• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The thread of Creepy Crawlies

GhostPepperz said:

That is pretty cool, your dog chases Kangaroos? I bet that is fun to watch
I don't encourage it that's for sure. Usually, if she's close enough to me and spots a Kangaroo or Wallaby I can keep her from chasing them using only voice commands. 

But on the odd occasion she'll get onto one when she's further away or out of plain sight, then starts the chase before I can intervene. She won't chase them for long, and will never venture too far from me.

She is part Whippet, and absolutely loves to run, it is her natural instinct to chase.

SR.

Damn straight! She actually loves to run, and I can't express that enough. I have a big backyard and without any prompting, she'll grab a toy in her mouth, and then just run around like crazy. Then, she'll put that toy down and repeat with another toy.

Oh, and one of her toys is a full size basketball with ropes attached which she has no trouble taking for a run.

SR. 

Geonerd said:
Wasps, who doesn't hate the bastards?!

PaperWasp.jpg

Chris, is this a Damsel, or Dragon?

IMG_0392x.jpg
If it was not answered it is a damselfly - a blue one to be precise :) 

These are so fckn cool
I have seven this year close to the house
I feed them flies and crickets(tossed to the web)
Bad ass spiders for sure
Big one this year is about 4" long and a leg spread out to near 7"
Big Ole wench for sure,her boy friends arent half her size
There is a nest that should hatch out any day now,the rains likely are holding them back
Thanks for the coolness pic of a LoneStar critter
TXCG said:

Back