spirits The Whisky Thread

Oh the Quarter cask is so good....I'd been thinking about getting it for a good 12 months then when Tony got it and I tried it....I realised I HAD to have it...:lol:

MMMMmmmmmmmm Laphroaigs.... My old man will never again say whilst at the bottle shop with me, "you want anything?". I love the peaty taste.

Has anyone ever tried Ezra Brooks? Friend of mine here says that it tastes like a stronger version of Jack Daniels. Looked for it in Vegas and couldn't find it. Only saw it in western PA but it was in a big bottle and I knew that I wouldn't be able to carry it on my flight. :(

Moyboy, I'll have a few bottles sent to me and then give them to an Aussie buddy for you next year. Just provide me a few brands from your wishlist. You will have to drive to Emu Plains to pick them up but I am sure you won't complain. ;)

Philipperv said:
Has anyone ever tried Ezra Brooks? Friend of mine here says that it tastes like a stronger version of Jack Daniels. Looked for it in Vegas and couldn't find it. Only saw it in western PA but it was in a big bottle and I knew that I wouldn't be able to carry it on my flight. :(

Moyboy, I'll have a few bottles sent to me and then give them to an Aussie buddy for you next year. Just provide me a few brands from your wishlist. You will have to drive to Emu Plains to pick them up but I am sure you won't complain. ;)

I hadn't even heard of Ezra Brooks before now.....We don't get many of the smaller brands of bourbon here in Australia which is a great shame as some of them are really great. :(

My dear Perv, you may be getting a PM from me very soon...:)

Ooooohhhh the Glenlivet is huge. It really has a massive full complex profile that just gives and gives.

I got it fairly cheap at the airport duty free shop and almost fell over when i saw the price at the bottle shop

God dam the volume limit on duty free alcahol!

Philipperv said:

Yeah dood, rememember the Mac Throwdown?

I had some pix of it in there...

S6303758.jpg

It's a nice powerful bourbon, but still pretty good for about $15 a bottle. More of a mixer than straight shotter. ;)

QuadShotz said:
It's a nice powerful bourbon, but still pretty good for about $15 a bottle. More of a mixer than straight shotter. ;)

$15 a bottle...:shocked::eek:

That really is good......It sucks so bloody much that it costs a fortune to get the good stuff delivered to OZ....:banghead:

moyboy said:
$15 a bottle...:shocked::eek:

That really is good......It sucks so bloody much that it costs a fortune to get the good stuff delivered to OZ....:banghead:

Only one solution to that, you'll have to start a distillery :D

I bought a bottle of Glenmorangie Necor D'or a few weeks ago and It didn't disappoint!!!!

I have been wanting to get a bottle of this for a good 12 months but could never find a bottle of it in Australia. Well I was walking past the locked whisky cabenit at the local alcohol Megamarket and I was grabbed by the arm and thrust against the locked cabinet by an unknown force...:lol: And what I saw almost brought a tear to the eye, A single bottle of Nector D'or for a bloody good price.

I got it and it tastes so good...:D

It's matured in Bourbon barrels then 'finished' in Sauternes casks, and is almost a dessert malt....

glenmorangie20nectar20dor-222x300.jpg

I can't believe im so far behind on this topic, considering im born and raised and live now in Bardstown, bourbon capital of world.

not to mention great uncles has been master distillers and my great great great and so on great grandfather is basil hayden...

To be honest i like whisky and have had some single malts but i cant really taste the difference between a fine single malt 15 year old vs a cheap blended whisky other then the single malt is somewhat smoother and not as sharp tasting.

I did see "young's double chocolate stout" in this thread that's a nice brew. :)

I don't mind stout but would much rather have a strong IPA!

Holy Mother of Crappachino, Nova!!!

Everclear by the carboy!!!!!

Unfriggin' real....where do I sign up for "quality control"?

Back