The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

Orcmie said:

What are you hoping for in the Fatalli x Savina? Giant Fatalli ? what colour still red? same for the other cross?

Anything with Fatalii interests me! Who knows where these will end up once stabilised....will get some photos once these new plants pod up.

Swampy_NZ said:
Bought one of these from mitre10 today for $20.
Its a 40 cell self watering propagator.pretty much a sow and forget.Just got to top up the reservoir now and then.
When the plants are ready for potting you just push them up from the bottom.I am going to give it a test run and see how she goes.

http://www.egmontseeds.co.nz/accessories/self-watering-propagator-please-note-clear-plastic-cover-is-under-bottom-base-tray
Dude thats awesome! Let us know how it goes man, I'd be keen to get something like that too.

SentencedToBurn said:
Dude thats awesome! Let us know how it goes man, I'd be keen to get something like that too.
Will do.I put in a mix of super hots and not so hots.I also am trying some jiffy 7 plugs.Everything is in my wardrobe set for a toasty 30C :)

Swampy_NZ said:
Bought one of these from mitre10 today for $20.
Its a 40 cell self watering propagator.pretty much a sow and forget.Just got to top up the reservoir now and then.
When the plants are ready for potting you just push them up from the bottom.I am going to give it a test run and see how she goes.

http://www.egmontseeds.co.nz/accessories/self-watering-propagator-please-note-clear-plastic-cover-is-under-bottom-base-tray

I used one of these last couple of seasons and it was okay. The clear plastic lid essentially melted and i couldn't use it any more for the current season.

Only problems were you can't leave anything in there too long or it will grow into the matting stuff and getting out nice plugs at the end could be a pain.

What about growing out some weird mutation as a community grow ? the only one I have that looks like it has a mutation was on one of my jalapenos (short and fat... almost round fruit) and that probably made them worse! (I'll put images up next time I'm at home and the sun is up). :mope:

Iv got a few mutant plants.

I have a 4 coty devils brain that is growing weird & a 3 coty reaper that is also growing weird. (i also have a 3 coty JAFSH that is growing normal..so not all 3 or 4 coty plants grow weird)

I also have a jonah x ? that is also very weird. Well I assume its a cross..dunno.. I think it only had a single coty, and it forked 3 ways from a seedling..some pods grow upright and look like gnarley douglah's..first pod ready soon.

nzchili said:
Iv got a few mutant plants.

I have a 4 coty devils brain that is growing weird & a 3 coty reaper that is also growing weird. (i also have a 3 coty JAFSH that is growing normal..so not all 3 or 4 coty plants grow weird)

I also have a jonah x ? that is also very weird. Well I assume its a cross..dunno.. I think it only had a single coty, and it forked 3 ways from a seedling..some pods grow upright and look like gnarley douglah's..first pod ready soon.

This is what would be interesting for a community grow see what grows out in the later generations.

That jonah cross what colour do you think it will come out?

Orcmie said:

This is what would be interesting for a community grow see what grows out in the later generations.

That jonah cross what colour do you think it will come out?

One pod has started to change, i think it will go red..ill get a photo of the plant later..

It's a weird thing..tight bunches of buds, different shaped pods and forked 3 ways from the bottom of the trunk..not really an example of good genetics by any means. It does however look like it will be very hot 

ok here are the mutant plants..this is the one that forked 3 ways straight away..came from jonah seeds..
image_zpslieauyfo.jpg

image_zpsym06daex.jpg

image_zpsncgnonzh.jpg
image_zpshtwmadpk.jpg

heres the tri-coty hp22b..
image_zpsnhl2mmin.jpg

image_zpscxn7zvji.jpg

and here the quad-coty devils brain
image_zps6o8ej8v1.jpg

and the trunk..its still got its 4 cotys
image_zpsvuxzqpsz.jpg

nzchili said:
ok here are the mutant plants..this is the one that forked 3 ways straight away..came from jonah seeds..

heres the tri-coty hp22b..

and here the quad-coty devils brain

and the trunk..its still got its 4 cotys

They are all looking so interesting. But beautiful healthy plants by the way .

Any that you think you will want to follow down the rabbit hole with and see what happens in F2?

Yep i will probably grow a couple of each of them. Iv had them labeled as mutants from the start so would also keep seeds seperate from the normal plants.

Your welcome to seeds if you want. I will test that first mutant pod that is ripening in a few days so will have seeds after that point

nzchili said:
Yep i will probably grow a couple of each of them. Iv had them labeled as mutants from the start so would also keep seeds seperate from the normal plants.

Your welcome to seeds if you want. I will test that first mutant pod that is ripening in a few days so will have seeds after that point

I'm keen I have been playing with starting a few seeds lately, with the hope of over wintering more than seedlings (but not full plants) (not having much luck might need to alter my method :violin: ). 

See how the taste test goes and you can decide if its worth making a move on. I'm sure there might be others that would give it go too, maybe a seed train might the way to go.

Well my brown moruga went brown, but its a bit of a disappointment and not as hot as it should be I don't think. Its maybe hab type hot? I would not even consider it a super hot at this stage. Tastes ok though.
image_zpsac4bglji.jpg

Anyone else got any that are near fruiting? Iv got 3 more brown moruga plants that came from different seeds which will be flowering soon so hopefully they turn out better and make it before it cools down..

Saw my Fatalii X Numex Twilight "F0" pod is ripening up finally. Will wait for another 2-3 weeks to make sure its completely ripe, will dry the hell out of those seeds and then plant my F1.

The Reaper X Numex Twilight pod is still small though, but they always take longer anyway.

2015_03_10_08_22_22.jpg

2015_03_10_08_22_41.jpg

^am interested in how that reaper cross turns out! cool.

I just harvested a few pods yesterday...pretty small scale compared to Swampy but anyway  ;)  Each container came from one plant. Brianstrains on the left, brown bhutlah pheno#1 in the middle, and Jonah x ? on the right..
image_zps5sjwroga.jpg

A few nice brain strains for seed stock..if anyone wants seeds that came from legit pods let me know..
image_zps8zgqmfzz.jpg

So everyone's plants survived the storm OK? It didn't get too bad here in Auckland...hope you guys down the country didnt get it too bad!

My first c galapogenese is ready. Looking forward to giving it a try tonight..am surprised at how slow these things grow and how long those little pods take to turn red.
image_zpsoxrarpd7.jpg

image_zpsxpbauciq.jpg

Back