• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayT said:
Who is this Bocleetus you keep talking about?

He's a guy I know that works as a carny and puts on pig wrasslin' exuh bitchin's.

Comes by the house ever once in a while bearing gifts of beer.

But not when mrs. blues is around.

Because of the restraining order.

His notion of what flatbread is is running over a loaf of wonder bread in his pickup truck.

Plumb loco.

Lets get this party started.

I gotz bakin' teh do.

At least gimme' the POL por favor.

Don't make me beg.

: gets down on one knee :

Just tying my shoe.

THIS FRIDAY thru SUNDAY is CINCO DE MOLE!

You can prepare ANY Mexican/Aztec/Mayan or inspired dish as long as it has a homemade mole sauce! Exact ingredients will be needed for the mole.

The Hot Pepper said:
THIS FRIDAY thru SUNDAY is CINCO DE MOLE!

Exact ingredients will be needed for the mole.

1 Fresh Jalapeño
2 oz. Agave Tequila
½ Fresh Lime

Cut Jap and lime into chuncks, add to shaker with tequila and muddle like you've never muddled before.
Shake with ice and strain into a small glass.
I call this the "Pendejo" and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but to get your Molé on, a few of these will rock you and your Molé. Trust.

Fusion is allowed IF the mole is authentic (the key elements exist and it is not adulterated beyond recognition as mole). So no fused mole! Then it ain't mole! But you can mole up whatever you want, or keep it all authentic. And you can doctor the mole to fit the dish but not beyond the point of being mole!

My mouth waters when I think of mole poblano chicken wings, and makes me wonder why I've never thought of that before! No I am not doing that, but someone should.

Wow, this one could be epic.

That's my only example, Sum hates that, lol.

Pork Baby Back Ribs would be fantastic also.

I once made my traditional Mole sauce then simmered prawns in it instead of Chicken. CJ still begs me to do that again. It was really good but I prefer chicken.

The Hot Pepper said:
My mouth waters when I think of mole poblano chicken wings, and makes me wonder why I've never thought of that before! No I am not doing that, but someone should.
Remember this? May be helpful for anyone looking for ideas.

Scovie's Mole BBQ Sauce.

3/4 C. Ketchup
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 Tbs Espresso powder
1 Tbs Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs Mole asses
1-1/2 tsp French's Yellow Mustard
1-1/2 tsp Worchestershetchire Sauce
3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbs Pasilla Ancho Powder
1 Tbs grated Mexican Chocolate