• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest The Next Throwdown is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy_zpsb2iyprpy.gif

Rymerpt said:
Let's see here.
Hmmmmmm.
Maybe
1) pork belly
2) peanutbutter
3) pickles (how could you not have pickles)?
4) anchovies
Well?
You could make one hell of a mess :rofl:
YIKES were'd you get my pork belly recipe :)

Old Salty's Falldown (heh heh) Throwdown

This will be Chopped style. This means we give you ingredients that you must use in their entirety as part of the course. Remember that when given a "prepared" ingredient, deconstruction/re-purposing/incorporation is encouraged and not just putting it on the plate.

Salty's Basket:
(If you want to wait to peek, feel free.)
  • Pork Belly (Not bacon, actual pork belly. We ask you buy raw pork belly but if all you can find is cooked or cured, that is fine, but not labeled bacon. Even Wal-Mart has pork belly products but hopefully you can get a nice cut somewhere. Asian markets have.)
  • Shrimp (Any except "prepared products", so fresh or frozen shrimp, but not fried shrimp products like popcorn shrimp, etc.)
  • Pickles (Any style of store-bought or homemade pickled cucumbers.)
  • Tater Tots (Potato gems, etc., not homemade, the point is to work from a prepared product, frozen bag or cooked, fine.)
  • Cabbage (Any one style head of cabbage, raw.)

Pookie's Mystery Ingredient:
  • Salty must be on the same playing field as everyone else so I will add one ingredient myself. This ingredient is easily found and can be bought at a gas station, 7-11, supermarket, etc. I will announce this closer to the TD, but I promise it is READILY available. There has to be some mystery!!!!!
The rules, requirements, and pantry will not be announced until the TD so do not ask. Remember this is Chopped style, so at least that part is secret. But you will have all the ingredients that's why we announce them early. So shop and wait for the TD to inspire you! :)

The Hot Pepper said:

This will be Chopped style. This means we give you ingredients that you must use in their entirety as part of the course. Remember that when given a "prepared" ingredient, deconstruction/re-purposing/incorporation is encouraged and not just putting it on the plate.

Salty's Basket:
(If you want to wait to peek, feel free.)
  • Pork Belly (Not bacon, actual pork belly. We ask you buy raw pork belly but if all you can find is cooked or cured, that is fine, but not labeled bacon. Even Wal-Mart has pork belly products but hopefully you can get a nice cut somewhere. Asian markets have.)
  • Shrimp (Any except "prepared products", so fresh or frozen shrimp, but not fried shrimp products like popcorn shrimp, etc.)
  • Pickles (Any style of store-bought or homemade pickled cucumbers.)
  • Tater Tots (Potato gems, etc., not homemade, the point is to work from a prepared product, frozen bag or cooked, fine.)
  • Cabbage (Any one style head of cabbage, raw.)

Pookie's Mystery Ingredient:
  • Salty must be on the same playing field as everyone else so I will add one ingredient myself. This ingredient is easily found and can be bought at a gas station, 7-11, supermarket, etc. I will announce this closer to the TD, but I promise it is READILY available. There has to be some mystery!!!!!
The rules, requirements, and pantry will not be announced until the TD so do not ask. Remember this is Chopped style, so at least that part is secret. But you will have all the ingredients that's why we announce them early. So shop and wait for the TD to inspire you!  :)
Think the FallDown would be hysterical for this one. Salty approves this message!!!

This is diabolical...

Salty, you're a very, very bad man!

The Hot Pepper said:

Boss, will we have 30 minutes or less?  :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back