• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
50 gallons...

7061.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
The lottery is ready!

PM me a number 1-100 NOW!

First 10 to PM are in the SHOWDOWN! Results listed after all PMs sent.

Only PM if you are 100% going to enter the June Burger Throwdown.
Do not share your number, thanks.

The Showdown will be a 5 category head-to head burger TD.
There will also be an Anything Goes Burger TD that anyone can enter (except Showdowners).
The Showdown is LOCKED! If a new PM is sent it is an alternate only. :) Deets soon.

Scoville DeVille said:
Also, I don't think folks in the Showdown should be allowed to post in the "Anything Goes" category. One or the other but you choose. This sounds really harsh after I typed it out. I didn't mean it that way. 

Just my 2¢

I disagree with this, but feel they shouldn't be allowed to use the same burger/type of burger they entered into the showdown. 

Already been stated:

"The Showdown will be a 5 category head-to head burger TD.
There will also be an Anything Goes Burger TD that anyone can enter (except Showdowners)."

Will post Showdown results in a bit. :)

I think the lottery played out very well! This is a great matchup! First things first.
  • Please do not discuss your plans. We should not see any of this coming.
  • If you have a question about the Showdown please send a PM. If clarification is needed it will be added publicly, or the challenger will be notified via PM to keep it fair, unless it is simple clarification as to not give your idea away.
  • You should try not to mimic another category unless it is truly essential to your creation and allowed in the category. In other words, don't do a stuffed burger unless your category is Stuffed.
  • As always every creation must have a hot pepper element.
  • There will be Proof of Life, do not start! :)
The THP 11th (oops 12th haha) Anniversary Burger Showdown Throwdown June 3-5

Showdown
  • Beef - hot stuff v. tctenten - Patty/s must be all beef (any cuts) no fats, fillers, other proteins. Your traditional patty but everything else is up to you.
  • Non-Beef - JoynersHotPeppers v. Student of Spice - Entire burger must not contain any beef whatsoever.
  • Non-Traditional Bun - Ozzy2001 v. Scoville DeVille - The traditional bun must be replaced by anything not resembling a bun, roll, english muffin, etc. Think outside the box and this element must be from scratch or modified (transformed from original state).
  • Stuffed - grantmichaels v. wheebz - Patty/s must be stuffed.
  • Extreme - D3monic v. JayT - This burger must be extreme in size (not necessarily patty size, but overall burger) and/or in heat. This is a true chilihead eating challenge burger, within reason, as one you may order at a burger restaurant, but there is a waiver to sign or a prize for finishing. The challenge is not for most extreme, but best extreme burger and you may lean in one direction of extreme; heat/size, or consider both equally.
(This is a challenge, please do not back out if it does not suit you and challenge yourself! Thanks)

5 crowns awarded

Throwdown
  • Anything Goes Burger Throwdown per usual, anyone can enter except those in the Showdown.
1 crown awarded

This will be a 7-day poll, 48 hours plus 24 for each category.

BEST BURGER OF THP

Once the poll has ended, the 6 winners will go into a new 48 hour poll to determine the best burger of THP!

1 crown awarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back