• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Last Great Pizza Thread

'Bout time we had a thread for all those that make their own dough and sauce. Too many good cooks on THP to let something as magnificent as that king of foods, pizza go unnoticed on this forum. This thread however comes with some rules to post...

1) Make your own dough and post the recipe. Thin crust. Whole wheat. Foccacia. NY or Chicago style. Naan....your choice!

2) Make your own sauce and post the recipe. Red. White. Olive oil w/ garlic. Whatever gets your mojo workin'!

3) Mandatory that it brings teh heat. Habs. Serrano's. Bhut's. T-Scorps. Fatalli. Hot sauce's and puree's will qualify. Using wimp sauce's such as Tabasco Brand or Franks will
be ridiculed with extreme prejudice and boooooed heavily!

4) Toppings can be anything. Pepperoni. Avocado. Greek olives. Pulled pork. If it came out of the ground or walked, swam or crawled, its all cool and the gang!

5) Bake them in the oven on a sheet pan. In cast iron. A pizza stone. On the grill. Got a wood fired pizza oven? Have mercy!

6) Pics are mandatory! Anyone can talk smack about it but put up or shut up. No pics? It never happened and ridiculing and boooooing will follow. Capiche?

Alright ya'll, lets get it on.....

This ain't no quishe hombre...
I know this because I didn't get DQ'd from the TD.
In fact. I won this one.

1ecba94e.jpg

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
05d2420e.jpg
[/background]

Is that a real check? (Can't tell on my phone) If so you better edit out the account number and routing number so nobody taps into your account.

Internet Rule #1A, paragrapgh 1: Section1A, Line 1:

NEVER POST ANYTHING FINANCIAL ON THE INTERNET.

Thanks SJ for the heads up, but that was done as a joke a year ago, and I got the check from google.
It's a sample check with The account number "0123456789. 98765432".

I hear that Booma! I was going to try and take a pizza hiatus, but then I realized tomorrow's Friday, I have fresh mozz in the fridge, fresh basil on the window sill, and suddenly visions of pepperoni started dancing in my head......:heavysigh:

Sounds perfect.

If i had an endless supply of firewood i woould almost be eating pizza, calzones, quiche????? every single night i think

All good tips on temp. I used to bake my pizzas at like 350F, and wondered why it was like chewing playdoh.

But what about oven rack placement when using higher temps? Bottom, middle, or top? I'd say bottom?

Depends on your oven. If you have a broiler element in the oven chamber than I would place it on the top rack.
That way you can finish preheating with the broiler on and start cracking 600F. :P

-Peter

So - I tried out StupidJerk's pizza dough recipe last night! My first time making dō by hand, and abandoning my bread machine.

WOW!!!! That's a keeper!!!! Thanks SJ!!!!!!! That was FUN!!!!!

sorry no pics....the wine gremlins stole the camera....... :(

your eyes are terrible. i clearly see anytown, a 555 phone number and yourtown

I see that now. Haha. I was on the mobile site and couldn't zoom. I saw someone do this on facebook once and they had no idea that posting those numbers = immediately getting your account drained.

So - I tried out StupidJerk's pizza dough recipe last night! My first time making dō by hand, and abandoning my bread machine.

WOW!!!! That's a keeper!!!! Thanks SJ!!!!!!! That was FUN!!!!!

sorry no pics....the wine gremlins stole the camera....... :(

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Made a dozen or so pizzas this afternoon, got a few pics when i remembered to, will post pics tomoz.

Funny how, I've been trying a new dough recipe every time I make pizza. This time round it was the Americana dough. Suppose to be a little denser, and chewier. Also holds a lot more toppings. Everyone who ate this preferred it over all the over doughs I have used so far, I on the other hand rated it lower hmmmmm oh well.

Simple dough, high heat = the above. A good dough can make a pizza.

These pizzas were all done prior to building my pizza oven. Done on a Pizza Stone, highest heat on the oven, heated for say an hour, good to go.

SDC10218.JPG

SDC10238.JPG

SDC10239.JPG

SDC10243.JPG

SDC10250.JPG

SDC10339.JPG

Damn dude. Do you have 15 guests every night? Or are you FAT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Love those pizzas!

Haha bit of both, lots of guests usually. Was fat haha, but somehow dropped all the extra kgs and eat pizza more than ever

Back