• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Subway Foot-long Face-off Challenge

So who's all in this then? Too lazy to read the 5 or 6 pages I missed. Biz will be in once he heres about the mayo goin in the prize pool!

3 confirmed. A couple of "most likely" statements - I guess we'll have 5-6 contestants before all's said & done

I think Biz is slow playing it - he's measuring up the competition. Heh

So I was at the store today and happened to be wandering through the produce aisle when I saw a pitiful excuse for a pile of orange chilis in a bin. On a whim I dug through them and found a few good ones. Now I have 15 habanero peppers that I have no idea what I'm going to do with. Any suggestions?

So I was at the store today and happened to be wandering through the produce aisle when I saw a pitiful excuse for a pile of orange chilis in a bin. On a whim I dug through them and found a few good ones. Now I have 15 habanero peppers that I have no idea what I'm going to do with. Any suggestions?

In theory you could take them and load 8 of them onto a sandwich like this.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

You could then, hypothetically, eat said sandwich. You could then find out that 7 habaneros is definitely your limit, even with all the bread and meaty goodness to help soak up some of the peppers. Throw the last two bites of sandwich away, then crawl under your desk at work and try not to cry.

(All characters and events described above are of a fictitious nature and in now way influenced my decision to decline entering this contest. The events described most definitely did not just occur during my lunchbreak.)

By the way, I decided I cannot enter this contest due to objection from my lawyer, so instead I would like to throw in some prizes!

In theory you could take them and load 8 of them onto a sandwich like this.

Untitled by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

You could then, hypothetically, eat said sandwich. You could then find out that 7 habaneros is definitely your limit, even with all the bread and meaty goodness to help soak up some of the peppers. Throw the last two bites of sandwich away, then crawl under your desk at work and try not to cry.

(All characters and events described above are of a fictitious nature and in now way influenced my decision to decline entering this contest. The events described most definitely did not just occur during my lunchbreak.)

By the way, I decided I cannot enter this contest due to objection from my lawyer, so instead I would like to throw in some prizes!

I see the problem.

No mayo...

Bahahahahaha!!!

GPS - thank you for your contribution - I'll update now!

8 sponsors, 3 contestants. Something is wrong with that picture.

Hopefully the 2-3 who are at 90% confirm participation before Monday at midnight.
:cheers:

Seriously, if I (hypothetically) made it halfway through the challenge, then most people around here should have NO trouble with eating 15 habs. I don't go nearly as crazy with the peppers as most people around here do.

To all of the people "lurking" on this thread, you need to sign up and give it a shot!

Updated prize list:

1st
· 1 LDHS T-Shirt (Women's S-M-L Or Men's S-M-L-Xl
· 1 LDHS Women's "Babydoll" T (S-M-L)
· 3-Pack Of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce
· 1 Bottle Of Redhawk Premium Peppers Sauce (Winner's Choice)
· 2 Bottles Of Sweet Spicy Girl
· 1 Sicman's Powders T-Shirt!
· 1 Oz Sicman's Powder
· 1 Bottle Of Texas Creek Pure Evil (2012, No Tin)
· 14g Shaker Jar Of Joyner's Powder
· 1 Bottle Of Knepper's Tongue Wrapper
· 1 Oz Musky's Smoked Powder Mix
· 3oz. Scovie Powder
· 1 oz of Smoked Bhut powder from Ghost Pepper Store

2nd
· 3-Pack Of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce
· 1 Vial Of Redhawk Premium Peppers Pain Powder
· 1 Bottle Of Davez Sweet Spicy Girl
· 1/2 Oz Sicman's Powder
· 1 bottle Texas Creek Ghost Fire
· 14g Bag Of Joyner's Powder
· 1 Bottle Of Knepper's Seventh Circle
· 1/2 Oz Musky's Smoked Powder Mix

3rd
· 1 Bottle Of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce – Winner's Choice
· 1 Bottle Of Davez Sweet Spicy Girl
· 1/2 Oz Sicman's Powder
· 1 Bottle Of Habermelon
· 1/2 Oz Musky's Smoked Powder Mix
· Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders Sample

As of right now, all 3 contestants are guaranteed one of these prizes.

The fun part is when more folks sign up and remove that guarantee.
:woohoo:

I bought 25 habaneros last night. I know my tolerance isn't as high as most people here either. I'm going to have to do a practice run (no, not without my hands) because I've only ever eaten 2 or 3 raw habs at once, in a greek salad. So I'll hopefully have an answer for you some time this weekend.

I agree, do NOT do a practice run, there really is no point to it. All it proved to me was:
  1. I am a big wuss
  2. You should not try this while on the clock
  3. Some one should have been watching this nightmare
Just go for it. Heck, even if you only get through 3 habs you still might get enough votes to win one of these awesome prize packages.

OK, just double checked my life insurance and as I'm all paid up, count me in. For the entertainment of the viewing audience, understand that the hotest thing I've ever eaten is the fire sauce on my taco bell crunchwrap and that I will be ignorantly stumbling into territory I have no business being in. This will rank very high in the Youtube epic idiocy hall of fame.

maybe fried chicken will bring more entries?

1. tumblr_m8om554t5o1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Back