• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TheAmatureGreenThumb Glog... 2012

Alright guys this is my first year growing more then just a Ghost Pepper or Bhut Jolokia. Got a new ghetto grow light set up and working daily to make it better and learning along the way. So please comment let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or if you like what you see. Thanks everyone you guys are awesome and I Love this website. Now for the photos.

Oh wait my varieties this year. (Still working on getting more types)

1. Bhut Jolokia
2. White Bhut Jolokia
3. White Habanero
4. Orange Habanero
5. Poinsettia
6. Anaheim
7. Ancho
8. Long Slim Red Cayenne
9. Jalapeno M
10. Hungarian Wax
11. Sweet Banana
12. Orange Sun Sweet Pepper
13. California Wonder Sweet Pepper
14. Golden California Wonder Sweet Pepper
15. Purple Beauty Sweet Pepper
16 Diamond Sweet Pepper

photo14.jpg

These are two Long Slim Red Cayennes with a little yellowy white mold.

photo16.jpg

Another Two LSR Cayenne

photo15.jpg

Jalapeno... One of my best pepper plants I've ever had.

photo17.jpg

This was my Ghetto Heat Mat.

photo18.jpg

And this is my new upgrade.

photo19.jpg

This is their caregiver & protector. Shes pretty awesome.

photo20.jpg

My Plan-o-gram.

photo21.jpg

Bhut Jolokia from last year and the only two peppers that set. Again I'm new at this. So hopefully I'll get some more this year.

photo22.jpg

A closer look at the pods. I think they're about 2 weeks old or so.

Thanks for reading guys I'll keep you up to date on how it goes. And please if you notice anything I should try or change please let me know. Thanks for all the input ahead of time. Keep Growing!!!

Well I also put some work in today and look it what I got....

photo65.jpg

I finally got the ok to build a raise bed on the sunny side of the yard. Oh its on now. :D

Thats two Marigolds and a Mr. Stripey in there for now. Have to harden off a few other things to throw in there.
Also going to get some Chicken Wire or some type of fencing to keep the damn cats away.

Looks great!

Now that you have the t5 hung, how far do you have it above the leaves and how are they doing? I am still trying to get the hang of it.

Looks great!

Now that you have the t5 hung, how far do you have it above the leaves and how are they doing? I am still trying to get the hang of it.

Matt I'm hanging it about 4" above them. They seem to be ok with that. My Habs are loving it. My Sweets not so much. lol.

How are your babys doing?? Are they loving the new light??

Very nice, is that from the book "square foot gardening"? Is that mel's mix? :D

I believe that idea begain there but I never read that book just saw it done on a few videos. But as for the Mel Mix I have no idea. lol
Oh wait I just googled "Mel Mix" and yes yes I guess I did do mels mix.

I mixed 3 different typs of compost (Black Kow, Mushroom, Organic)
also some Vermiculite and some peat moss.

lol wow I had no idea... That is funny.

Those of you that responed to my "Noob in search of seeds" are awesome by the way. So willing to send me seeds. I really feel the pepper love and its real. Thank you all again.

Again guys thanks for viewing.

Sweet raised bed, GT! I agree with Shane - put some hots :twisted: in there!
Now that she sees how beautiful it is :halo: maybe your honey will want
another raised bed or two!

Looking good man...you really need a nice bhut or 2 to offset those marigolds!

Hardening off some peps as we speak. I'm still debating which beautiful White Bhut I want to put out there. They all look amazing probably my best looking peppers so far.

Sweet raised bed, GT! I agree with Shane - put some hots :twisted: in there!
Now that she sees how beautiful it is :halo: maybe your honey will want
another raised bed or two!

I'm thinking Next year I'll have two - three beds. :D I'm working on some stuff but I'm also saving some space for the seeds that are on there way. Well I'm saving two spots for stuff on the way. I really want to grow as many different colors of bhuts as I can. I have white and red right now and some of the guys here are hooking me up with some yellows I believe. So Pumped.

I promise the heat is coming. I have a Coyame, Orange Hab, White/Red Bhuts, and some multi-colored sweets Hardening off right now.

More pics to come!

Wow. I opened the mail box today and all I have to say is Mikeinsc hooked me up...

The Seeds Mike sent me:

Lemon Drop
Jamaican Red Hot
White Bullet Habs
Paper Lantern Habs
Caribean Red Habs
Giant White Habs
Naga Morich
Douglah SR
7 Pod Yellow
7 Pod Jonah

Just a big Thank you to Mikeinsc... This seriously blew my mind when I opened the envolope and saw all of these bags pour out. Thank you so much. Looks like Christmas came early this year.

Another Early Christmas Gift in the mail today from stc3248

The Seeds Shane Sent me:

Goat's Weed
Aji Lemon
Choc. Hab
Choc Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Purple Bhut
Fatalii
Douglah
And the last one I'm not sure what it says...

Another Big Thank you going out to Shane (stc3248). Sharing what you had is just awesome and thank you so much.

Alright now here is what I'm getting ready for my Outside grow.

photo66.jpg

Starting top left down: Yellow 7 Pod, 7 Pod Jonah, Caribbean Red Hab.
Right down: Giant White Hab, Douglah
All of these are OP from Mikeinsc. (Thank you sir.)

photo67.jpg

From Left to Right: Fatalii, Choc. Bhut, Yellow Bhut, Purple Bhut, Choc. Hab.
All of these are from stc3248 (And thank you kind sir)
I believe he said they're all OP except the Purple Bhut.

Ok and here is an update on my Beautiful White Bhuts
photo69.jpg

I noticed after I transplanted these that I used soil not meant for containers.

photo68.jpg

Probably my best looking peppers... (I don't want to Jinx myself here but...) I think I'm getting a little better that this guys.

Some of the leaves are funny looking because they were deeper in the cups and didn't have enough room to spread out fully.

Alright guys thanks again for viewing.

Another Early Christmas Gift in the mail today from stc3248

The Seeds Shane Sent me:

Goat's Weed
Aji Lemon
Choc. Hab
Choc Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Purple Bhut
Fatalii
Douglah
And the last one I'm not sure what it says...

Another Big Thank you going out to Shane (stc3248). Sharing what you had is just awesome and thank you so much.

Alright now here is what I'm getting ready for my Outside grow.

photo66.jpg

Starting top left down: Yellow 7 Pod, 7 Pod Jonah, Caribbean Red Hab.
Right down: Giant White Hab, Douglah
All of these are OP from Mikeinsc. (Thank you sir.)

photo67.jpg

From Left to Right: Fatalii, Choc. Bhut, Yellow Bhut, Purple Bhut, Choc. Hab.
All of these are from stc3248 (And thank you kind sir)
I believe he said they're all OP except the Purple Bhut.

Goccia D Oro???

I've never grown it??? I have 2 seedlings up and running. It is a sweet Italian pepper that is pretty rare here in the states. Heavy producer. The seeds popped quick and are really fast growing. Something different that I thought you might like. They get rave reviews for a sweet pepper.

Good luck with them!
Shane

Very Nice. Thank you Shane.

Already have some pods forming in my garden. Nothing to big but again this is my first year really growing. Just a few Cayennes at the moment but my Orange Hab is blooming too. So we should see a few of those soon. Still debating on which White Bhut will be going outside. All three of them look so pretty... :mope: I don't want the Florida bugs to get there filthy hands on them. lol We'll see.

Alright after only 5 days we have Hab. Hooks.

photo70.jpg

(3/3) on Giant White Habs

photo71.jpg

(2/3) Carribean Red Habs.

I don't know what it is about these little guys but once I see them I get so excited for whats to come. :D

Now if only I can get some 7 pods :pray:

Thanks again for Viewing guys

Congrats on the new additions! I am the same way, I have about 14 or so left to sprout and this is about 9 days from planting so I am getting one and two a day. It is like a lil party each time!

Congrats on the new additions! I am the same way, I have about 14 or so left to sprout and this is about 9 days from planting so I am getting one and two a day. It is like a lil party each time!

Thank you sir. Can't wait to see how your new peps like your CFLs. I love my new light. As you can see my White Bhuts do too.

Looking great Chris! Can't wait for your pod pics!

Thanks. I can't wait either. Habs are in bloom now and going to start hardinin' off my White Bhuts tomorrow. Crossing my fingers that they start blooming soon after. Can't thank you enough Shane.

Lookin good, that's quite a list ya got there now... your gonna need more room.

I know. I wished and some of the great people here on the forums hooked me up. I can't wait to get some pods and pay it forward. Hopefully I can get some Yellow Bhuts this year like you.

Back