• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tctenten said:
I don't get this part. I would prefer more time.

It's secret ingredient/Chopped style, you don't drop hints or ask for suggestions on the ingredients, have you seen the show? They use what is in the basket and don't suggest those. The point is to throw them off. Of course you will have time to shop, but Salty was dropping hints before decided that's all.

Not saying Salty did not consider any suggestions ;) but not hints till announced.

Shorely you understand. :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
It's secret ingredient/Chopped style, you don't drop hints or ask for suggestions on the ingredients, have you seen the show? They use what is in the basket and don't suggest those. The point is to throw them off. Of course you will have time to shop, but Salty was dropping hints before decided that's all.

Not saying Salty did not consider any suggestions ;) but not hints till announced.

Shorely you understand. :lol:
Yes I am aware of the show.... But they have a fully stocked basket and pantry. Shall I send you my address for my basket of ingredients?

Shorely you understand that some/most of us work and would prefer to have a bit more notice to shop.

Where did I say you had no notice to shop? I told Salty not to drop hints before it's decided as a list. Then all that happens is people complain about the one ingredient, before it's even announced, which makes Salty want to change his mind. There's a process here.

The Hot Pepper said:
Where did I say you had no notice to shop? I told Salty not to drop hints before it's decided as a list. Then all that happens is people complain about the one ingredient, before it's even announced, which makes Salty want to change his mind. There's a process here.
Understood...and it's all good. I always try to enter and make a go of it.

Personally, sometimes it is hard with my schedule to fit everything in and some more advanced notice would be appreciated.

images%201_zps9sggtob5.jpg

I'm just gonna grin and bare it. I figure we have lots of crazy markets around us. I'm looking forward to REPURPOSING something. Like maybe making a steak out of peanutbutter or some other crazy shit.

The Hot Pepper said:
Salty is working on the list, he has total control. Can't wait to see what he comes up with. So far I like what he has.
I somehow missed the TD section when I joined this site last year. I ran into the last one on Monday early morning, after it was over. Not like I have a chance of winning, but I'm looking forward to contributing this time. There are some seriously good cooks that are members on THP!

WOOT!  Right On, TGCM!!!!

(that's the 2nd time in as many minutes I've used your name abbreviation! :lol:)

Just jump on in, you never know who will win!  It has happened that first time TD entries have won! 

and then there is the other one who entered 23 times before they won, but then went on to win..like...17 in a row! :lol: 

salsalady said:
WOOT!  Right On, TGCM!!!!

(that's the 2nd time in as many minutes I've used your name abbreviation! :lol:)

Just jump on in, you never know who will win!  It has happened that first time TD entries have won! 

and then there is the other one who entered 23 times before they won, but then went on to win..like...17 in a row! :lol: 
Hahahaha! Sorry for the long name, but I thought it would be appropriate when signing up. When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me bed time stories about the green chile monster, and the glass of milk was always the hero. New Mexico...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back