• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The Moruga Project

Took I agree about over-watering, that didn't hurt the other plants.

I'm not sure about that - they probably look healthier with less water... If you can't provide 4 optimal conditions above ground I'd do my best to optimize the variables below ground - that's mostly in your hands.

Also make sure to get some myco into the roots when up potting - this will provide you with more margin of error in the future

Best of luck
Al

Keep the input coming guys. Put the 25 out at 11:30 today, will bring back in a few hours from now. I'll keep it up for a week before I feel safe about them being out all the time for a week, then it's into whatever containers I decide on for them.

You should see a big difference once they accept the sunlight and are use to it.

+1
I agree, but be careful and go slower than some of us who have been using brighter lights. As you know, your lights are very dim vs. what a lot of us have been using. Sunlight will be a real shock to your plants.

Put them out around 8:30 this morning at around 50 degrees in the shade. It's 10:30 and every once in a while I look at the shadow growing shorter and hearing Jaws music for when the light hits them... or like "Pitch Black" if you've seen it.

Hey- I know I turned out a lousy farmer, at least I made you laugh!

Put them out around 8:30 this morning at around 50 degrees in the shade. It's 10:30 and every once in a while I look at the shadow growing shorter and hearing Jaws music for when the light hits them... or like "Pitch Black" if you've seen it.

Hey- I know I turned out a lousy farmer, at least I made you laugh!

not a bad farmer at all ... but there def. is a learning curve to all .... my guess is that your next batch of peppers will be way ahead of the curve

take care, Al

It's up to the plants at this point. The leaves are getting sunburned and die off but new leaves are coming in fast... it's a fight to stay alive- whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

And yes, this has been a learning experience.

Looks like your doing ok to me, I too go by what doesnt kill you will make you stronger, been doing that for 30 years, I lose some of the weaker ones, but those that make it grow stronger and put out pods like crazy.
I've got a few that lost all their leaves from sun burn and died at the top, but they are already putting on new leaves, Some of my extra ones will be in my stress test experiment this year to see if the pods turn out hotter than the ones that are babied. some will have their leaves stripped along with splitting the trunk and limbs to give them as much stress as I can with out killing the plants.
Should make for a fun season if it will just warm up and stay that way.

Some of you guys are being too hard on the guy.

Your plants don't "look very sad". Are they leggy? Yes. Are they perfect? No, but as a first effort with minimal supplies, they are fine. Take a look at Bonnie plants that they sell everywhere. Yours are just as good if not better than those.

Don't let those guys discourage you. It takes time to master anything. Your doing fine so far.

Here's one of the milk crates:

At least they're not dead, but they're all weathered by now. BTW a cube milk carton holds 16, 20 oz. soda bottles or 9, 2-liter bottles.

By contrast, here are the sweet red peppers, which were grown in the same conditions:

I'm telling you guys- the moruga pepper is too raw... it needs to be selectively breeded and cultivated like commercial fruit seeds are.

There is nothing wrong with the morouga pepper, not even sure what "too raw" means. When you harden your plants off to the sun you start with less than an hour the first time then gradually increase the amount of time they're exposed. Another tip is don't water the leaves if they're in the sun, the water droplets turn into a magnifying glass and burn holes in the leaves.

About your farming skills don't be too hard on yourself but you need to learn to take advice when given to you.

Yes- I needed to confirm my theory that water drops during sunlight don't cause leaves to burn. PS- it was raining when I took the pic.

Back