spirits The Whisky Thread

moyboy said:
I would be to.

I've never seen it before, but it's very well received, from the reviews i have just read.

Hope you enjoy it...

P.S. I Hate you.......:lol:🤥
LOL, I'm gonna post a picture of each sip just for you ;)

Apparently this company existed in PA and went under, and this KY company bought the rights. Methinks to slap that "EST. 1753" on the bottle. I hope it's good. I'll let you know.

I don't keep a collection, I drink em as i get em. right now I have

Johhny Walker Gold Label
Elijah Craig 18 year Bourbon
Knob Creek Bourbon
Pritchards Double Barrel Bourbon

The good folks at Makers Mark send me christmas gifts every year so I'd better mention them too even though I'm not in possession of any right now.

Knob Creek... memories of not remembering. Good stuff! Maker's Mark too, even if they spell whiskey the Scots way.

oops

turkeyset006yz6.jpg

chuk hell said:
Anyone ever drink rye? Wild Turkey makes a good one but I think Old Overholt is better.

Oh, man, i grew out my chest hair drinking Jim Beam Rye for years. But, yeah, i think Old Overholt(which is made by jim beam) is really good stuff.

I just got given a bottle of 30y.o Glenfiddich yesterday from a deceased estate. It was given to me by the son of an old gent that i have known for many years through social activities. The son doesn't drink but knows (through his dad and I always talking about it) That i am a keen collector/appreciator (drinker) of all whisky types.

The son said Glen (who bought the bottle 20 years ago) always treasured it and would never open it (which was true, I was always trying to get him to pop the cork). Well Glen finally said to his son only a few weeks ago that he (at 70) thought it was the right time to give the drink a taste, and was going to open it with friends last weekend. But last Wednesday he was hit by a drunk driver while walking across a pedestrian crossing.

My blood boiling now just thinking about it.:mad: F*%king a%$hole should rot in hell......

Anyway, the son gave me the bottle still sealed and said "Dad would have wanted this to be given to someone that will drink it and appreciate it, so it's now yours"

So we popped the cork there and then and drank a toast to a great bloke, and thanked him for a quality whisky.

I hope your drinking the good stuff where you are Glen.:halo:

By the way, the 30y.o Glenfiddich was some sensational stuff.

Smooth and fruity with all the glenfiddich characteristics but also some extra woody flavours and also a little caramel starting to show.

It is now up there in my top 5 favourites, and on it's own merits, not because of the story behind it.....

Was something really special, and not something that i would have ever got to try due to it costing over $380AUS in most stores..

Thats a great story and a fine drink by all accounts..it did go to someone who will cherish every drop as you have shown ;)

I just purchased a bottle of isle of jura 'Superstition' on the weekend, on DaveTaylor's recommendations and i have to say it is a lovely drop.

It has a Mild peat presence that is still powerful enough to stand out long after the mouth full is swallowed.

Very slight toffee and caremel flavors once a drop of water is added.

All in all i am very happy i got this bottle and would recommend it to peat and non-peat lovers alike....

Cost was $80AUS

Just got myself a bottle of Limited release (300 bottles) Port Ellen 29 year old at 57.7%.

Wasn't the cheapest drink but i nearly fell over when i saw it in the local Dan Murphy's store....

It is getting put away for a rainy day...and it will have to be bloody pouring for me to open it....

The equivalent earlier releases of this stuff is going for very high hundreds in auctions so i will keep it for a few year to see what happens.

But it might get the better of me and i will have to crack it open...You only live once!!!!

Moyboy, I read earlier that you like sherry and port wood aged scotch. Did you ever have the Glenmorangie Sherry and Port wood finished? I loved them both.

I currently have the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (port finish) and i love it. It is in my top 5 regular drinkers....

I have a order in for a Glenmorangie Lasanta (sherry finish) as a bday present...

Good taste you've got there JayT ;)

Unfortunately everything older than twelve years is outta budget. I love the single malts not the blended. So I'd prefer a Glenfiddich to a Dimple or Chivas Regal. Best stuff I had was a 12 yrs. old Glenn Moragnie, Lagavulin and a Dalwhinnie. The best now on my shelf is a Glennlivet.
For years I thought I'd only drink Scotch but as we have family in Alabama and Tennessee I had guided tours at Lynchburg, TN. And now I like the Old No. 7 too. But you can still make me run for shelter with Bourbon.

Back