The Super Chili Head

Currently there are 3 dried Bhuts and a Red 7 pot in the bottle.

How long should I leave it to reach maximum heat?

5411930015_c546a2e94e_b.jpg

The Chili Head Shot
5416997821_451ee45cb4_z.jpg

Many thanks to Chris for the dried pods.

-Peter

I'd give it a bit. Probably until summer in a nice dark closet, away from thirsty temptation. The cherry bomb recipe I've got calls for the cherries to be steeped in booze on and off for up to 6 months.

Update, Just decided to toss in 2 fresh yellow 7's and a Fatalii to add a bit more flavor diversity to the final product.

Is that stuff any good or are you paying all for the bottle?

I have heard some pretty bad reviews of the stuff, but some of my friends can be snobby about what they drink.

I have heard some pretty bad reviews of the stuff, but some of my friends can be snobby about what they drink.

I doubt that even a Vodka connoisseur would be able to discern it's prior rotgut status, now that it has been further enlivened with the spirits of those Superhots.

Now if one were to have purchased some Bong Vodka, they'd have had both a decent vodka, and a use for the empty bottle... :high: :rofl:

http://cocktails.about.com/od/spiritreviews/gr/bong_review.htm

dvg

I had a shot or two before putting the chilies in and it's highly smooth with very slight flavor. Distilled watter and a touch of rubbing alcohol.
Nothing special for a Vodka, but I'm a scotch drinker and mainly see Vodka as a drink for alcoholics and mixing.

Vodka is always a good choice because it has minimal flavor to begin with and can take on other added flavors without interfering with them too much.

dvg

Current state after the new "brain" matter was added.

5413874821_5e633260c9.jpg

Peter, you might want to hide that skull away from any local, marauding alcoholic Zombies.

Heard a rumor that they might be developing a taste for pickled "Braaaaiiiiiinn Straaaaaiiiiiins" :rofl:

dvg

When we do chilli beer it takes about 2 weeks to start heating up. After a couple of months it just gets hotter and hotter.
I'm sure it would stop at some stage but not sure when.
I know alcohol is going to "preserve" the chillies but if bits aren't submerged do you think it could spoil like it does in oil? I'm not sure but just a thought when using fresh vs dried. Though come to think of it I think we have had some fresh chilli in beer and it has been ok, can't remember.

When we do chilli beer it takes about 2 weeks to start heating up. After a couple of months it just gets hotter and hotter.
I'm sure it would stop at some stage but not sure when.
I know alcohol is going to "preserve" the chillies but if bits aren't submerged do you think it could spoil like it does in oil? I'm not sure but just a thought when using fresh vs dried. Though come to think of it I think we have had some fresh chilli in beer and it has been ok, can't remember.
I ended up adding even more peppers so that none a exposed, apart from 2cm directly below the neck.
I highly doubt anything will grow in 40%, but if needed I can aways drop in a shot or two of Everclear.

Dude you have no idea how hot you just made your Vodka

I dropped 3 Fatalii's with holes punched in them into my bottle, and its so hot its to the point where I cant even drink it.

peppervodka.jpg

It got that hot after about 2 weeks, so trust me it doesnt take long whatsoever

Dude you have no idea how hot you just made your Vodka

I dropped 3 Fatalii's with holes punched in them into my bottle, and its so hot its to the point where I cant even drink it.

It got that hot after about 2 weeks, so trust me it doesnt take long whatsoever

I know man, it's going to be a killer. I just tested some on the tip of a knife :eek:
Since its going to be unbearably hot there will be plenty to share with THP people.

Back