• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talkin' to you Sgt. Sausage...

texas_blues_stripping.jpg

MM wins today...

:rofl:

muskymojo said:
Well, at least I didn't fall in...
Too soon? :rofl:
Ouch!!! :) :)
grantmichaels said:
I can't imagine ever making more than five lbs of any one meat, so an effective manual solution is probably fine, especially since I can leverage the grinding aspect of the kitchenaid ...
Someone liking their kitchenaid stuffer attachment would be great news ;)
I use mine and love it that's my go to machine. Why you've had problems?

The Hot Pepper said:

I'm talkin' to you Sgt. Sausage...

Sgt. Sausage.

I like that name.

I'd like it better if I was General Sausage or maybe even Senator Sausage.

Or simply refer to me as Senor Sausage.

Othern' that joke...

I got nothin'.

texas blues said:
Onliest sausage's I like to be liking I can't make as good as I can buy.
Which would be Hungarian Kolbase, Spanish Chorizo, or Mexican Chorizo.
When I get the crave on, I usually go with San Manuel from Edinburgh, TX.
The pork is the best commercial I've ever had and it rocks!
It rocks indeed.

First off, I completely and utterly don't believe that you can't make sausage better'n any commercial version. No sir. No way.

Second, go to Shiner. Bring a cooler and some ice. Find a deli/meat market there, where they make and sell sausage and other assorted stuffs, including pickles. They will not disappoint.
Third, go to Gruene (pronounced like the color.) Take your bride tubing on the river then go to the restaurant that looks much like a log cabin and get yo'sef some steak. Deeeee-lish!

So can you have a butcher grind the meat and you stuff the casings or do you have to grind it? I can see if one of my friends has one but I'm not gonna buy a grinder just for this. I'd never use it.

No no buying ground meat is fine... you have to make the sausage though, not have the butcher do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back