beer The FineExampl Homebrew Project

imaguitargod said:
Ugggghhh!! I'm soooo sick of apfelwein!!! Everyone talks about it ad nausium, I've never had it, but I already hate it. :lol:
I'm with you there.

Steve973 said:
Or you could call it hard cider and pretend the concept is new to you!
I am making a hard cider, but with cider and not the apple juice apfelwein junk. Mine will be carbonated like a Magner's.

Most likely brewing tomorrow. No clue how i'm going to crush my grains though. It should be interesting. lol I might have to do low pulses on the coffee grinder and bash em with something. i called to buy one from my LHBS and their distributor doesn't have them and they don't have a demand for them. Drag man.

fineexampl said:
If you have me on your facebook, reply to my status and follow.

That is the most phucked up sentence.;)

Let me check my facebook.....nope.......nope........

What is your status? REPEATWhat is your status and how do I reply to a phucking status? OVER.;)

cheezydemon said:
That is the most phucked up sentence.;)

Let me check my facebook.....nope.......nope........

What is your status? REPEATWhat is your status and how do I reply to a phucking status? OVER.;)
Ha! look for John Hartman on facebook and if you see my mug with asparagus fangs..ya found me. All my notes are there.

So i hit a gravity of 1.065 and it's in the primary. quinoa...spelt...barley...star anise, nutmeg, indian long pepper, orange peel, nugget, simcoe, jaggery...mmmmmmm.

6014_101666178093_616883093_1942136_1179010_n.jpg

So the last pic is my Inca Pale Ale. I racked to secondary with some figs. I bottled it today and racked my hard cider to secondary. I used the old yeast cake from the Inca for the cider so they're family.

I got about a gallon of beer out of the Inca. The abv is around 5.7-6%/ I drank a glass uncarbonated and it's way drinkable. :)

Fr0tran said:
ya know, i'd say by far that's the craziest setup for a blowoff tube i've ever seen! ...cute kid though :)
i agree. it was all i had at the time though. :lol: which reminds me yet again that i need a proper blowoff for the carboys.

fineexampl said:
So i hit a gravity of 1.065 and it's in the primary. quinoa...spelt...barley...star anise, nutmeg, indian long pepper, orange peel, nugget, simcoe, jaggery...mmmmmmm.

WOW....

What no grains of paradise?;)

cheezydemon said:
WOW....

What no grains of paradise?;)
Nah, i'm not familiar with it yet. I have plenty of brews to add that to.

I'm probably buying some ingredients this weekend. No idea what i'll get. Any suggestions?

fineexampl said:

fineexampl said:

fineexampl said:
So the last pic is my Inca Pale Ale. I racked to secondary with some figs. I bottled it today and racked my hard cider to secondary. I used the old yeast cake from the Inca for the cider so they're family.

I got about a gallon of beer out of the Inca. The abv is around 5.7-6%/ I drank a glass uncarbonated and it's way drinkable. :)
This brew was a total 100% success! My only regret is i did not make more. The jaggery MAKES this beer! It's soooooo good. If you have the means, USE IT!

5854_114354473093_616883093_2128819_5324934_n.jpg

cheezydemon said:
I am quickly becoming a fan of crystal malt and a hint of roasted.
myt rappist clone had crystal, but i don't know if i could pick it out spcifically. I do wish i toast the quinoa a bit longer. The Inca would have benefitted from some added nuttiness, but as i said, the stuff is great. I impressed myself. :)

your rapist clone?;)

New rapist Ale! It has that special something for the untrained animal in you!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rogue's dead guy, and skipjack amber have that nice caramel note with a hint of roasted malt.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......

Quinoua in beer? I smell hippy! It's all cool and the gang Fine. I'm one of those purist Reinheitsgebot beer snobs. Quinoua with shallots, garlic, sundried toms and feta rocks!

Feel the beer, TB.

texas blues said:
Quinoua in beer? I smell hippy! It's all cool and the gang Fine. I'm one of those purist Reinheitsgebot beer snobs. Quinoua with shallots, garlic, sundried toms and feta rocks!

Feel the beer, TB.
I'm one of those guys who reads something and decides, "well duh, i can do that" and than i give it a go. I had the quinoa, wtf?

Oooh i just read up on here and it appears i haven't posted my upcoming brew. I'm going with a "golden ale" (read: american ale). Just something simple with excellent drinkability. Pale malt extract, cara-helles, carapils, palisade hops, and wyeast 1056. 9 total lbs of malt, but i'm going to add an additional lb to round it out and i think 1 lb of jaggery would do well here as well. I have a lot of hops left over from my other stuff and was thinking dry hopping with some nugget would up the bittering sufficiently.

Suggestions people...i need em!

edit: i wonder if this is my time to add some heat to a beer? i wonder if any of my Texan allies still have any frozen chiles? mental note: call the reverend!

Back