• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Great Kiwi Pepper Thread

SentencedToBurn said:
Hey mate pm me your address I'll send you a bunch of seeds too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also

Guys check this out, INSAAAANE deal on trademe, and this looks solid as. 6x3m polytunnel for $525!!!! galv frame!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=916147542
Read the Q & A on that trademe listing. F**king d**khead lol.

Edit: check out his blurb/quotes on his profile

Oops been ridiculously busy lately, bought some land down Tauranga ways - cant wait to get a decent greenhouse going down there.

Bhuts are finally ripening up, and my scorpions have almost all finished doing their thing.
Lots of new side stem growth on the plants, and don't seem to have any pests any more either.
Accidentally left one of the greenhouse doors open on Sunday night though, so we'll see if they survive the -3 we had that night....  :tear:

I have about 30 plants that I grew for my daughter's calf club, have packed them all up today and got them ready and noticed something. The plants that were growing in Terrazilla potting mix (from the old SOG stores, there are no online references to that anywhere) are about a time and a half larger than the ones that were growing in the other potting mix you get from SOG (again I forgot the name, it's a white bag with yellow/brown label from memory). Terrazilla was sold out so I used that other stuff. Also the Terrazilla plants are much darker than the other ones.

I didn't use any ferts when watering, they all god the same amount of light and water, and temperature was the same. They were even mixed in with each other so they werent sitting in groups. The only way I can tell is that there are big chunks of pumice in the Terrazilla mix so thats how I was able to separate them.

So look at the pics, and if you find Terrazilla at Hyalite stores, definitely grab it, its worth it's weight in gold!

There are 4 varieties here (left to right - Reaper, Moruga, Choc Brazillian Ghost, 7 Pot Douglah). The plants closer to the greenhouse are using that other mix, the ones closer to the camera are using Terrazilla:

2015_09_18_14_58_30.jpg

Here the Terrazilla plants are on the right, and the other ones are on the left:

2015_09_18_14_58_55.jpg

FireFlyNZ said:
Greenhouse is far too tidy mate, need to throw so more plants in there. lol
lol yeah.I am going to re pot all the rest of my plants in the next day or so then she will be choka

SentencedToBurn said:
DUDE! Man your setup blows me away everytime. I'm setting up a wall-mounted hydro setup for this winter in my greenhouse so will try do it as tidy as yours.
Ha.It always starts out tidy but by the end not so much  :)

SentencedToBurn said:
I have about 30 plants that I grew for my daughter's calf club, have packed them all up today and got them ready and noticed something. The plants that were growing in Terrazilla potting mix (from the old SOG stores, there are no online references to that anywhere) are about a time and a half larger than the ones that were growing in the other potting mix you get from SOG (again I forgot the name, it's a white bag with yellow/brown label from memory). Terrazilla was sold out so I used that other stuff. Also the Terrazilla plants are much darker than the other ones.

I didn't use any ferts when watering, they all god the same amount of light and water, and temperature was the same. They were even mixed in with each other so they werent sitting in groups. The only way I can tell is that there are big chunks of pumice in the Terrazilla mix so thats how I was able to separate them.

So look at the pics, and if you find Terrazilla at Hyalite stores, definitely grab it, its worth it's weight in gold!

There are 4 varieties here (left to right - Reaper, Moruga, Choc Brazillian Ghost, 7 Pot Douglah). The plants closer to the greenhouse are using that other mix, the ones closer to the camera are using Terrazilla:

2015_09_18_14_58_30.jpg

Here the Terrazilla plants are on the right, and the other ones are on the left:

2015_09_18_14_58_55.jpg
looking good man, the average size of your plants are way bigger than mine! Your off to a really good start. Iv been really lazy and have just left many of my small plants outside to fend for themselves and I think the cold nights have been slowing them down.
Iv got a few overwinters coming back to life as well though  :)

Fellas, I have some free shit to give away. My mate has hooked me up a bunch of nutes for my hydro setup.

Ideally you gotta be able to pick it up, but I can courier it over, you'll just need to chuck some $ into my account, I'm not sure how much it'll cost to send, I would assume up to $30 or there abouts if its a couple of kilos, I havent couriered stuff that I had to pay for in a while so not sure about the rates.

Here is what I have, let me know what you want -  Bloom and Foliage Pro I don't have too many spares left as I gave a few to a couple of mates already, so have about 2 spares of each of those, the other two (Grow and Orchid pro) I have about 5 spares of each.

So let me know what you want - pick up from Wattle Downs, Auckland.

2015_10_12_18_41_11.jpg

SentencedToBurn said:
Fellas, I have some free shit to give away. My mate has hooked me up a bunch of nutes for my hydro setup.

Ideally you gotta be able to pick it up, but I can courier it over, you'll just need to chuck some $ into my account, I'm not sure how much it'll cost to send, I would assume up to $30 or there abouts if its a couple of kilos, I havent couriered stuff that I had to pay for in a while so not sure about the rates.

Here is what I have, let me know what you want -  Bloom and Foliage Pro I don't have too many spares left as I gave a few to a couple of mates already, so have about 2 spares of each of those, the other two (Grow and Orchid pro) I have about 5 spares of each.

So let me know what you want - pick up from Wattle Downs, Auckland.

2015_10_12_18_41_11.jpg

What a good c**t.
Would it be rude if I said id be keen on one of each? (never used before so I dont know whats what) i could pick it up and take you for a ride in the 7 which got back from the dyno last week  :hell:

Haha no problem dude, have 1 of each man. I can show you my setup too.

Very keen to go for a spin man! I'm around Saturday arvo and probably most Sunday trying to tune my 253 haha. I'll PM you the address

SentencedToBurn said:
Haha no problem dude, have 1 of each man. I can show you my setup too.

Very keen to go for a spin man! I'm around Saturday arvo and probably most Sunday trying to tune my 253 haha. I'll PM you the address
Thanks again for the nutes mate, was good to meet you, and really cool (and impressive) to see your setup. You have some really nice plants, they will be monsters come summer!

On another note, I decided to make my first in-ground garden...iv already got too many pots everywhere(and many of them are different so looks a bit ugly), and they just arnt quite big enough..so figured id make an in-ground garden to give plants lots of space..
Was a bit of a mission claiming back the ground with nothing but a spade, fork and a rake..but I got there in the end (after a few beers). Was just a patch of grass when I started :)

IMG_2549_zpsoplniuv3.jpg

IMG_2546_zpseioxm9nw.jpg

IMG_2550_zpsmjedemnz.jpg

IMG_2551_zpsgbgs1zav.jpg

IMG_2558_zpsvg528nli.jpg

I dug it pretty deep, a good 45cm I reckon...I broke up all the dirt, added a bunch of pumice, added some compost, blood & bone, trace elements, sheep pellets and nitrophoska...will interesting to see how it goes compared to my pots / raised beds... Ill let it sit for a couple of weeks while my plants grow a bit bigger before planting anything in there.. 

Man that looks good! Great job!

Just in time for labour day weekend when you're apparently supposed to plant everything out although i can never wait that long.

Back