• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The thread of Creepy Crawlies

This is a Atlas beetle grub. They live in the ground for about two years prior to becoming an adult. Adults live four to six months.

IMG_20130302_134856_678_zps0c6ed6fd.jpg

an adult what, demonspawn? agh! kill it with fire!!

So turns out wasps eat pepper leaves. Who knew. Little bastard managed to chew that whole leaf off before I smashed his head in. Just one more reason to hate these things.

wNtJcYO.jpg

Hate to hear of killing them but I understand. Nothing gets to eat our peppers but us.

Portuge I love the pics of the mom wolf spider with all of her babies riding on her back. They are pretty good moms for their babies.

Lucky I thought the same thing the first time I seen an Atlas beetle grub. Disgusting things! But they do turn into some pretty cool adults.

atlasbeetle_zps0a1f0605.jpg

Photo courtesy of Houston Museum of Natural Science.

Here's another one of our creepy crawlies. This is Moose. He is a Columbian Red-Tailed boa. He belongs to my youngest daughter Megan. We got him in 2005 shortly after he was born. Barely 16 inches long. Now he's around the five foot mark and about as big around as a coffee cup. He started out eating baby mice and is now up to adult rats. He gets fed frozen ones that have been warmed up. He gets two a month. He grew up wrapped around my daughters ponytail with his head resting on the top of hers. Very easy going. Me, I prefer not to mess with him, don't like snakes that much, but I will if I have to.

DSC030251700x1275_zps26531ac6.jpg

Just watch out for Leaf cutting bees... They don't do much damage but will take a bunch of bites out of the leafs...

Wow that beetle is huge... Never want to come across one of those... But I have been finding different spiders around my house... Heres a lil looksy of what i found...

IMAG0674_zps57a6387b.jpg

IMAG0671_zpsc831f0b5.jpg

Found this guy in the yawn trimmings bin..
IMAG0678_zps4633d13b.jpg

So turns out wasps eat pepper leaves. Who knew. Little bastard managed to chew that whole leaf off before I smashed his head in. Just one more reason to hate these things.

wNtJcYO.jpg

Holy crap ! How big is that wasp ?? You live close to a Bacteriological Lab ?? I would have shoot it straight away with my double barrel shotgun ! Never bring that thing in Europe please ...

Thought I would refer to this thread as seeing a few bug guys are in here does anyone know the lifespan of a Hercules beetle

Nevermind I got my answer. I am trying to find a good bug that will last a while but i dont want a spider. I am looking at a tailless whip scorpion just no luck finding a source and I have had hissing cockroaches I think I might just get another one of those

Here is one I took. Not sure what it is. Found it in the kitchen in St. Lucia and placed it on a piece of paper for the shot. Used a remote flash and my Olympus EM-5.

BUG.jpg
In St Lucia you must have some pretty scary bugs. Half of my family is living in La Martinique close to St Lucia, and I remember they have some huge bugs :s

I love Martinique! We don't need a French visa to visit as we are the closest island to Martinique and there is a high speed ferry service that takes passengers from Castries to Fort-de-France and is a little over an hour trip. The Cuisine is awesome over there.

Reactions: PHB
Ok so here we go again Folks.. Bringing this right back to the top...
just some spiders i find around my house...

IMAG0780_zps593846a8.jpg

IMAG0778_zps35c11085.jpg

Thats all for now, will be looking for more to add here...

Found something that most people have seen once in their life inside their homes...
This one is the larger one that is mostly found outside..

IMAG0831_zpsf5f0d35b.jpg

IMAG0828_zpsb2799378.jpg

Would hate to pick that one, but Im gonna be bringing this back up to the top.. hoping for some other awesome pics to roll in from everyone...
IMAG0833_zps083358e5.jpg

Back