thread ...

I personally would have preferred a rare to med-rare burger, honestly, but it's been challenging for the voting body before ...

Just the grilled, SV'd bacon and onion fritter on a Hawaiian roll would be killer, and much simpler to make ...

D asked about the blend for the mince, and like I told her, it's success was that it didn't go astray ...

I'm not into adding pork, veal, chorizo etc to beef ... generally speaking.

I'm not into bleu either, but ffuuu if that wasn't tasty! ...

grantmichaels said:
I cook better burgers in pans regularly, but the short rib needed extended cook length to properly deal with the kind of fat in that meat, so I had to either SV or Cinder it - and 1010 picked Cinder in my thread ...

I personally would have preferred a rare to med-rare burger, honestly, but it's been challenging for the voting body before ...

Just the grilled, SV'd bacon and onion fritter on a Hawaiian roll would be killer, and much simpler to make ...

D asked about the blend for the mince, and like I told her, it's success was that it didn't go astray ...

I'm not into adding pork, veal, chorizo etc to beef ... generally speaking.

I'm not into bleu either, but ffuuu if that wasn't tasty! ...

I'm not going to lie, the ribs in the  crockpot for first 5 hours of cook turned out really good. I could barely get them out without them falling apart. Last hour on the smoker brought the flavors home.  I honestly couldn't tell that I had cheated. 

D3monic said:

I'm not going to lie, the ribs in the  crockpot for first 5 hours of cook turned out really good. I could barely get them out without them falling apart. Last hour on the smoker brought the flavors home.  I honestly couldn't tell that I had cheated. 
Oh yeah, totally.

I will smoke + SV all extended-length BBQ that I can fit in a bag going forward ...

2-3 hrs on smoke is sufficient for taste, 4-5 for bark ... never doing a 14-16 hr brisket again, unless it's automated in the GMG perhaps ...

7f624aa6544f087e1c13b48fdf54152c--fast-foods-healthy-fast-food.jpg
      :lol:

Back