• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

"The Scovie Chronic-le"

salsalady said:
 "..know when to leave 'em..."  :lol:

Isn't that a line from the chorus of that song "The Card Player" by Kirby Robbis?

You hafta know when to keep 'em,
know when to leave 'em,
know when to stroll away,
know when to do so faster.
You never add up your chips when you and your buddies are still playing cards.
You can do that later, when you're done playing cards.

I love me some Kirby Robbis. ;)

What do you expect from navy jets. They're filled with seamen.

7ACC4406-35E3-4553-B880-DEEEE3191C5B.jpeg

apparently....and I have not verified this with Huffington Post....some local 'someones' filed a law suit against the Naval air station on Whidbey Island for a noise complaint.  The pilots have been flying training missions over the methow/okanogan for decades, it is a listed and acknowledged flight path, and local people (usually those who move into the area) still complain about the infrequent noise.

The naval air station won the law suit.  Guess that was a big FU to Okanogan/methow from NAS Whidbey!  

Personally, I love to see the planes.  Knowing the men and women training above my home could and probably will be putting their asses on the line to save mine (and all the rest of our collective asses), Have at it, boys and girls! 

I lived on Whidbey for 15 years. I spent a lot of time watching the touch and go's at NAS Whidbey O.L.F. and it was awesome. That said, I never experienced their flying habits on Whidbey like I have here in Twisp. It's not even close to the same experience. They do tail-stands in small circles over head for hours and it drills into your brain. I have had to take business calls to my bedroom and put a pillow over my head just to have a conversation. It pisses me off. And trying to have a conversation outside with someone face to face, forget anout it unless you shout to each other.

People call NAS Whidbey all the time to complain and now these fly boys are drawing penises in the sky as retaliation. "Respect your military", "thank a vet", "thank you for your service" etc etc etc where's the respect drawing penises in the sky? It's something an 8year old draws on the bathroom wall, and in my day, if I got caught doing it, there would be hell to pay. They could have drawn a smiley face or a flower or just about anything else but now mothers are left to explain to their four year old daughter what that thing is in the sky. I sure hope if these pilots are willing to do this over our own people that they might draw the line when they are flying over foreign soil. Drawing penises over Afghanistan would not be cool at all. Major disrespect. The fact that the Navy grounded these pilots prove that they were in the wrong. It wasn't just their superiors that reprimanded these pilots, it came down from the Vice Admiral.

Not one time in all my years on Whidbey did I have a flyover that was just above the tree tops. Unless you live within a mile of the airstrip, you won't be subjected to those behaviors. Even when they are doing T&G's, it's highly regulated and for short periods at a time. Over here, there's no one watching them and they know it pisses us off so they get there jollies irritating us even more. I don't really mind the flyovers ONCE IN AWHILE, but when you can see them just sitting there on their tails, not hardly moving so their jets are pointed down, for hours, I take serious issue with that.

Imagine this all day long rattling your windows. Yeah, it's cool to see at an airshow but after 2 hours of it it tends to make you want to kill something.

https://youtu.be/eNXMmf2XCLM

salsalady said:
apparently....and I have not verified this with Huffington Post....

Oh lord, HSL.....I hope that you're not going to the Huffington Post for your "news".....

:shocked:

I'll just assume that was part of the craziness of your comment!!

When I lived in Lincoln I was right next to their air force base. They would do that all day as well. But I was a kid so I enjoyed it. They got in trouble for doing a flyby and shattered a bunch of peoples windows. Every day was like being at an airshow. 

When I was a kid we vacationed at Virginia Beach just south of Norfolk Naval Base.  I thought it was so awesome to see the battleships and the fighter jets doing maneuvers.  Sometimes they would fly the coastline so low that the water would shoot up in their wake.  I couldn't imagine living with it every day though.  Here we have A-10s fly over in pairs sometimes, but that's only once in a while.

paulky_2000 said:

Oh lord, HSL.....I hope that you're not going to the Huffington Post for your "news".....

:shocked:

I'll just assume that was part of the craziness of your comment!!

just a little sarcasm there, don't worry. ;)   I only believe reliable sources like wikileaks, CNN and National Enquirer.

I heard the giant sky penis made it on Jimmy Kimmel.  Gonna have to try and find that one! 

(OR Jimmy Fallon???)

hogleg said:
From now on I'll hear "The Penis in the Sky Keeps on Burning"

I BLAME YOU ANN!!! :rofl:  :rofl:
  :rofl:  

Don't think they make enough topical medication to take care of that!

And PS- Leave Anal ARNEL out of this!!!!

:lol:

Back