• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

The UNLUCKY SQUIRREL made by scott Zalkind owner of LDHS

Hm. If you kept "unlucky squirrel) and If you have a way to make the "food's best friend" big enough, and instead of a simple line, use tire tracks, it could work. Otherwise, it comes across as either a typo, or you're saying it's not so good.

Yeah - that's my fear. It's not going to be the Unlucky Squirrel (trademarks are expensive and I love my current branding - lol) so no - it'll be a Lucky Dog Yellow Label....so I'll leave the FOOD'S BEST FRIEND" alone.

The red for the slogan and pepper silhouettes comes off a little bit dull with the yellow so bright, so I'd likely either go for a fire-engine red or use Yellow for those accents as well. Like I said, a work in progress.

Glad you're diggin the sauce though!
:cheers:

hey scott dont you remember hot sauces are supposed to be like stop light and yellow mean slow not super hot or hot lol if you dont get it look at orange label posts i know scott will get it

I was going to post something very similar to this... but Tyler beat me to it. :D

Hmm.... Another alternative you might consider would be a grunge font. If I find one I think might work, I'll let you know.

Hmm.... Another alternative you might consider would be a grunge font. If I find one I think might work, I'll let you know.

Maybe it's old school, but I'm really stuck on the whole consistent branding thing.

The only time I've considered changing it is for a Thai Chili marinade recipe I have - considering LDHS Purple (purple sunburst, yellow pinstripes) and using that fake-asian font for the LUCKY DOG.

That would be an acceptable departure from my branding. For the Yellow I'll likely play it straight. :cheers:

Possible examples:

ldhs.jpg

I totally get the consistent branding thing, but if you wanted to go for joking around a bit, something like this might not be too bad.

lol - no, going back on Sunday to see about getting LDHS on their counters.

Now that I'll be selling down the street at the farmer's market I think it gives me a good angle.
:)

Let me know how you like that Jonah sauce!

Not so sure about a bacon and squirrel sandwich.....
But the sauce sounds right on!
The stromboli is lookin bangin as well.

wow that look amazing lol...... i only had it straight and on hamburgers so far and i have about half left im gonna need more ldhs

More? Heh - no such thing. I will tweak this recipe mercilously until its just right. Might take a few batches, but you'll never have THIS sauce again. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

That's kinda cool.

omg scott that just sucks you have to atleast make one more batch just for the people that recieved the first bottles im sure they would agree with me lol.......

No one bought anything. I gave it away. Y'all paid shipping. it was for fun.

Sorry man - enjoy it while you have it. It's like going to a rock concert and hearing an epic jam - you'll never hear it played that way again.
:dance:

Savor the moment.

No one bought anything. I gave it away. Y'all paid shipping. it was for fun.

Sorry man - enjoy it while you have it. It's like going to a rock concert and hearing an epic jam - you'll never hear it played that way again.
:dance:

Savor the moment.
i edited it sorry read again i didnt say bought!....... well then the last half is gonna be the best lol

Back