• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The most tasty/unique peppers

Red jalapenos, rocoto , fresno and i hear that the ajis all have a great taste but its my first year growing them and havent got any ripe ones! Had a bishop crown last year and didnt liked it as there was no heat at all! How can i get Some of that allepo seeds? Any one in for a trade ? Im in europe! Grtz

I love me some Thai and this thing called Joyner's mystery wine :) lemon drops, Bahamian Goats and 7 Pot Burgundy

One of my new favorites this year is a F1 Giant Jalapeno x Thai Red

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I love me some Thai and this thing called Joyner's mystery wine :) lemon drops, Bahamian Goats and 7 Pot Burgundy

One of my new favorites this year is a F1 Giant Jalapeno x Thai Red
I'm down for some F1 / Thai seeds :)

Bolivian Rainbow is a beautiful plant. The peppers may be a little on the hot side for you but they are small so dice them up for sauces or salsa! They have a wonderful flavor.  I am growing some really great medium heat peppers I found in a grocery store. Unfortunately I have no idea what they are called as they are labelled "long red/yellow". I'd be happy to send you some seeds.

Indiana_Jesse said:
Aji amarillo (ripe), Aji Cristal (unripe), Ripe Jalapenos (home grown), Orange Habanero (home grown), Chiltepins, Fatalii, to name a very few....but there are so many flavors out there!
Why unripe Aji Cristal? I have just tried a ripe one and it was AMAZING,
Jerry

Delta said:
Bolivian Rainbow is a beautiful plant. The peppers may be a little on the hot side for you but they are small so dice them up for sauces or salsa! They have a wonderful flavor.  I am growing some really great medium heat peppers I found in a grocery store. Unfortunately I have no idea what they are called as they are labelled "long red/yellow". I'd be happy to send you some seeds.
Delta, could post a pic do they resemble Jalapenos or Hungarian Wax?  

Bolivian Rainbow

10428040_10152191281075723_2495616092815689940_n.jpg

I agree with ajijoe on the seasoning peppers.

But for me the best tasting peppers are bishop's crown and red rocoto.

gfinnil said:
Why unripe Aji Cristal? I have just tried a ripe one and it was AMAZING,
Jerry
Ripe meaning red? I personally like them better when they are still yellow(ish), the flavor and aroma is great.

Delta said:
Bolivian Rainbow

10428040_10152191281075723_2495616092815689940_n.jpg
Where is the best place to get seeds from? Hippy Seed Co or Semillas? I have been wanting to add this one on my 2015 grow list, but tentative on ordering overseas

I find C. chinense Limón unique among the other C. chinense in my garden in terms of growth habit and the taste of the fruit. I'll throw in another good word for Bahamian Goat Pepper too.

outlaw said:
Where is the best place to get seeds from? Hippy Seed Co or Semillas? I have been wanting to add this one on my 2015 grow list, but tentative on ordering overseas
915river has Bolivian Rainbow listed among the Ornamental section on his rainbowchiliseeds.com site.

Delta's plant though looks different to the Bolivian Rainbow photos I can see about. The description from CCN's chileplants.com listing of Bolivian Rainbow mentions dark green leaves not purple leaves and the fruit tips are pointy rather than rounded. The photo of Bolivian Rainbow in the semillas.de listing and the photo in thehippyseedco's listing also shows pointy rather than rounded fruit.

Update: there's a Bolivian Rainbow on fataliiseeds.net that to my eye is a match for Delta's plant.

Yellow jellybean. This has the most citrus taste of any pepper I have eaten and also has a lots of heat for a pepper that looks like a lemon head but a little smaller.

Red ripe Jalapeños both lower heat and great flavour .... both prerequisites of the original question.
If you feel like venturing up a notch or 2 or 3 you could look at Cili Goronong, Bahamian Goat, Scotch Bonnet or a nice Trinidad red habenero

I would say either El Oro Del Ecuador, a nice orange Baccatum. Or as an alternative a Bahamian Goat Pepper. Loads of taste in a Chinense.

If you don't mind the heat, Caribbean Red Habaneros have a very unique flavor and aroma, very different from your typical Habanero flavor.

Back